Gearing Questions

The_Anf

Hello Lads and Ladettes

Just a few gearing questions to help me be more effective.

1- What is better for companions? Full 186 Modded Gear or the Generic 192 stuff from SoR weekly rewards? I realize that sinces its PVE it probably won't make a difference at all but I do like to have an idea what would be considered better for companions.

2- How do I find what is BIS for my mains? I currently am full 186 with full 186 augments but I haven't gotten into ops or HM flashes yet (mostly time issues) where would be a good place to start?

Hello Lads and Ladettes

1- What is better for companions? Full 186 Modded Gear or the Generic 192 stuff from SoR weekly rewards? I realize that sinces its PVE it probably won't make a difference at all but I do like to have an idea what would be considered better for companions.

2- How do I find what is BIS for my mains? I currently am full 186 with full 186 augments but I haven't gotten into ops or HM flashes yet (mostly time issues) where would be a good place to start?

1 - For the simple fact that the 192 set has higher stats, chances are it is better for your companion. The fact of the matter is that most of the time while using your companion fights are so short that dummy parse data is of little value.

2 - Dulfy.net

Edited by psandak

Hello Lads and Ladettes

Of course 192 is better; it is easier to get and they have more stats to work with.

And as for BiS, there is no simple answer asive from check google. There are a few theorycrafters and people who make guides, and I never rely on a single one and usually cross-check when I cannot be bothered to test myself.

More Q's (always)

You veterans have any tips to be decent at open world PVP? I find that I almost always lose in open world. It is most certainly a case of me just being awful and reacting slowly to the fight but tips still would be most welcome.

More Q's (always)

You veterans have any tips to be decent at open world PVP? I find that I almost always lose in open world. It is most certainly a case of me just being awful and reacting slowly to the fight but tips still would be most welcome.

The thing is, OWPvP is usually a large-scale battle, so you need a large ops group of players, preferrably with great reading/listening skills to coordinate.

that is the only real "OWPVP".

The other kind is where you are doing missions, and three Assassins gank you. There, I don't think a single one of us "vets" can do much if the other side knows what they are doing. (even though I did once run into a group of 6 assassins (level 20) who treid to gank my level 60. Lets just say I received a warning for harrassment from that encounter.)

Typically, if it is a duel in the wild, gear, level, general skill and often environment are the major factors.

Personally, when I am losing a one-on-one fight and I know I can get away with it, I try to kite my opponent into a group of base guards (preferrably) or failing that, just a mob to help me kill him.

Once I let a Jugg get killed by the Seigebreaker over on Alderaan before stealthing out :)

TL;DR: Solo Duels -- just practice dueling and use environment for advantage. Being ganked - nothing much you can do except get more people and gank them back. Doing the ganking - pick on really small targets, preferrably 1-2 palyers. Doing full-blown battles -- if your teams are at decent skill level, they will handle themselves, if not, voice won't really help all that much. Voice usually helps t ocoordinate fine manoeuvering.

Hope that helps.