The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP Tank Relics

Col_Wilson

I already posted this in the pvp forums but I'm not sure it will get much attention so I'll ask here as well:

I'm just wondering, am I missing something when it comes to the absorb shield relic? The damage it says it absorbs seems incredibly tiny. I've been using this relic because I know defense rating isn't the greatest thing to rely on for PvP (my armor is all shield/absorb), but I'm starting to wonder if maybe the defense rating relic is the better one to go with. Does the relic actually absorb more damage than it lets on or should I start using the defense rating relic?

Absorb relic all the way.

the thing you have to realize is that the defense relic is only giving you <5% defense chance and only some of the time. Most of the time it procs it won't even cause you to defend a attack during its proc.

the absorb relic on the other hand is never wasted.

While the math has been done on the 3.0 relics, the math was done for the defense rating relics pre.3.0 and it was found that in order for the defense relic to be better you would have to be taking 9k sustained damage taken per second in only ranged and melee damage. Of course in PvP r/m only comprises around 40% of the damage, so.....

• 2 weeks later...