Arena trolls are bigger issue than win-traders.

Alec_Fortescue

You should consult the sniper/gunslinger leaderboards for season 2 and season 3. I'm at the top. .

Season 3 group ranked: 3 people from POT5 in top 50

Season 2 solo ranked: 2nd place. (not number 1 sniper, therefore your sig is wrong)

Yeah, go on TOFN, see how lucky you are then :rolleyes:

Edited by DartDaya

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didnt get the rating by being bad...

So you can at least assume that even if he isnt he BEST player ever. He is decent. Pointless argument.

Unless "all who are better than me must be cheating" is your motto.

Doesn't matter if you're good or bad, solo rating is based on your team performance. You may be an amazing player but get put with 3 trolls on your team...

Doesn't matter if you're good or bad, solo rating is based on your team performance. You may be an amazing player but get put with 3 trolls on your team...

Solo ranked is a test of a group of player ability to get put in a comp and make it work, it tests how well both teams can work with what they have and overcome the inherent weaknesses in the group. Theoretically the system puts a group of players to make anAVERAGE rating of X and because the rating averages out then both teams should have an equal chance to win, at that point it is up to the team to determine the out come

Can you prove to me that you didn't win trade with the other teams?

Solo rating all boils down to luck. Bioware even confirmed it themselves. Your solo rating is actually based on your team performance, you could have been carried through most of those games... your solo rating is no indication of your skill.

I can attest to Caprica being one of if not the best sniper I've played against and this is coming from a rival player that does not know him personally and has never grouped or been guilded with him.

I've played thousands of solo ranked games and a number of team ranked, so I've seen the full spectrum of players that queue for ranked. Caprica does not win trade and has fully earned this ratings throughout the seasons.

As for solo being all luck, this is also false. I cannot deny that luck does play a factor, but due to it being only 4 on 4, one exceptional player can often carry a team to victory.

Ok now on to the rest of this thread, trolls are by far the number one issue affecting solo ranked at this moment. And not queuing when they are online is not a solution, it's the opposite of a solution. In ranked we all pay to play this game and telling someone to simply stop playing the portion of the game they enjoy the most while certain players are online is not acceptable.

It boils down to a very small group of trolls that if left untouched by BioWare, can single handedly compromise entire seasons of ranked. These players are reported numerous times by many different players.

All that needs to happen is for BioWare to assign an employee to investigate these complaints and start handing out swift and lengthy bans to the offenders. Due to the relatively low populations this would not be labor intensive and would solve the problem.

Edited by J_McSkill

Season 3 group ranked: 3 people from POT5 in top 50

Season 2 solo ranked: 2nd place. (not number 1 sniper, therefore your sig is wrong)

Yeah, go on TOFN, see how lucky you are then :rolleyes:

My gunslinger was #1 in season 2. Both my slinger and sniper are all-galaxy. My sig says "#1 solo gunslinger"... can you even read?

And I only played half the season in season 3 to get to top 1 before all the teams stopped playing us except 1 guild so I took a break from the game. And yeah, I really want to level up a fresh toon and play with massive lag on TOFN. When did I say my server was better than TOFN anyway? You confuse me.

And you are yet another person on this forum that doesn't understand basic statistics and how sample size negates RNG. What a surprise. I didn't get "lucky" with my teams by winning 418 games and having a win percentage of 80%. I won because I know how to play sniper in solo ranked.

Why this thread devolved into "I bet Caprica actually sucks" is beyond me. The OP is an important issue for anyone that plays solo ranked.

Edited by EnzoForMe

I can attest to Caprica being one of if not the best sniper I've played against and this is coming from a rival player that does not know him personally and has never grouped or been guilded with him.

I've played thousands of solo ranked games and a number of team ranked, so I've seen the full spectrum of players that queue for ranked. Caprica does not win trade and has fully earned this ratings throughout the seasons.

Ok now on to the rest of this thread, trolls are by far the number one issue affecting solo ranked at this moment. And not queuing when they are online is not a solution, it's the opposite of a solution. In ranked we all pay to play this game and telling someone to simply stop playing the portion of the game they enjoy the most while certain players are online is not acceptable.

It boils down to a very small group of trolls that if left untouched by BioWare, can single handedly compromise entire seasons of ranked. These players are reported numerous times by many different players.

All that needs to happen is for BioWare to assign an employee to investigate these complaints and start handing out swift and lengthy bans to the offenders. Due to the relatively low populations this would not be labor intensive and would solve the problem.

Thank you Swat, and being frrom POT5 you know the multi-boxer win trader that I was referring to. If he shows up in season 4 I'm going to flip a table.

Thank you Swat, and being frrom POT5 you know the multi-boxer win trader that I was referring to. If he shows up in season 4 I'm going to flip a table.

Yeah I know exactly who you're referring to and he was one of the biggest reasons I left this game early season 3. Too many nights that I had time set aside to play, log on, notice this person and multibox'd alts are online and was forced to choose between rolling the dice by queuing, knowing full well there's a good chance I get a pop with him or simply not paying a game I pay for and WANT to play. Very frustrating.

I should not be denied of playing pvp games because someone joins in and trolls the arenas.

I am paying for this game. I'd like to play it. Trolling arenas falls under harassment clearly. I think there is something about "denying enjoyment of service" in TOS.

The bad players are also paying the same as you.... So guess they have as much right as you!

The difference is that I am not breaking the tos rules when queuing for PvP. Stop putting bad players in the same bracket as trolls. for the entire pre-season i didn't see a single troll in arenas. They do it to drive people's ratings down.

As soon as the next season starts trolls will crawl from under their bridges.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

My gunslinger was #1 in season 2. Both my slinger and sniper are all-galaxy. My sig says "#1 solo gunslinger"... can you even read?

Season 2 Solo for Sniper/Gunslinger on leaderboards

1. Cryyc Sniper

2. Cáprica Sniper

3. Liztec Gunslinger

Can YOU even read? :rolleyes:

The difference is that I am not breaking the tos rules when queuing for PvP. Stop putting bad players in the same bracket as trolls. for the entire pre-season i didn't see a single troll in arenas. They do it to drive people's ratings down.

As soon as the next season starts trolls will crawl from under their bridges.

I tend to agree with you. But I have a theory that some "bad" players (myself included) can straddle the line between bad and troll, which can be a matter of perception (heal to full, make 'em pay, etc. etc.).

I have been playing for 3 years now and my skill level is as high as it will ever get. And no surprise, some of the better, more talented players I have met have judged my skills inadequate. But I never enter a match looking to screw a teammate. Like you all, I'd like to win.

I enjoy playing video games, and that is the limit of my dedication. I don't parse. I don't study Twitch streams. And If I fall out of rotation, I mash buttons and try to have fun.

As I read this thread, I notice that some players will acknowledge that they carry bad's through the fight (probably when they win). But it also seems that some players are otherwise the victim's of trolls (probably when they lose). And I acknowledge that beyond that, there are the true sociopath's such as the multi-boxer mentioned, or the naked afk'rs we have all seen.

I have won many times in solo ranked. I am sure I was carried in 80% of the wins, and was just the best of the bad's in the other 20%.

But I have lost matches when teamed with some of the best recognized, and well talented players in yolo. While most of the time I get the "Bad X is bad" or "Trash x" or "Scrub", on a few occasions I have been accused of throwing a match. This would happen when I would be running a lethality operative, or some other "undesirable" toon.

Naturally, you might get pissed when you're accused of something you didn't do. You are just playing a video game to blow off steam, but all you are getting is grief. And it's the anonymous kind of vulgar, coarse, over-the-top grief that only the interwebs can supply.

So when the person who has a toon in the top 5 on just about every leader board, on just about every server calls you a cheater, a troll, whatever, and throws your mother and dear sister in to boot, you kindly give them what they won't deny. Perception is reality.

And in the consequence free environment that Bioware has evidently created, you reply in the later round(s), "No. THIS is throwing a match."

0-0-0-0. And you re-queue. Why the hell not? Bioware already has my money.

The way I look at it is this: ranked is like a pond that is mostly dried up. When you go to drink from the mostly dried up pond, you will inevitably slurp up some scum and other various undesirables when you go to drink. The only real way to fix it is to add more water to the pond.

well said sir.

The way to deal with arena trolls is the same way that you deal with forum trolls - don't feed them. If trolls are queuing, you should stop.

yet you have to play to find out if they are queueing, and leaving just hurts your ranking even more.

Ranked does need a few things, esp solo ranked.

1st, end bolster.

2nd, 2018 expertise min.

3rd, valor ranking min. I'd suggest 65 due to max level of 60, and that means said person did at least 5 levels of pvp at level 60.

Will it get rid of trolls? probably not completely, but I think their is no real way to get rid of them.. This would minimize their participation though, and encourage decent players to queue because of the lessening of the troll factor.

lol solos are serious

Example of troll right here. Why take the time to comment on something if you have nothing intelligent to say? To harass the people in this thread trying to have a discussion = troll.

Edited by J_McSkill