The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gamebreaking gameplay issue (with many video examples)

Rendekar

I dont understand half the people in this games' community. "If it doesnt effect me how can this be a problem?" and "Its fine, give it time, relax & have fun" are like the mantra of fail for this community.

By the same token, people like the OP who are experiencing the problem claim that everyone else, or "most" people are as well. Works both ways. ;)

Yes, it's an issue.

No, it's not affecting everyone.

Hyperbole and doom and gloom do no good, report the problems as you encounter them and let them do their jobs and fix things as fast as they can.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get complained at for not keeping aggro because of this bug, I'm going to get really upset. Doesn't affect enjoyment of the single player questing too much, but when I group, watching my animations reset and not do anything sucks for everyone in the group.

By the same token, people like the OP who are experiencing the problem claim that everyone else, or "most" people are as well. Works both ways. ;)

Yes, it's an issue.

Hyperbole and doom and gloom do no good, report the problems as you encounter them and let them do their jobs and fix things as fast as they can.

I'd say its effecting more ppl than less. We'll wait a month til the new car shine is gone and see how many ppl still arent experiencing it if isnt fixed.

Edited by oflow

Yes, it's an issue.

I never said "everyone else". I gave a statistics. Go search for swtor gameplay in youtube. Out of 10 videos, 7-8 of them have similar issues. That is all I said. Yeah, it is not a huge sample size but still tells someting.

Edited by Rendekar

Just adding my own observation. This absolutely ONLY happens if I spam keys or queue things too fast. It never ever happens to me if I use a skill when the GCD is truly up.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the ability "queue" and what settings people have it at. I believe the default is 0.5.

I'd say its effecting more ppl than less.

Can you prove that? Or are you just using [made-up] statistics that support your view? (Which is exactly what the previous poster was referring to)

I never said "everyone else". I gave a statistics. Go search for swtor gameplay in youtube. Out of 10 videos, 7-8 of them have similar issues. That is all I said. Yeah, it is not a huge sample size but still tells someting.

You're right, that is not a huge sample size. In fact, that is an incredibly small sample size.

I did that search on youtube. This is what is said:

Search results for swtor gameplay About 42,000 results
Edited by Bdatik

I've had this all through beta even. For me its a SW/JK thing. The slow animation buildup abilities are the main offenders.

Blade storm, force sweep, cauterize and also masters strike. Sometimes they will fail three or four times in a row. Masters strike will go through the animation but hasn't actually fired off.

I think its the client starts the animation then the servers says its busy or the like and cancels it out.

Seems a server/client sync issue.

Edited by Karzi

Game breaking? lol

Where is drama cat when you need him.

You're right, a fundamental flaw in the most important gameplay system in the game (that being, combat) is faaar less important than how this game compares to WoW, the fact that Twi'leks can't have hoods and the fact that you can't customise your companion body shapes.

We should all worry about the important issues, screw the little things that keep games alive!

I have tried on 6 different classes to create this issue and cannot.

I believe it is there for some but not sure what the cause is makes it difficult

to fix. I would bet BW is actively looking into it, but if they aren't able to recreate

the issue it may take more time than the week or so it's been live to fix.

I do hope it is fixed as I want a health community but when people keep threatening to go back to WoW it makes me wish that they just would.

I have no more answers to give you guys in this thread. I made my point and explained myself in my first post. Call it funny. Call it drama. Call it not gamebreaking at all. Call me a whiner. All I am trying to do is to report the bugs and to make the game better. If these issues persist after the initial hype (I hope they do not), we will see how many of us are really having this issue. Edited by Rendekar

How is this game breaking at all?

It's a slight visual bug that's hard to notice amidst a pitched battle. It doesn't stop the ability from working. It's just a slight annoyance for people that are overly observant.

Low priority bug is low priority and deservedly so.

How is this game breaking at all?

It's a slight visual bug that's hard to notice amidst a pitched battle. It doesn't stop the ability from working. It's just a slight annoyance for people that are overly observant.

Low priority bug is low priority and deservedly so.

READ THIS GUYS POSTS. when it frickin happens it makes the ability take longer to go in turn screwing up rotation in turn screwing up damage which hurts when u raid alot for a dps!

Issue is very noticeable with the Guardian Riposte ability.

When it pops up, hammer the ability. Character will repeat the same animation start sequence about 3-4 times, delaying the firing by a good second or so.

Reported this in game, was told it was a "known issue".

Um.. the riposte animation is actually irrelevant to combat, since it can be used at any time, even disregarding the global cooldown, so you can use it during other attacks and it'll work just fine. Also, I'm level 32 with my guardian, and I've never had this sweep bug occur...ever. I'm thinking this is a computer issue, rather than game issue. O.o