Getting ready for level 60 pvp?

pwhdavey

Got some questions about it. And no, I'm not going to go into ranked without ranked gear. Seen enough threads and rants in general chat to know that! :) Level 57 now and stockpiling comms. I've got a small stash of ranked warzone comms as well that I've converted.

So...in regular 60 warzones, there is no bolster right? So what's going to happen if I enter one in PVE gear? Do I just need to keep doing suicidal runs until I'm fully outfitted in regular PVP gear?

On the ranked gear vendor it says that alongside x amount of rwz comms you need some sort of token (exhumed?). What does this mean? Why can't you just go ahead and purchase ranked gear with ranked comms?

Just to make sure I haven't been stupid all this time...ranked gear is better than regular PVP gear right? Just better stats? Does ranked gear only have better stats in arenas or does it outclass regular PVP gear in open world PVP too?

How much longer is the ranked season for? Based on previous seasons, is there a certain score threshold that you need to reach to get the rewards? Would you have had to be playing the season right from the beginning to stand a chance at getting these rewards (e.g. weapons, mounts, titles)?

There is bolster in Level 60 warzones. But it works differently than in sub 60 bracket as it does not scale high level grear. To bolster properly, wear 162 gear from Forged Alliances with 156 MH/OH or 162 barrel/hilt and 140-148 mod Enh on the MH/OH. MH/OH by some reason scales differently. For more details, please read Icykill's thread "The 2018 Expertise is Essential. It also has a video explaining the gearing.

Token is the piece of Exhumed gear, the Tier 1 gear. You hand it in to get the Dark Reaver, the Tier 2, piece. Hence, do NOT augment T1 gear. Hence, try to exchange the Left side pieces first, as they cannot be augmented.

Tier 2 gear is slightly better because it has a slightly better stat distribution, but expertise is the same. ou have a bit more advantage in the Full Dark Reaver set over the Exhumed. But you can't get Reaver before the Exhumed.

Ranked Seasons go back to back this time, so there will be no Off Season soft entry till at least the Summer.

Edited by DomiSotto

There is a bolster at lvl 60 as well, so dont worry :) Just make sure you use proper pve gear(not higher than 162 rating, with lower rating on mainhand/offhand, there is a whole thread about it somewhere on this forum) so you get bolsterized to full 2018 expertise. You will be weaker than ppl in full pvp gear obviously, but you shouldnt be a cannon fodder either. And getting full set of pvp gear( Exhumed - first tier) doesnt take long. Also it would be wise to rip off the mods from your pvp gear, put them in addaptive/moddable gear of your choice and augment that gear asap. Why ripping mods? Cos you will need those pvp pieces to upgrade to the next tier.

There are two types/ranks of pvp gear, first tier is Exhumed, and the second tier is called Dark Reaver(a bit better). Exhumed gear costs warzone commendations, while Dark Reaver costs ranked warzone commendations. You also need a "corrsponding" Exhumed piece, meanning, If you wanna buy ranked chest piece(dark reaver) for example, you will need 3500 Ranked Warzone Commendations AND unranked chest piece(Exhumed).

And yes, Ranked(DR) gear has a bit better stats than Unranked(Enforcer), both in pvp and open world.

Edited by Nefczi

There is bolster in Level 60 warzones. But it works differently than in sub 60 bracket as it does not scale high level grear. To bolster properly, wear 162 gear from Forged Alliances with 156 MH/OH or 162 barrel/hilt and 140-148 mod Enh on the MH/OH. MH/OH by some reason scales differently. For more details, please read Icykill's thread "The 2018 Expertise is Essential. It also has a video explaining the gearing.

Token is the piece of Exhumed gear, the Tier 1 gear. You hand it in to get the Dark Reaver, the Tier 2, piece. Hence, do NOT augment T1 gear. Hence, try to exchange the Left side pieces first, as they cannot be augmented.

Tier 2 gear is slightly better because it has a slightly better stat distribution, but expertise is the same. ou have a bit more advantage in the Full Dark Reaver set over the Exhumed. But you can't get Reaver before the Exhumed.

Ranked Seasons go back to back this time, so there will be no Off Season soft entry till at least the Summer.

Thank you. I finally managed to get 148 mods and 156 barrels for my blasters. And I am in the full Forged Alliances 162 gear. What about crystals for MH/OH, can I keep using the +41 ones?

Thank you. I finally managed to get 148 mods and 156 barrels for my blasters. And I am in the full Forged Alliances 162 gear. What about crystals for MH/OH, can I keep using the +41 ones?

If you have a PvP saber (exhumed or dark reaver) you use a war hero crystals (expertise +41). If you do not have a PvP saber (162, 156, etc etc.) you use either hawkeye (+41 power) or the endurance one (+41 endurance). Never use non expertise crystals in an item with expertise, or expertise crystals in an item without expertise.

Edited by DOVAHKllN

Got some questions about it. And no, I'm not going to go into ranked without ranked gear. Seen enough threads and rants in general chat to know that! :) Level 57 now and stockpiling comms. I've got a small stash of ranked warzone comms as well that I've converted.

So...in regular 60 warzones, there is no bolster right? So what's going to happen if I enter one in PVE gear? Do I just need to keep doing suicidal runs until I'm fully outfitted in regular PVP gear?

On the ranked gear vendor it says that alongside x amount of rwz comms you need some sort of token (exhumed?). What does this mean? Why can't you just go ahead and purchase ranked gear with ranked comms?

Just to make sure I haven't been stupid all this time...ranked gear is better than regular PVP gear right? Just better stats? Does ranked gear only have better stats in arenas or does it outclass regular PVP gear in open world PVP too?

How much longer is the ranked season for? Based on previous seasons, is there a certain score threshold that you need to reach to get the rewards? Would you have had to be playing the season right from the beginning to stand a chance at getting these rewards (e.g. weapons, mounts, titles)?

Look at this link on gearing to get 2018 expertise before and at LVL 60

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=795518

Does it give 2018 expertise tho? I had thought that only 162 or less did that.

No... 168 will not give you 2018 expertise... 162 is the highest LVL you can have... But even having all 162 gear will be too high is you also have it on the main and of hand weapons... To off set this you can equipe 162 hilt/barrel, 148 mod, 148 enhancement

No... 168 will not give you 2018 expertise... 162 is the highest LVL you can have... But even having all 162 gear will be too high is you also have it on the main and of hand weapons... To off set this you can equipe 162 hilt/barrel, 148 mod, 148 enhancement

Hey mate, I know you dont mean to come across this way, as you use ... often in your posts.

You do realize that in most understandings that those textual pauses convey sarcasm/exasperation/condescension, right?

Anyway, i was aware of the break down requirements of the 162/148 set up. I had thought that 168s were not viable, but it would have been very useful to a couple of my alts if it was, so hence the question.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Actually, if you miss a single 162 piece, having one 168 will only reduce your expertise to like 2004. I think in one of the re-shuffles of the gear, because all the sets look the same, I accidentally switched off 162 chest for 168, and that's what my expertise dropped to.

EDIT: I obviously bought the Exhiumed chest as soon as I could. I have no idea what happened to the 162 chest. It went to the same place the Obroan armoring bit went from my belt (but left the mod behind?). They are hanging out there together laughing at me. :cool:

Edited by DomiSotto