Strike Fighter Night on POT5 March 28

SWCNT

CANCELED

Strike Night is Canceled and will be rescheduled for April. This will give more people a chance to gain ship req, and open a weekend up for a super serious event.

Thanks!

Strike Fighter Night

DATE: March 28th

TIME: 9-12 EST

SERVER: POT5

Unfortunately, the Strike Fighter is the black sheep of GSF, but they can still be a lot of fun especially if there's only strikes. This will be a night of intense dogfighting.

Rules:

Any striker fighter is allowed, but only strike fighters. There are no other rules. Those not in strikes should and will be focused.

Please reply to thread if you're interested. If you need a team let me know and I'll find you some good pilots. Also put down whether you'll be flying pub or imp. If you have any questions ask

Edited by SWCNT

I feel like this is a great idea but it would be a lot more well received if you hosted it on The Bastion. A lot of people have already paid money to transfer characters over to The Bastion. I know a month is a long time to upgrade 3 ships but I'm not sure I want to invest that much time for 1 night of play.

I feel like this is a great idea but it would be a lot more well received if you hosted it on The Bastion. A lot of people have already paid money to transfer characters over to The Bastion. I know a month is a long time to upgrade 3 ships but I'm not sure I want to invest that much time for 1 night of play.

A month should be penalty of time to get at least 1 strike to mastered condition. You don't need 3 upgraded strikes to be competitive, only two would be required. Having a mastered T1/T3 or T2/T3 isn't going to make a world of difference, especially if you have T2/T3, then mastering a T1 isn't going to give you much of an advantage--if any. What side has the imperium/clarion's and are using them well will make a world of difference. So you're looking at 2 ships if you want to be at maximum competitiveness. That's a much smaller investment than what's needed for a super serious team event. Also, I'd do it more than one night, maybe like biweekly if things go well. That being said, I'm not against your idea, but since it's not my home server my ability to help organize teams would be limited--I don't know the community well enough. I also feel it's a bit rude to host something not on your home server, especially since they do have a vibrant GSF community. Like hosting a party at a friend's house because they have the pool.

Edited by SWCNT

It's nice to see something hosted on an east coast server. That gives EU players the chance to participate without having to worry too much about latency. For me its 30-40ms in EU, 90-120ms US east and 180-240ms US west - it's not unplayable but it certainly feels different. Edited by Danalon

• 3 weeks later...