More class story content?

DarthMalies

He're an excerpt from the Producers Road Map for 2015

"Shadow of Revan was just the beginning. In 2015, we are committed to bringing you more character-driven adventures in the Old Republic universe. You’re going to see a unified story, with a focus on themes that unite our eight classes – everyone is a veteran from the Galactic Civil War with a complicated past and an uncertain future. You’ll see a greater emphasis on your character’s personal history, and on the choices you make."

This kind of paints an ambiguous picture for me with the 'unified story', but I'm hoping the rest of it is eluding to stories that continue the focus on the respective class and not one story fits all class sort of thing. I also want to see more class companion involvement, new conversations for them instead of maybe a single cutscene in the beginning of an expac.

He're an excerpt from the Producers Road Map for 2015

"Shadow of Revan was just the beginning. In 2015, we are committed to bringing you more character-driven adventures in the Old Republic universe. You’re going to see a unified story, with a focus on themes that unite our eight classes – everyone is a veteran from the Galactic Civil War with a complicated past and an uncertain future. You’ll see a greater emphasis on your character’s personal history, and on the choices you make."

This kind of paints an ambiguous picture for me with the 'unified story', but I'm hoping the rest of it is eluding to stories that continue the focus on the respective class and not one story fits all class sort of thing. I also want to see more class companion involvement, new conversations for them instead of maybe a single cutscene in the beginning of an expac.

For me, the ideal merger of "unified story" and "character's personal history" would be a single overarching storyline with a common goal for everyone (per faction), but within which each separate class progresses along a unique path.

They didn't specifically mention the words "class story," though, so I'm not too sanguine about what's actually coming next.

Now the simplest explanation of a "unified story" is simply a continuation of what we just had... The story we just did was certainly unified, perhaps too much since it was for the most part the same story.

That said the excerpt says "...your character's personal history..." which I find most interesting. So if they do go back to individual stories this seems to hint that stuff from early in our journey may have consequences. Examples... The Emperor is back so perhaps the Children of the Emperor will seek revenge on the Consular? Does the Knight have to face a new Emperor's enforcer as he now sees his previous Wrath (the player character) as an agent of the Dark Council and Marr especially? Does the Emperor seek revenge for this perceived betrayal by his Wrath? Does Jadus return adding complications for the Agent (especially if like me you chose the light side option?)

I do have my doubt's? Having this many stories with this many different cut scenes and voice actors seems a tad over the top budget wise but I can dream.

Edited by Ghisallo