The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AP DPS help

Kyovarde

Ech, no alacrity for me then! Not until I can hit 47 APM. I normally hit around 43 APM so I'm not too far off, but IDK what to do save practice to get more.

Thanks for the help!

Oh and I just looked at this again, something to note is that 47APM assumes a fight of length 3:30 - It will fluctuate depending on length, so just aim for >46APM

Oh and I just looked at this again, something to note is that 47APM assumes a fight of length 3:30 - It will fluctuate depending on length, so just aim for >46APM

Even the sample parse for a PT on Dulfy is only 44.7 APM...how can you get to 47 APM? GCD is 1.5 seconds baseline...that's only 40 APM + off the GCD abilities. So even with 5.36% haste you have a APM cap of 42.1 without using any off the GCD abilities. I just tested this on a dummy and I'm hitting 39.9 APM without using any off the GCD abilities. My Combat Meters is showing me 99.98% activity, which makes me wonder if Alacrity really does affect the GCD.

Even the sample parse for a PT on Dulfy is only 44.7 APM...how can you get to 47 APM? GCD is 1.5 seconds baseline...that's only 40 APM + off the GCD abilities. So even with 5.36% haste you have a APM cap of 42.1 without using any off the GCD abilities. I just tested this on a dummy and I'm hitting 39.9 APM without using any off the GCD abilities. My Combat Meters is showing me 99.98% activity, which makes me wonder if Alacrity really does affect the GCD.

I've been intending on updating the sample parse when torparse was reasonable again - those parses were done on the PTS, back when the ability lag delay was very high (worse than on live). And now that we have an alternative in Parsely (thanks to Marsiri), the update will be out by the end of the week. I've been much closer to 50apm with my VG nowdays anyway.

I've been intending on updating the sample parse when torparse was reasonable again - those parses were done on the PTS, back when the ability lag delay was very high (worse than on live). And now that we have an alternative in Parsely (thanks to Marsiri), the update will be out by the end of the week. I've been much closer to 50apm with my VG nowdays anyway.

When you pop SC do you cycle it in between regular abilties or just spam it all at once?

When you pop SC do you cycle it in between regular abilties or just spam it all at once?

Usually I spam it all at once. Makes for a very quick burst of damage.

It helps that its mapped to a mouse button when all my normal attacks are keyboard buttons.

Anyway, here's the example parse that will be replacing the current AP/Tactics one:

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/deffaf60e75059798a3952d89a7d1ec7/0

Its not perfect, in fact, it has:

95.96% Efficiency HiB

95.26% Efficiency Stockstrike

95.93% Efficiency Cell Burst

95.19% Efficiency Assault Plastique

100% Efficiency means they would be used exactly on cooldown. Despite that, note that the 6.94% alacrity i was using for said parse was decreasing GCDs and Cooldowns, so no chance of a bug there. Though latency made Stockstrike behave very weirdly (yes I would like a 7.3 second cooldown on Stockstrike thank you)

Regardless of that, said parse was a 1-in-20 parse (according to the probability estimator) so to beat it i'd need a more stable internet connection, and enough time to run at least 20 parses.

Anyway, here's the example parse that will be replacing the current AP/Tactics one:

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/deffaf60e75059798a3952d89a7d1ec7/0

95.96% Efficiency HiB

100% Efficiency means they would be used exactly on cooldown. Despite that, note that the 6.94% alacrity i was using for said parse was decreasing GCDs and Cooldowns, so no chance of a bug there. Though latency made Stockstrike behave very weirdly (yes I would like a 7.3 second cooldown on Stockstrike thank you)

Regardless of that, said parse was a 1-in-20 parse (according to the probability estimator) so to beat it i'd need a more stable internet connection, and enough time to run at least 20 parses.

51% crit on high impact bolt... I wish. Actually, all the crit % on your parse are nuts. Sheesh XD

OK so I tried that list of a rotation you posted (had to try it) and ended up overheating around the middle of that third block. Cooldowns were coming off perfectly as stated there, but my DPS was lower for some reason and I hit heat cap very quick even with Liquid Cooling and using TSO on EB or Unload.

Also, your AP PT video is gone on the Dulfy site. Been using that to see and compare as I just can't break that 3.4K or get higher APM.

Mind you, 300 more DPS isn't killer, but I enjoy getting the most out of my class.

Edit - NVM, found the video in my history and now I know why I was overheating. You ramp up the heat to near max and then use Vent Heat and have TSO w/Liquid Cooling to keep stuff low. I'll go back to try again, but 46 APM seems so far away lol. Can't break the 42 :(

Edited by Aienir

95.96% Efficiency HiB

How are you using the estimator to get that probability?

OK so I tried that list of a rotation you posted (had to try it) and ended up overheating around the middle of that third block. Cooldowns were coming off perfectly as stated there, but my DPS was lower for some reason and I hit heat cap very quick even with Liquid Cooling and using TSO on EB or Unload.

Also, your AP PT video is gone on the Dulfy site. Been using that to see and compare as I just can't break that 3.4K or get higher APM.

Mind you, 300 more DPS isn't killer, but I enjoy getting the most out of my class.

Edit - NVM, found the video in my history and now I know why I was overheating. You ramp up the heat to near max and then use Vent Heat and have TSO w/Liquid Cooling to keep stuff low. I'll go back to try again, but 46 APM seems so far away lol. Can't break the 42 :(

How much Alacrity do you have? I'm hitting 43.9 APM with zero alacrity over a 1mil parse. Would translate to about 47.0 with as much Alacrity as Kwerty has, but my DPS is still terrible.

Edit: It's really frustrating to be hitting 3500 DPS (without 5% Aim buff, would be more like 3700 with) in a *********** 4 piece, when I'm doing 4050 on my Gunslinger with full 186s and NO set pieces.

Edited by Kyovarde

How much Alacrity do you have? I'm hitting 43.9 APM with zero alacrity over a 1mil parse. Would translate to about 47.0 with as much Alacrity as Kwerty has, but my DPS is still terrible.

Edit: It's really frustrating to be hitting 3500 DPS (without 5% Aim buff, would be more like 3700 with) in a *********** 4 piece, when I'm doing 4050 on my Gunslinger with full 186s and NO set pieces.

0% Alacrity, no set bonuses, no nothing. Pretty much stock 186 comm gear with enhancements moved around to hit 100% accuracy + 6 power augments + 2 surge augments.