when is the fury guide coming out?

Bobzillaaa

Start guide

Get stacks > charge/obliterate > raging burst > fury strikes > force scream. Rinse and repeat. And if you have the set bonus make sure you ravage sometime before fury strikes to get that autocrit. To get stacks just use berserk or ticks from force crush.

/endguide

Edited by Ld-Siris

Start guide

Get stacks > charge/obliterate > raging burst > fury strikes > force scream. Rinse and repeat. And if you have the set bonus make sure you ravage sometime before fury strikes to get that autocrit. To get stacks just use berserk or ticks from force crush.

/endguide

PvP guide is for PvP

PvP guide is for PvP

Fury is the primary AOE spec useful for leveling as you always get lots of adds and packs of mobs, however in 3.0 it also adds a big single target damage move as well. From a leveling stand point most things will revolve around Smash it wont really get good until level 44. When you get Destruction at 44, you can build up to 3 stacks those increase damage of smash(AOE) or raging burst(Single) by 5%. There are other passives/combos that will also increase that damage.

Build up to 30 stacks of fury: Force charge - Battering assault - fury strikes - Smash/raging burst -force crush -or Frenzy-> Smash/raging blast - Force scream -Berserk or filler to 30 stacks - Obliterate- berserk - Smash/raging blast : Or you can swap the 1st raging burst for a smash, if you find mobs are leaving you to agro your companion or what not. Also use Cloak of Pain. Might be a tight window with raging blast sundering the target for 45s and moving to Obliterate range for the 10% boost from sundered target and crit on Obliterate

semi correct.... However you can swap in raging blast if you are at the right level. It would be best if you do another attack before your first raging blast for that extra 5% damage add. Filler is anything to build up to your next berserk. . You might need to run out to 10m in order to use Obliterate there used to be a perk to use it at any range but I think we lost it after 3.0. Fury is pretty simple build up. Then AOE or single target as needed with hopefully 3 stacks of destruction.

Oh yea for fury strikes I would use when available for the defensive boost.

edit to fix the rotation.. still might need a little tweaking. but again.. I'm no expert.

Edited by Imasithbanana

Fury is the primary AOE spec useful for leveling as you always get lots of adds and packs of mobs, however in 3.0 it also adds a big single target damage move as well. From a leveling stand point most things will revolve around Smash it wont really get good until level 44. When you get Destruction at 44, you can build up to 3 stacks those increase damage of smash(AOE) or raging burst(Single) by 5%. There are other passives/combos that will also increase that damage.

Build up to 30 stacks of fury: Force charge - Battering assault - fury strikes - Smash/raging burst -force crush -or Frenzy-> Smash/raging blast - Force scream -Berserk or filler to 30 stacks - Obliterate- berserk - Smash/raging blast : Or you can swap the 1st raging burst for a smash, if you find mobs are leaving you to agro your companion or what not. Also use Cloak of Pain. Might be a tight window with raging blast sundering the target for 45s and moving to Obliterate range for the 10% boost from sundered target and crit on Obliterate

semi correct.... However you can swap in raging blast if you are at the right level. It would be best if you do another attack before your first raging blast for that extra 5% damage add. Filler is anything to build up to your next berserk. . You might need to run out to 10m in order to use Obliterate there used to be a perk to use it at any range but I think we lost it after 3.0. Fury is pretty simple build up. Then AOE or single target as needed with hopefully 3 stacks of destruction.

Oh yea for fury strikes I would use when available for the defensive boost.

edit to fix the rotation.. still might need a little tweaking. but again.. I'm no expert.

It was more of a comment of how the rotation he gave was a bit of a PvP based guide.

I'm tempted to look at getting optimal gear figured out for focus, but I have no idea how i'd go about it properly (e.g. how do you use Valorous Call/Frenzy in Concentration/Fury aside from Bloodthirst/Inspiration?)

Also from Oofalong's early notes on concentration/fury:

I came up with this single target rotation for Fury | Concentration. I believe it is pretty close to optimal for dummy parses based on math. Has anyone found other rotations or had success with something similar?

I am working on more analysis and a guide similar to my Annihilation | Watchman one for this discipline; I will update this thread as I have more.

Edited by TACeMossie

Some times something is better then nothing. PVP has way more variation adding in stuns/KB/Roots. etc..

It's all good because normally you would want to pop your stims etc before your huge hitters. Then before you can pop beserker and frenzy and then blood thirst. Did not get to write it all out while at work.

:):D:)

Kwerty, you simply don't use VC outside the opener

In a PvE environment, other than using Valorous Call | Frenzy to power an Inspiration | Bloodthirst or to recover from prolonged downtime, I think the extra Zen | Berserk causes you more problems, which is kind of odd.

I am still working on a guide for the spec although there are several things higher on my list. Still, I expect it to be done sooner than a BioWare Soon

In a PvE environment, other than using Valorous Call | Frenzy to power an Inspiration | Bloodthirst or to recover from prolonged downtime, I think the extra Zen | Berserk causes you more problems, which is kind of odd.

I am still working on a guide for the spec although there are several things higher on my list. Still, I expect it to be done sooner than a BioWare Soon

Depends on the PVE. If your just running dailies or bashing down mobs. That extra 3 stacks of destruction (don't know pub naming) for a smash or raging burst for another big hit.

For a raid or Boss and you don't want to pull agro from the tank ,then give the 10% bonus from Bloodthirst | Inspiration to the group yea. However, our class is not really that desirable for such actions. I'm sure there is some over lap on cool downs that allows you say ever now and then do that extra burst of damage where both Bloodthirst and Berserk will be up. Maybe if you have to help with an add or a peel.

Depends on the PVE. If your just running dailies or bashing down mobs. That extra 3 stacks of destruction (don't know pub naming) for a smash or raging burst for another big hit.

For a raid or Boss and you don't want to pull agro from the tank ,then give the 10% bonus from Bloodthirst | Inspiration to the group yea. However, our class is not really that desirable for such actions. I'm sure there is some over lap on cool downs that allows you say ever now and then do that extra burst of damage where both Bloodthirst and Berserk will be up. Maybe if you have to help with an add or a peel.

First off, I was exclusively talking about a raid boss (although the same applies to flashpoint bosses). The Fury | Concentration rotation relies on buffed Raging Burst | Focused Burst, which requires 3 stacks of Destruction | Koan. Gaining these three stacks comes from either Berserk | Zen or Force Crush | Force Exhaustion. And, the rotation is very prescribed where one use of Raging Burst | Focused Burst is buffed from Force Crush | Force Exhaustion while the next is buffed through Berserk Zen. Thus, an extra use of Berserk | Zen doesn't really help us as it risks delaying the already sustainable pattern we enjoy.

Edited by oofalong

First off, I was exclusively talking about a raid boss (although the same applies to flashpoint bosses). The Fury | Concentration rotation relies on buffed Raging Burst | Focused Burst, which requires 3 stacks of Destruction | Koan. Gaining these three stacks comes from either Berserk | Zen or Force Crush | Force Exhaustion. And, the rotation is very prescribed where one use of Raging Burst | Focused Burst is buffed from Force Crush | Force Exhaustion while the next is buffed through Berserk Zen. Thus, an extra use of Berserk | Zen doesn't really help us as it risks delaying the already sustainable pattern we enjoy.

ok so what you are saying is I was handling Valorous Call/Frenzy appropriately in Concentration/Fury (only use it for Inspiration or Transcendence or if you screw up the rotation, and only when you are @ 0 stacks of Centering/Fury unless you screwed up the rotation)

Edited by TACeMossie

PvP guide is for PvP

It's true I'm a PvPr. And I also don't play fury all that often. But having a basic rotation out there until a guide is out will help. It's unbelievable the amount of marauders out there that clearly don't know what they are doing.

It's true I'm a PvPr. And I also don't play fury all that often. But having a basic rotation out there until a guide is out will help. It's unbelievable the amount of marauders out there that clearly don't know what they are doing.

True true. Nothing was ever stated in this thread about in what situation. It is totally better to use the group buff over giving yourself a 10% increase. However, being asked to take on add's or to peel being able to burst down that would be helpful as well. If timed right you can still use frenzy to get instant 30 stacks to pop beserk or if you already have 3 stacks of destruction.

Yes, a lot don't know how to use all of our skills thats part of the fun knowing when to buff group with either offensive or defensive or yourself.

ok so what you are saying is I was handling Valorous Call/Frenzy appropriately in Concentration/Fury (only use it for Inspiration or Transcendence or if you screw up the rotation, and only when you are @ 0 stacks of Centering/Fury unless you screwed up the rotation)
From a purely theory crafting view, you won't be using VC outside the opener for inspiration. Any other used will be completely situational.

All our discussion is endgame PVE related. Also, how would you pull aggro on a boss from the tank with Concentration?

In a word: Yes

Sorry, I guess I like overly complicated explanations :)

All our discussion is endgame PVE related. Also, how would you pull aggro on a boss from the tank with Concentration?

OP did not specifically state that. Some people use the guides while leveling to get the rotation down. Or other bits of info they can gain from it. Just saying. Generating more threat then the tank. Tank starts fights Mara jumps in starts bursting Boss switches and now healer has to work to keep a medium armor AC with little defensive up.