The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Clone Wars or Rebels

VitalityPrime

Seriously though, Ahsoka has been described as an advanced Padawan, had an excellent lightsaber instructor and has showings that put her on Jedi Knight level and in some respects above. The fact that she could hold her own against the likes of Grievous and Asajj Ventress strongly indicates that in her prime she'd be above an Inquisitor.

I'm expecting pretty impressive showings from Ahsoka, if her record is anything to go by.

Yeah, same here...I hope they really do her justice.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, Ahsoka has been described as an advanced Padawan, had an excellent lightsaber instructor and has showings that put her on Jedi Knight level and in some respects above. The fact that she could hold her own against the likes of Grievous and Asajj Ventress strongly indicates that in her prime she'd be above an Inquisitor.

I'm expecting pretty impressive showings from Ahsoka, if her record is anything to go by. I also think if Ahsoka is going to die in combat, it would most certainly be against Vader as opposed to the Inquisitor, for a more poignant death.

Right ok, but what we haven't seen is enough of the Inquistor, every time we do see him, he's just toying with Kanan for the most part. How do we know that he wouldn't be a viable threat against her? Not saying he would have to kill her.

But as I also said, her fighting Vader is also something that would be ok.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Right ok, but what we haven't seen is enough of the Inquistor, every time we do see him, he's just toying with Kanan for the most part. How do we know that he wouldn't be a viable threat against her?

Again her ability to contend, if only in a small way, with the likes of Grievous and Ventress, who no doubt considerably outstrip the Inquisitor in terms of ability, suggests that he could go toe-to-toe (though would ultimately lose) with the Inquisitor as a Padawan, a teenager. 15 years on and surely the Inquisitor would be outmatched.

It just seems unlikely, possible, but very unlikely.

I mean at 31, assuming her progression has not been stunted, Ahsoka should be Jedi Master level. But heck maybe her abilities were stunted due to a lack of training, then again it didn't seem to have an effect on Kanan.

Edited by Beniboybling

Right ok, but what we haven't seen is enough of the Inquistor, every time we do see him, he's just toying with Kanan for the most part. How do we know that he wouldn't be a viable threat against her? Not saying he would have to kill her.

I think the point is that we've seen enough of Ahsoka to know this...and showing anything less from her, as I said before, would ruin her character way before it solidifies a new character.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I think the point is that we've seen enough of Ahsoka to know this...and showing anything less from her, as I said before, would ruin her character way before it solidifies a new character.

How would her fighting the Inquistor be showing less of her ability? Why can't the Inquistor just be that good?

Would you have this same opinion if the Inquistor had as much screen time?

So if next Monday the Inquistor shows and has a fight with Ahsoka and isn't stomped, this means that Ahsoka is showing less of what she is, instead of it being a feat for the Inquistor?

I'm not really sure why you guys are downplaying the Inquistor so much. Yes Ahsoka has 'fought' Grevious and fought Ventress, but who isn't to say that the Inquistor would be able to give her contest?

But I guess we shall see what happens, I'm giving the Inquistor the benefit of the doubt, given he could still grow and develop. It's not like the Inquistor is just some mook with a lightsaber ya know.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

This is what I really want, I'm just not so easy in handwaving the Inquistor out just because we haven't seen much of him.

I'm not "handwaving him out".

I don't have a problem with him holding his own against Ahsoka...but I would absolutely have a problem with him "killing" her...and really, even besting her in general in single combat.

You have to think of growth of character here.

What we know of Ahsoka from TCW alone, means we "know" she could hold her own against the likes of The Inquisitor...and that takes none of her growth after TCW into account.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I'm not "handwaving him out".

I don't have a problem with him holding his own against Ahsoka...but I would absolutely have a problem with him "stomping" or "killing" her...and really, even besting her in general in single combat.

I probably should have typed my words better, my start off probably gave that notion.

I never intended to say the Inquistor should stomp her or kill her. I don't recall ever saying he should stomp her. I get where you think I meant that he should kill her, with the start of my initial post "Hope she ends", for that I apologize.

Her meeting her end at the hands of Vader would be better.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I mean at 31, assuming her progression has not been stunted, Ahsoka should be Jedi Master level. But heck maybe her abilities were stunted due to a lack of training, then again it didn't seem to have an effect on Kanan.

It had an effect on Obi-Wan though...

How do you know? We may not have seen the full extent of the Inquistor, he could be better than what we actually see of him, or could improve. He's pretty much toyed with Kanan throughout, whose to say he isn't better than what he appears as? Or that he won't become better?

Sheesh you guys don't have much faith for this guy, it's called character development ya know.

You're missing the basic point. If you watch the writers talking about the Inquisitor they are clear on the fact that he is not a fully trained Jedi or Sith.

They even flat out say his lightsaber is designed the way it is so that he can imitate more advanced lightsabers styles and techniques. He's only trained in the basics and just a bit more so that he can do his job.

Ahsoka was a fully trained padawan, almost a complete jedi knight at the end of the series. Her experience and training was born entirely from actual war and combat.

She fought the likes of Grievous, Asaj Ventress, Death Watch, etc, and carried herself well.

She would be able to decisively handle the Inquisitor. He can put up a fight, but in the end there is no doubt she'd stomp him.

He's just like the Inquisitors from the EU. He has just enough skill and training to do his job with the full resources of the Empire backing him up.

None of that indicates lack of faith, merely an appropriate understanding of the character, and that's coming from the writers of the show in their videos.

All that being said, we'll see what they actually do with the Inquisitor, he's a pretty good character.

Edited by CaulderBenson

You're missing the basic point. If you watch the writers talking about the Inquisitor they are clear on the fact that he is not a fully trained Jedi or Sith.

They even flat out say his lightsaber is designed the way it is so that he can imitate more advanced lightsabers styles and techniques. He's only trained in the basics and just a bit more so that he can do his job.

Ahsoka was a fully trained padawan, almost a complete jedi knight at the end of the series. Her experience and training was born entirely from actual war and combat.

She fought the likes of Grievous, Asaj Ventress, Death Watch, etc, and carried herself well.

She would be able to decisively handle the Inquisitor. He can put up a fight, but in the end there is no doubt she'd stomp him.

He's just like the Inquisitors from the EU. He has just enough skill and training to do his job with the full resources of the Empire backing him up.

None of that indicates lack of faith, merely an appropriate understanding of the character, and that's coming from the writers of the show in their videos.

All that being said, we'll see what they actually do with the Inquisitor, he's a pretty good character.

I don't recall the writers ever saying the Inquistor wasn't on the level of an actual Jedi. Otherwise, I don't think he would be hunting down any surviving Jedi...plus it's noted that he studied and learned from the Jedi records on his bio.

Besides it's not like he can't get better, again I don't think it would be a stomp like everyone is saying just because Ahsoka fought against already noted and exposed characters. The Inquistor still has time to develop and such.

As of right now? Duh of course the Inquistor would be beat, he's not established well enough yet. But as the series progresses into it's Season 2? 3? 4? Etc?

Who's to say he won't?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't recall the writers ever saying the Inquistor wasn't on the level of an actual Jedi.

Did you watch the videos with the writers actually talking about the characters?

They are clear he's not a sith or jedi. That means he wasn't trained, and therefore not on the level of an actual jedi or sith.

That's why they were specific in pointing out his "trick" lightsaber.

If you can't grasp that...well then I guess you can't.

Otherwise, I don't think he would be hunting down any surviving Jedi

The Inquisitor has enough training that he can handle some jedi and primarily other force users with the full resources of the Empire backing him up.

He can set traps and ambushes, which has been his primary M.O. so far in the series.

Did you not notice that?

plus it's noted that he studied and learned from the Jedi records on his bio

That does not in any way make you a trained Jedi or Sith.

The Inquisitor is dangerous, but he's not the threat a full Jedi or Sith would be.

----------------

I don't think it would be a stomp like everyone is saying just because Ahsoka fought against already noted and exposed characters.

If you really think the posters on this thread are saying Ahsoka would win "just because" she's fought characters with "more exposure" I'm wasting my time replying to you.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Did you watch the videos with the writers actually talking about the characters?

They are clear he's not a sith or jedi. That means he wasn't trained, and therefore not on the level of an actual jedi or sith.

That's why they were specific in pointing out his "trick" lightsaber.

If you can't grasp that...well then I guess you can't.

The Inquisitor has enough training that he can handle some jedi and primarily other force users with the full resources of the Empire backing him up.

He can set traps and ambushes, which has been his primary M.O. so far in the series.

Did you not notice that?

That does not in any way make you a trained Jedi or Sith.

The Inquisitor is dangerous, but he's not the threat a full Jedi or Sith would be.

Since when do you have to be trained as a Jedi or Sith to compete with a Jedi or Sith? There are instances where that isn't so.

Also all they say in the video, is that he isn't a Sith. Ok...so? We already know that.

I noticed that, but how does that help him on 1 on 1 confrontations? Traps are all well and good, but he still needs to fight the guy.

I never said that it doesn't make him a trained Jedi or Sith, I said that he was trained and able to kill Jedi. They even state this in the video that he knows Jedi training and their tactics, etc.

They never said the Inquistor wasn't a match for a Jedi.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No that's not what it means. Galen Marek wasn't a sith, Ventress wasn't a sith, Grievous wasn't a sith. Yet they were all kicking major ***.

I noticed that, but how does that help him on 1 on 1 confrontations?

When has he ever fought one on one? He always has troops with him in case he starts to lose and it's always against an opponent after a trap has been sprung.

The Inquisitor is dangerous, but it's under specific situations. The Inquisitor has specific limitations, the character realizes this and takes steps to compensate for his weaknesses. Hence the trick lightsaber, the traps, ambushes, etc.

That's it, I'm done.

No that's not what it means. Galen Marek wasn't a sith, Ventress wasn't a sith, Grievous wasn't a sith. Yet they were all kicking major ***.

Marek was a fully trained apprentice by Darth Vader himself. Ventress had jedi training from her former master and sith training from Dooku. Grievous was a mechanical monstrosity designed for a specific purpose.

All characters with different backgrounds and purposes than the Inquisitor.

I'm not sure why that's hard to grasp given the fact that the creators have commented on the idea behind the character (he's based on and incorporates elements from the EU Inquistors).

I am really done now.

Edited by CaulderBenson

When has he ever fought one on one? He always has troops with him in case he starts to lose and it's always against an opponent after a trap has been sprung.

The Inquisitor is dangerous, but it's under specific situations. The Inquisitor has specific limitations, the character realizes this and takes steps to compensate for his weaknesses. Hence the trick lightsaber, the traps, ambushes, etc.

That's it, I'm done.

He's fought Kanan 1 on 1 at least 3 times, the troops with him don't really do anything other than stand and watch.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think the point Caulder is making is that while the Inquisitor is above average, he's clearly not in the big leagues.

Ahsoka on the other hand has the potential to be.

And the Inquistor doesn't have that same potential? He's still just starting out as a character, just like a lot of characters who in their first appearance, didn't appear as much and then evolved.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi