Best Program(s) for recording your ops?

What programs do you all use who record your runs? I was curious as I have never done it before and would like to but have no idea where to start. My question is there good ones that are low cost/free and don't use a lot memory making my computer slow down when recording?

Thanks.

OBS is excellent, and also allows you to stream on Twitch if you are so inclined. It's very efficient (MUCH more so than the old chestnut, FRAPS). Bandicam is better still though. It's not free, but it's also not that expensive.

Thanks I will check OBS out as it looks very promising from their website. I mentioned cost as I want to test it out first before I buy if need be as I have little experience and feel like many of the big programs will be too complicated for me at first and hate to waste money.

Lol at Fraps, my only experience filming any video game content was 10 years ago one time I filmed a Halo custom map and having my computer slow to a snail :p (Yes I was that kid whose idea of cool music was putting in Linkin Park on in the background, such cringe memories :p )

Thanks again.

Edited by FerkWork

I also use OBS, used to use shadowplay but it was annoying having to go full screen and was very buggy for me. obs is great and I don't need to switch out of fullscreen windowed so if you chose you can also capture starparse over lays. Great quality it does take some setup tho.

I also use OBS, used to use shadowplay but it was annoying having to go full screen and was very buggy for me. obs is great and I don't need to switch out of fullscreen windowed so if you chose you can also capture starparse over lays. Great quality it does take some setup tho.

So I did a test of OBS yesterday on ToS and trying to watch it back on a FLV player I got was the audio but not the video as it was just a bunch of wavy lines of color. Is there a way to fix it? I couldn't find anything helpful in their help guide. I run on a Mac laptop via Windows Bootcamp in Fullscreen windowed.

Second question, is their any way to edit the video in OBS or does that require a separate program as I would like to cut out fluff?

Edited by FerkWork

What is your system spec and do u have fps drop when streaming/recording?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.