We've Haven't Been Able to Interrupt Sorcerers/Sages In 3 Months,Can We Fix That Yet?

revcrisis

Pretty much every class has NOT been able to interrupt Lightning Sorcerers and Telekinetics Sages since 3.0 launched. Powetechs/Vanguard can interrupt Lightning Sorcerers fine. This is an issue with the interrupt of Warriors, Inquisitors, Mercenaries, and Agents. THE REASON we cannot interrupt is because of a bugged discipline point called "Tremors / Conduction" which grants the Unshakeable buff to the Lightning Sorcerer. The issue is that the unshakeable buff is granted BEFORE the interrupt registers, not after. Basically, it makes a lightning sorcerer uninterruptible all the time, every time, from every class except Powertechs & Vanguards. I mean, you must have gotten countless reports on this. Can we please fix this yet? Edited by revcrisis

I'm pretty sure that my Scoundrel can't interrupt Sorcs either (the Interrupt button is greyed out), but I may be wrong.

Your interrupt won't be grayed out for this particular bug. It's only grayed out when they have Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift active.

Only vanguard and powertech interrupt works against the Tremors bug.

Here's a log with the relevant part (Distraction is gunslinger interrupt)

22:17:45.519 You activate Telekinetic Burst

22:17:46.582 You gain Unshakable

22:17:46.582 You gain Distraction from Rhuarc

22:17:47.083 You spend 27 Force

22:17:47.419 You hit Oberei with Telekinetic Burst for 935 energy damage

As you see, the interrupt immunity is applied before interrupt takes place. Happens 100% of the time against all classes except PT/VG unless Tremors is on internal cooldown.

The combat team is working on this bug, and will get it fixed ASAP! Currently, though, I don't have any indication of the update it will be included in.

Playing as a sage and Sorc... I can say that I get interrupted all the time... I can also interrupt other sage/Sorc on different classes... I'm not sure anything needs fixing... I have not come across this problem... I have had issues interrupting hatred assassins occassionally

Playing as a sage and Sorc... I can say that I get interrupted all the time... I can also interrupt other sage/Sorc on different classes... I'm not sure anything needs fixing... I have not come across this problem... I have had issues interrupting hatred assassins occassionally

You must be playing a different game.

You can only be interrupted as tele sage/lightning sorc by Vanguards or PTs. The only other way to be interrupted is through CC/knockbacks. That's what makes this discipline incredibly broken. This means any heal, damage cast - or even simply clicking on an objective in a reg WZ cannot be interrupted using a hard interrupt ability, unless it is from a VG or a PT.

And if you're trying to interrupt a Hatred sin, you're doing it wrong since everything they do is instant.

Edited by Jaiyne

Your interrupt won't be grayed out for this particular bug. It's only grayed out when they have Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift active.

Thanks for the clarification. I just tested it in a BG and you are 100% correct. When I interrupted a sage, he got the Interrupt debuff but continued casting, my interrupt was not effective. And stunning them is not an option either, because then they'll take 30% reduced damage. :(

Hope they'll fix this bug soon, it is giving them an unfair advantage. You can't even interrupt their long heal or their Force Lift outside of stunning...

Edited by Jerba

The combat team is working on this bug, and will get it fixed ASAP! Currently, though, I don't have any indication of the update it will be included in.

No wonder....

If I didn't communicate problems of this magnitude to my customers, I'd be fired....

On a positive note, I played WoW for the first time the other day and wow! Cross-server queues and zero-lag game play. I'm not sure about class balance, as I'm only lvl 25, but from what I've read, it's balanced at max level. . All of this stuff should be in SWTOR. (Yavin 4 is absolutely pathetic in terms of lag.) How can you charge people money for this game in the state that it is in?..... You guys are about to lose a founder...

And this is still around after the next ranked season started...

Edited by MuratReis

How can you guys playing the class not notice the bug? Honestly, it helps to explain why customer complaints about X being OP or Y being UP are so ridiculous sometimes..

I mean, for you to be playing a Lightning Sorc for almost 3 months and not notice you were basically immune to interrupts... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 1 month later...
How can you guys playing the class not notice the bug? Honestly, it helps to explain why customer complaints about X being OP or Y being UP are so ridiculous sometimes..

I mean, for you to be playing a Lightning Sorc for almost 3 months and not notice you were basically immune to interrupts... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Honestly, I might not have noticed it either. Theyre still uninterruptable by PT/Vanguards, and things like warrior's Charge ability still interrupt it.

Even if you ask otehrs about it, they'll tell you that "it's probably polarity shift."