Parsely - Online Log Analyzer / Viewer & DPS Leaderboard

From Qa'bumm:

"Some of his previous efforts" you say. Yeah that 1 single parse I did for lulz. You are portraying me like I want to cheat my way to the top of the leaderboards on a regular basis. I am not happy with that. Oh my bad it was two... had to redo my first one cause only one friend was around at the time and also mucked up my rotation, but that is irrelevant.

Hello, the parse with legacy abilities and class buffs was for the lulz, I did not seriously expect it to be eligible. Killed nim pilgrim for the mount mission and and thats where the wild idea came from.

It took some great amount of digging to find even a hint of rules (like page 10 something in this thread) for the leaderboards (I did it after the legacy parse, so up to that point I really had no clue to be honest XD). That's when I learened you cant use grenades, no one else can give you raid buffs, no nim pilgrim buff (although I have no clue how you track that tbh), no legacy abilties.... hopefully I did not miss anything important. I think it would be great if you created a Leaderboard Rules tab so that there is no confusion and everythign is crystall clear (ignore me if I missed the obvious though).

At no point do you mention that a video is required as proof, so naturally I did not bother at all. On top of that I am not in the habit of recording hours and hours and hours and ..... hours of parsing. That jewel right there took a LOT of work, time, money and adrenals.

The reason I only used one adrenal in that parse is because I only realised half way through I was actually out already. So bummer like 2 gcds could have benefited from it at the end.

You are being terribly unfair btw judging my intentions from a legacy parse that I did not even QQ about not appearing on leaderboards. Your website is there to upload parses and analyse them, that's exactly what I used it for.

Also, Nerevar's top parse is on the ridiculous end as well, yet as I skimmed through the thread here you did not demand a recording from him (if I missed it though, then ignore this point).

You do not have a shred of real evidence to challange the parse only your "suspicion" based on one lulzy legacy parse for fun. Replicating this and getting a recording of it too is essentially impossible. It's never going to happen again and after all that work I'm done parsing for a very long time. Especially if legitimate efforts don't get recognised.

Related to this, it would be lovely if you could implement a leaderboard where groups of consecituve parses would need to be uploaded, like 5 or soemthing (and knock out best and worst), I dunno. Cause to be honest, these insane crit parses such as mine don't have much helpful information for others checking out parses. "Oh look AP is top dps now well over 5k!!" When this is in general terms completely false. Groups of parses with more average results is also going to be a great way to look at different rotations and get a sense of how well they do and more easily pin point what is better and what is less ideal, and there is execution too.... I looked at a lot of AP/tactics parses and I just facepalmed how badly a lion's share of them were executed: any top parse with more than 8 basic attacks is garbage from an execution point of view, 10 with old setbonus (I looked at Neravar's top parse too in detail and frankly some things I'm not happy with there either). Right now the goal is who can get the best and most ridiculous crits, which is what I aimed for.

I realise this may take a bit of work, but if the suggested parsing mentality could be adopted starting with 4.0, that would be a great change IMO and a LOT more helpful/informative.

Cheers

P.S: Feel free to dig into the log if u like, here are the stats I parsed with.

99.99% accuracy: 3 acc augs, 5 enhancements

72.48% surge: 0 augs, 4 enhancements

1.% alacrity: 0 augs, 1 enhancement

441 crit: 0 augs, 1 implant and 3 mods

1690 power

4497 aim (missing about 11 aim, 1 192 set bonus XD, I since then swapped back to the alac build so calculated aim manually, might be a few points off)

Tech bonus damage was around 2080 I think

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Qa'bumm:

You do not have a shred of real evidence to challange the parse only your "suspicion" based on one lulzy legacy parse for fun. Replicating this and getting a recording of it too is essentially impossible. It's never going to happen again and after all that work I'm done parsing for a very long time. Especially if legitimate efforts don't get recognised.

Should we draw a moral ?

From Qa'bumm:

I looked at Neravar's top parse too in detail and frankly some things I'm not happy with there either). Right now the goal is who can get the best and most ridiculous crits, which is what I aimed for.

My rotation is perfectly executed, and calculated to be optimal on real fights.

That's all i need to say

I'm not sure, but your post read like this is a service that is here to benefit you and that it's the only reason for existing. Might I remind you that Mari does this for fun. She works on it in her spare time to create something, and luckily, is nice enough to share it with all the rest of us.

So if Mari says something isn't going to fly, it isn't going to fly. She owns it. You can bring up what ever points you like to help make it better, and maybe that is your intention, but from where I sit, and the way you typed that post, you come across as ungrateful and unaware of the privilege (not right) you have to using this system.

Lets try again shall we.

I'm not sure, but your post read like this is a service that is here to benefit you and that it's the only reason for existing. Might I remind you that Mari does this for fun. She works on it in her spare time to create something, and luckily, is nice enough to share it with all the rest of us.

So if Mari says something isn't going to fly, it isn't going to fly. She owns it. You can bring up what ever points you like to help make it better, and maybe that is your intention, but from where I sit, and the way you typed that post, you come across as ungrateful and unaware of the privilege (not right) you have to using this system.

Lets try again shall we.

So civil as always. Don't you realize you're supposed to burn the witch?

From Qa'bumm:

Right now the goal is who can get the best and most ridiculous crits, which is what I aimed for.

Sucks you spent money on trying to get that lucrative 2 weeks before an expansion top parse but you uploaded your log to her site lol sorry its not there. You could use http://torparse.com/ if you really only wanted to analyse your parse. No one cares if it was for the lulz you broke the pretty standard parsing standards (legacy, class buffs, nim pilgrim) and got 5500 with that then expect people to believe you got 5500 again in 1 single parse. a whole 300 - 400 higher than anyone in (PTs) 2nd place and below. And a whole 140 more dps than the top PT who people actually know in the HM/Nim community and has proven he is a top tier player in actual raid scenarios. Okay mate good luck trying to convince us all of that god rng you had ;)

Try again 2 weeks before 5.0 next year and try claim your title again :) PS don't forget to record it! Best of luck :rak_03:

Edited by KraytAssassin

Sucks you spent money on trying to get that lucrative 2 weeks before an expansion top parse but you uploaded your log to her site lol sorry its not there. You could use http://torparse.com/ if you really only wanted to analyse your parse. No one cares if it was for the lulz you broke the pretty standard parsing standards (legacy, class buffs, nim pilgrim) and got 5500 with that then expect people to believe you got 5500 again in 1 single parse. a whole 300 - 400 higher than anyone in (PTs) 2nd place and below. And a whole 140 more dps than the top PT who people actually know in the HM/Nim community and has proven he is a top tier player in actual raid scenarios. Okay mate good luck trying to convince us all of that god rng you had ;)

Try again 2 weeks before 5.0 next year and try claim your title again :) PS don't forget to record it! Best of luck :rak_03:

Torparse still exists???

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, Parsely seems to lose data from parses I uploaded. I reuploaded my Sentinel parse, but then it happened again: It's there on the leaderboards (http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard - El'ethon 150.545) but when I klick to inspect the parse, it says "Nothing to display": http://parsely.io/parser/view/72137/0

Can you check and tell me wether I messed sth up?

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Hey there, Parsely seems to lose data from parses I uploaded. I reuploaded my Sentinel parse, but then it happened again: It's there on the leaderboards (http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard - El'ethon 150.545) but when I klick to inspect the parse, it says "Nothing to display": http://parsely.io/parser/view/72137/0

Can you check and tell me wether I messed sth up?

Nothing wrong with the log or upload, seems to be a cache thing. Either way, works now.

1.5M is now the standard and 2.5 is available for usage.

Nothing wrong with the log or upload, seems to be a cache thing. Either way, works now.

1.5M is now the standard and 2.5 is available for usage.

Is there a way to automatically detect and disqualify dummy parses that use the nightmare consumable? I guess you could just look for the effect in the log, and then trust to more manual verification for suspiciously-high parses that may have edited out the relevant line.

Is there a way to automatically detect and disqualify dummy parses that use the nightmare consumable? I guess you could just look for the effect in the log, and then trust to more manual verification for suspiciously-high parses that may have edited out the relevant line.

Isn't the crystal only usable in an NiM instance? I didn't know you can pop it else where.

Isn't the crystal only usable in an NiM instance? I didn't know you can pop it else where.

Is that the case? That would mollify me a lot on the stupidity of it as a consumable. You would probably still need to auto-detect it though, because there's nothing stopping someone from zoning into a NiM instance, popping the buff and then going to their ship to parse. They can't strip the effect on phasing (could they?!) since a single miss-click or DC would remove the buff from a very expensive consumable.

Is that the case? That would mollify me a lot on the stupidity of it as a consumable. You would probably still need to auto-detect it though, because there's nothing stopping someone from zoning into a NiM instance, popping the buff and then going to their ship to parse. They can't strip the effect on phasing (could they?!) since a single miss-click or DC would remove the buff from a very expensive consumable.

The item says once you zone out of the instance you lose the buff, so I think it's safe to assume it isn't possible to see this on a dummy parse without some crazy exploit of sorts, or if its broken.

Any thoughts on uploaded parses that do not show on the leaderboards or their own class board? I uploaded a parse and had the wrong server assigned to it so i deleted it and re-uploaded it under the correct server and it refuses to show either on the overall leaderboard or class specific listing. Any thoughts? Here is the parse link http://parsely.io/parser/view/71864

Any thoughts on uploaded parses that do not show on the leaderboards or their own class board? I uploaded a parse and had the wrong server assigned to it so i deleted it and re-uploaded it under the correct server and it refuses to show either on the overall leaderboard or class specific listing. Any thoughts? Here is the parse link http://parsely.io/parser/view/71864

The reason for this is intentional but I can either make it so guild/server are editable in the log list or there is no preselected server by default which should reduce the chances of situations like this happening. Depends what would be more useful I guess.

As mentioned the item is only able to be used inside of a nightmare instance and is removed upon zoning out. so it shouldn't be an issue if it works as described. If I'm able to get reliable nightmare detection otherwise, I'll put a little asterisk or something next to entries that use it on the ops board.

The reason for this is intentional but I can either make it so guild/server are editable in the log list or there is no preselected server by default which should reduce the chances of situations like this happening. Depends what would be more useful I guess.

So is there a way to fix it or do i need to do another parse.... :/

There is now the ability to view and compare entries in French and German as well as English. If you're a registered user, you can set this as a default in your profile page, otherwise it can be set on a per-session basis from either page. Currently only log related data is translated to a different language, but I will work on getting the rest of the site done at some point.

So is there a way to fix it or do i need to do another parse.... :/

It's been fixed. :)

• 4 weeks later...