The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard DPS - stat priority?

Ransurian

I'm having a ridiculously difficult time finding current information concerning pretty much any aspect of Vanguard DPS for some reason or another. This game still has over a million active players, doesn't it? Seems odd that Vanguard DPS would be so rare that nobody would bother to occasionally update some guides for it.

Anyway, I'm level 35 and haven't updated my armorings / mods / enhancements since level 29. Instead of the usual commando mod / commando armoring / reflex / commando barrel / fervor enhancements I've been getting, I'm now able to purchase a variety of gear mods that increase stats like surge rating, power, and accuracy. What specific mods, armorings and enhancements should I be getting for optimal DPS as Tactics? As far as stats, should I generally be striving for tons of crit / aim, or should I be investing into power / accuracy / surge rating? Any help is greatly appreciated, since world chat on my server is... well, unhelpful.

Pre-55:

Power + Aim + Crit: Highest possible combination

Surge/Alac/Acc: Whatever the hell you feel like

55-60:

Acc to 0 (PvP) / 306+ (PvE Trash Mobs) / 758+ (PvE Bosses)

Surge to 300

Alacrity to whatever you want (0 to 750 depending on how you're gearing up)

Full Power

Level 60

Click on a link in my signature for that one.

Pre-55:

Power + Aim + Crit: Highest possible combination

Surge/Alac/Acc: Whatever the hell you feel like

55-60:

Acc to 0 (PvP) / 306+ (PvE Trash Mobs) / 758+ (PvE Bosses)

Surge to 300

Alacrity to whatever you want (0 to 750 depending on how you're gearing up)

Full Power

Level 60

Click on a link in my signature for that one.

How much alacrity are you using these days in your PT/VG

Currently at 591, need 1 more BiS enhancement till I'm at the level I want (600). Also need 1x BiS Acc/Power enhancement, 5 198 Set Bonus armorings, and a 198 mainhand.

That's a lot of Alacrity. So my guess is you're at your accuracy Cap, and you have 300 (Approx) pts in Surge?

I'm genuinely curious because i want to revamp my Vanguard... and i'm always looking for better ways to use Tactics.

What are you pulling on the dummy with 591 Alacrity?

(Wouldn't mind know what augs you're using)

That's a lot of Alacrity. So my guess is you're at your accuracy Cap, and you have 300 (Approx) pts in Surge?

I'm genuinely curious because i want to revamp my Vanguard... and i'm always looking for better ways to use Tactics.

What are you pulling on the dummy with 591 Alacrity?

(Wouldn't mind know what augs you're using)

Currently @

767 Accuracy

292 Surge

591 Alacrity

~250 Crit

Augments of:

8x Acc

1x Surge

5x Power

I haven't parsed since I got that gear, but heres my best from the past. Since then, i've replaced 2 enhancements, a relic and the earpiece for the optimized 198s versions.

Tactics: 4722.31 - Full 192s with Offhand, 2 armorings, 1 mod, both implants, 1 relic and 3 enhancements being 198s. High alacrity build

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/deffaf60e75059798a3952d89a7d1ec7/0