The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

companion gear

I want all of my companions to have their best possible gear but i can't choose to upgrade all of them when their new gear is offered at the end of missions. i can only choose for one. is there a way to get their best gear after the story is complete? if not, could we add to cartel? I want my characters to all look cool.

While you're leveling up, you can use your basic commendations to buy adaptive gear from the planetary vendors, credits to buy some from the GTN, or cartel coins to get some from the cartel market. If you find adaptive gear you like the look of, use your basic commendations at the modifications vendors to keep the armorings, modifications, and enhancements updated.

Good news for your companions at 55-60: Yavin 4 has a weekly mission reward lockbox with a full set of 192 gear for a companion of your choice, which you can repeat every Tuesday. It isn't modifiable, but it all looks great imo. And you can't beat level 192 gear.

Edited by halcyon_havoc

While you're leveling up, you can use your basic commendations to buy adaptive gear from the planetary vendors, credits to buy some from the GTN, or cartel coins to get some from the cartel market. If you find adaptive gear you like the look of, use your basic commendations at the modifications vendors to keep the armorings, modifications, and enhancements updated.

Good news for your companions at 55-60: Yavin 4 has a weekly mission reward lockbox with a full set of 192 gear for a companion of your choice, which you can repeat every Tuesday. It isn't modifiable, but it all looks great imo. And you can't beat level 192 gear.

Mostly this. Except the level 192 part. People have been comparing the Comp gear to the next tiers down, and finding that just going through and modding gear for comps gets a better result instead of the 192, which isn't as optimized. But not the point of your post.

I recommend buying an adaptive armor set off the GTN, then training Cybertech to make armoring/mods and then just buying the enhancements for their measly two basic comms. My Cybertech has saved my alts many, many,many comms by just mailing or Legacy Storing mods and armorings.