Wanting to roll ranged

Bhaile

I'm by no means an "expert" as I haven't been playing all that long, but ... My guess would be Sith Sorc or Jedi Shadow. I think the shadow is a little more gear dependent than the Sorc. and of course it depends if you want to go light or dark side.

Trooper is also pretty decent if she prefers a "shooter" class, plus it has the added advantage of your first companion being able to use exactly the same gear as your toon, so he can have all you hand-me-downs when you upgrade gear.

I'm by no means an "expert" as I haven't been playing all that long, but ... My guess would be Sith Sorc or Jedi Shadow. I think the shadow is a little more gear dependent than the Sorc. and of course it depends if you want to go light or dark side.

Trooper is also pretty decent if she prefers a "shooter" class, plus it has the added advantage of your first companion being able to use exactly the same gear as your toon, so he can have all you hand-me-downs when you upgrade gear.

Jedi Shadow is melee, not ranged. Maybe you are thinking of Sage, which is the mirror class to Sorcerer. This is a good choice if your wife wants a force using class. Commandos and gunslingers are probably among the easiest ranged classes to learn, at least in my experience. Keep in mind that what is easy for one person is difficult for another person. Your wife should experiment and see what she likes best.

The "true" ranged classes are:

Trooper: Commando AC

Bounty Hunter: Mercenary AC

Smuggler: Gunslinger AC

Agent: Sniper AC

Consular: Sage AC

Inquisitor: Sorcerer AC

Any of the disciplines for these advanced classes work, but commando/merc and sage/sorcerer have a healing discipline as well. They would still be a ranged class, but the focus would shift from damage to support.

"Easier to play" depends upon the discipline and whom you ask. Personal preference also comes into play.

I suggest that she choose based upon what she thinks she would enjoy playing as and then try to give it an honest go.

If she gets it then it is simple enough. If not, then she can look at something else.

Sniper/Gunslinger is a great option. I recommend the 'marksman' tree. It is a load of fun in PVE and very powerful ranged dps. since you dont move much in PVE, and it's DPS rotation is relatively simple, it is an easy class to pick up and do well with. PvP, however, has a MUCH high skill curve for sniper.