The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make an Adv. Class changing item

Saito_Hiraga

Maybe for 600-800 Cartel Coins allow players to change their Advanced class. Im sure there's a lot of people "including me" that have already hit the lv cap or reached a high level and start to regrect their Adv. Class choice. and it would be really late and a big waste to delete the toon and make a new one with the other class, so please it would be nice if you add a Cartel item that allows you to change your character's advanced class to the other one on use.

been suggested over and over and over again.

They don't seem overly inclined to.

Why would they?

Each "advance class" is a class in its own with a different play style. Only reason we have them is because the Devs could not afford to create 16 class stories.

A Commando is nothing like a Vanguard, just like an Assassin is nothing like a Sorc.

They might as well give us the option to change classes all together.

Why would they?

Each "advance class" is a class in its own with a different play style. Only reason we have them is because the Devs could not afford to create 16 class stories.

A Commando is nothing like a Vanguard, just like an Assassin is nothing like a Sorc.

They might as well give us the option to change classes all together.

It's not so much they couldn't afford to it's that they wanted to give options beyond the 8 they planned. A Powertech is still a bounty hunter, they are just a method of fighting for that profession. A mercenary is still a bounty hunter, it's just a method of fighting for that profession. I mean in that case you could say they couldn't afford to do 24 class stories or how about 32?

It's not so much they couldn't afford to it's that they wanted to give options beyond the 8 they planned. A Powertech is still a bounty hunter, they are just a method of fighting for that profession. A mercenary is still a bounty hunter, it's just a method of fighting for that profession. I mean in that case you could say they couldn't afford to do 24 class stories or how about 32?

They have 8 unique stories...and 16 unique classes (each class is mirrored). They just happened to call them "advanced classes" and Classes since "pick your story, pick your class" doens't really work.

they have said, AC is your Class. So what you are asking is to change classes.

tl;dr Class->Advanced class->spec is same thing as "story"->class->advanced class.

• 2 months later...

Do a /who on fleet or check your guild roster.

How many characters above level 10 do you see with their class listed as bounty hunter or trooper, depending on your faction? Now how many characters above level 10 have MERCENARY, POWERTECH, VANGUARD or COMMANDO listed as their class?

Sorcerers are ranged DPS/heals while assassins are stealthy, melee tank/DPS. They are not just different play styles, they are different CLASSES.

How many characters above level 10 do you see with their class listed as bounty hunter or trooper, depending on your faction? Now how many characters above level 10 have MERCENARY, POWERTECH, VANGUARD or COMMANDO listed as their class?

Sorcerers are ranged DPS/heals while assassins are stealthy, melee tank/DPS. They are not just different play styles, they are different CLASSES.

Arguing about the definition of a "class" is a waste of time. BW has consistently indicated that changing AC is not going to happen, period, no matter who dominates whom in a debate about the definition of a "class".

No, I won't post links to quotes, either. I'm not your free research assistant.

They are still based on a single class, yes they are different but they are still similar. My point above was more to the people saying that Bioware was lazy/broke being the reason they didn't make 16 different class stories, one for each 'advanced class'

Arguing about the definition of a "class" is a waste of time. BW has consistently indicated that changing AC is not going to happen, period, no matter who dominates whom in a debate about the definition of a "class".

No, I won't post links to quotes, either. I'm not your free research assistant.

QFT

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

They share one set of base class skills and one discipline tree, not to mention the same story and the same set of companions. They are not different classes, they are different "sub classes" of the same base class. As noted by me many times, the only role switch AC change would add to the game is between tank and heal.