The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Parsely - Online Log Analyzer / Viewer & DPS Leaderboard

You know, I'm kinda surprised the guides haven't been pulled down in protest to be honest, people talk about voting with there wallets, but that's just a drop in the ocean. The dulfy guides are probably the most viewed Swtor 3rd party content and are something NiM Raiders do for the game, I think there unavailability would certainly highlight the benefits of having NiM Raiders in this game.

Probably impractical but that's likely what it'll take to get even the smallest acknowledgement of our concerns from BW.

Blackmailing and spiteful, immature threats like that isn't exactly the best way to represent the NiM raiders either.. in my opinion at least.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'm kinda surprised the guides haven't been pulled down in protest to be honest, people talk about voting with there wallets, but that's just a drop in the ocean. The dulfy guides are probably the most viewed Swtor 3rd party content and are something NiM Raiders do for the game, I think there unavailability would certainly highlight the benefits of having NiM Raiders in this game.

Probably impractical but that's likely what it'll take to get even the smallest acknowledgement of our concerns from BW.

If I were Dulfy, I would take it down, but since I'm not, it's up to her. At the end of the day I doubt Bioware gives a crap.

• 1 month later...
Hey all!

First up, the link!

This was something I started last year as sort of a hobby mostly aimed at DPS parsing before I decided to expand on it with a wider range of features and functionality. At the start I didn't particularly intend for it to become what it is now and it's just been something that's really grown along the way and it's gotten to the point where I feel comfortable sharing it with the community.

Parsely allows you to upload any type of combat log and displays the contents in an easily viewable format, breaking all of the relevant data into specific categories; damage done and dealt, healing done and received, threat, rotation, ability usage, effects, log view and estimator.

Features

Each specific category display a wide variety of relevant information:

• Overview - shows a general outline of the selected entry; player, start and end times, duration and a basic overview of damage dealt, damage received, healing done and healing received.
  • Damage Dealt - shows a detailed breakdown of damage dealt; an ordered list of all damaging attacks used outlining things such as type, total damage, DPS, average hit/crit, minimum/maximum hit and miss %, broken down further by Main and Off Hand and/or channeled ticks where applicable, damage done to each individual type of target, damage done in rough 30 second intervals and a further breakdown on each ability telling you if you had adrenal or relics up, or if the target was sub 30% (Ops Dummy only).
  • Damage Received - similar to damage done, but outlining damage received instead. Additionally shows your defence and shield percentages, how much damage you absorbed and the ability breakdown shows tanking relics instead of DPS ones.
  • Healing Done - again, similar to damage done, but displays healing done. Shows effective healing as a new column in all relevant tables
  • Healing Received - identical as healing done except displays healing received instead.
  • Threat - displays a breakdown of all threat building abilities
  • Rotation - displays the rotation used in the selected log, including precasts and armor and HP modules used on the Ops Dummy if applicable
  • Ability usage - - breaks down all abilities used in the log and outlines the first and last time they were used as well the the average, minimum and maximum time between usages.
  • Effects - breaks down all logged effects into 3 categories; ones you place on yourself, ones you place on other targets and ones other targets place on you. Displays how many times they were applied, the number of seconds they were applied for and that as a percentage of total combat time.
  • Log view - displays the selected log's raw log file in an easier to read format
  • Estimator - this is still a work in progress but for now by entering your expected crit percentage, i.e. what it reads on your character sheet, the estimator is able to give you the odds of the actual crit percentage is using binomial probability. This can be applied to the entire log to give a rough estimation of how 'lucky' the log was based off expected to actual crit ratios.

In addition to the above, the side menu allow allows you to filter out non boss fights (currently only level 60 bosses are included) and can combine multiple logs into one view (up to an hour's worth).

DPS Leaderboard

Parsely also has the ability to auto detect class and discipline, as well as HP modifier used on the Ops Dummy, and, if the log also includes a 'Death' entry for the Dummy, i.e. is a complete parse, then it automatically creates an entry for the log into the leaderboard based off the above as well as server if it is selected.

The leaderboard can be filtered by class, discipline, HP and server and only displays the highest result per person per server.

Currently there is no Ops leaderboard, DPS or otherwise, although this is definitely not something that has been ruled out. and will be added in the near future!

Issues, questions, requested features?

If you come across anything that doesn't work, whether at all or not as expected, please let me know! My goal is to make this as useful and reliable as possible and feedback definitely goes a long way towards this.

Furthermore, if you have a feature you'd like to see added, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Acknowledgements

I'd like to thank my guild, Zorz, for helping me turn this into what it is, particularly Fascinate, KTap, Yolo and Zejim. I'd like to thank KTap again for coming up with the name. I'd also like to thank Ixale, creator of StarParse, for helping me work out things here and there as well as offering helpful advice along the way

Cheers for everything Marisi!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Marisi,

Once again many thanks for this excellent tool.

Can you please remove the lighting -telekinetics sorcs -sages parses with the glitch of double chain-wave?

To you guys which you use this glitch and especially use it in parses, i hope you understand that you r doing a whole damage to the spec and overall to class , as metrics from BW will appear a lot better for higher end (max dps in single target-boss) than class actually performs. An expansion is coming and metrics count more now, so hope you see it.

Thanks,

Pan

Doesn't sorcs and sages have a passive that procs a double chain ligthning? Or what are you talking about?

There's a bug that turns Chain Lightning into an instant ability by default, meaning you can insta use it on CD, independent of said proc.

Won't explain what triggers this bug, because obvious reasons given above.

• 3 months later...

Hey, don't know if you're still checking on this thread?

It seems, Gunslinger Saboteur / Sharpshooter logs are not registered on Parsely's leaderboard anymore:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/219107

versus

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/gunslinger/all/1500000/all/live/0/

<- Only Dirty Fighting logs there. Maybe Gunslinger speccs aren't recognized properly? (it works for Snipers: http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/sniper/all/1500000/all/live/0/) Could be that actually nobody parsed Sharpshooter (though I doubt that), but I don't believe I'm the only one who parsed Sabotage. Could you check?

Thanks and regards :)

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Hey, don't know if you're still checking on this thread?

It seems, Gunslinger logs are not registered on Parsely's leaderboard anymore:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/219107

versus

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/gunslinger/all/1500000/all/live/0/

<- Only Dirty Fighting logs there. Maybe Gunslinger speccs aren't recognized properly? (it works for Snipers: http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/sniper/all/1500000/all/live/0/) Could be that actually nobody parsed Sharpshooter (though I doubt that), but I don't believe I'm the only one who parsed Sabotage. Could you check?

Thanks and regards :)

Might not hurt to parse sharpshooter yourself and see if it uploads, tbh most groups are imps now anyway and the level of players who gravitate towards parsely are also aware that sharpshooter/marksmanship isn't worth the time of day.

• 3 weeks later...
Could someone please help me with my problem. Ever since I started using Star Parse (4.*) my parses will not show on leader boards for parse dummies. During 4.* I held a top 10 spot on Merc Arsenal and now in 5.* I am holding a top 20 spot (7.9k). My parses upload from Star Parse to Parsley as they show in my personal log page on Parsley.io and are marked as public. I use the armor debuff modifier and a 1.5 Million damage modifier, and as I said they upload to my personal log page(so my login details are correct in Star Parse) I mark them public but they still will never show on the leader board page in Parsley. I also have timezone set to NewYork for EST USA, I have Harbinger set as server and faction and have my guild name typed in, I also tried as Imperial and default as faction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And Marry Christmas and Happy New Years. Oh and I forgot I placed a few tickets to the site via messages just never get info back thanks Edited by Leadplayer

• 1 month later...
Hi there, it seems like data on parsely.io got mixed up a little:

If you select "LIVE" in the dropdown menu, data from 5.0 is shown.

If you chose 5.0, you see data from 4.0.3.

And actual LIVE data is not available as far as I can tell.

Could you maybe check? Or did I mix up sth?

No I have noticed this as well...

I don't know or wish to claim Marisi's status and interest in Parsely/Swtor , but to her or anyone who knows her I do have a query: With the the removal (as I know of) of double instances will another round of archiving and updating the leaderboards occur? Thanks.

Just posting here for Mari as she's currently unsubbed.

"I'll be archiving the bugged stances parses hopefully tonight. If not then, then tomorrow after work. I'll also fix up the labels for the patches as well as some people have noticed since they are misnamed. Additionally, as some people have requested and as the TTK for this tier has dropped dramatically, the default will now become 2.5M."

"I'll be archiving the bugged stances parses hopefully tonight. If not then, then tomorrow after work. I'll also fix up the labels for the patches as well as some people have noticed since they are misnamed. Additionally, as some people have requested and as the TTK for this tier has dropped dramatically, the default will now become 2.5M."

Thanks Mac and cheers to Marisi.

Wow, much appreciated, thank you!! :-)

• 11 months later...
My parse wont work I have turned on pars joined a group its just that my combat files are missing and wont create a new one any solutions?

Did u check your preferences in your SWTOR client?

If not goto Combat Logging and check if "Enable combat logging to file" is ticked.

If it isn't ticked, tick it and restart both your SWTOR client and star parse.

If it is ticked, untick it, restart your SWTOR client, tick it. Restart both your SWTOR client and star parse.

Also check the Log Directory in Star Parse.

File - Settings.

Default it should be your system drive the same location as where you screenprints for your SWTOR client are stored. Most likely C:\Document and Settings\<your windows login name goes here>\Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\CombatLogs unless you changed that to a different location.

If you cannot find them open your SWTOR client and start a fight then close your SWTOR client and search for combat_2018 on your hard drive(s).

Edited by Magsel