lost

lyricalcontent

i feel pretty lost playing this game. there's so much to do... but i don't know where to begin.

My first goal is to reach max level. I can't figure out my second goal. I think i want to get into pvp but i don't know anything about pvp. i want to start my own guild but i can't figure out how to do conquests and so far i can' find a guild that i'm not always the only player logged in so i can never ask questions except on general chat. sort of defeats the purpose of being in a guild. that leaves me without knowledge and a good guild master should know the game, and one goal i have is to start a guild. what happens if i explore every place and unlock all the terminals? is there any point in maxing out creature kills (i.e. gang members killed: x/200) with one character or does the count accumulate bw all my toons? it would take forever to go around killing everything 100-250 times. and if i did what would i gain?

i'm sort of a perfectionist and i want to invest time into this game, but can you see my confusion?

i really just need some sort of book or manual on how stuff works so that i can set more goals, but i can't even find that.

First of all: join an existing guild. Always easier to learn stuff from veterans than to figure it out for yourself.

Second: for now, just follow the quests. Do your mainquests and sidequests. If they become orange or red in your quest log, do some more sidequests until you level up. I recommend doing regular flashpoints (not tactical flashpoints) and warzones -- the former are four-man dungeons for a combo of tank / healer / 2 x DPS and are PvE encounters, the latter are PvP battlegrounds where you fight an opposing team for control of some objectives. Note that when entering a flashpoint for the very first time, it is important to say you are new and ask for advice, as some of the bosses can be quite tricky for first-timers due to special mechanics.

In short, enjoy the game, and worry about the rest later.

This game is indeed quite massive.

I'd advise you to follow the main story line. Do as much quests as you can. Also if you're planning on doing PVP at max level. Do it from now on too. Just so you can learn tactics, and get your valor rank up so you wont feel like a noob at level cap.

Besides questing and pvp, I always enjoy doing flashpoints. Just use group finder so you can continue questing and every now and then a group will be formed.

Goodluck and enjoy the game.