The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT Pyro Stats help

Consular_Bob

Hey all :)

Can I ask what secondary stats I should be looking at as a Pyro PT.

I currently have 0 crit and 0 alacrity. Just stacking power and surge and have accuracy at 110.40%. I am still currently in the old 4 set piece bonus as I am relecutant to swap it out until I have the full new 6 piece and am missing 2 pieces (one of them the belt).

My parse is currently at 4300 in a 192 barrel but I have seen much much higher parses and wondering if I am doing something wrong? Should I have crit?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hey all :)

Can I ask what secondary stats I should be looking at as a Pyro PT.

I currently have 0 crit and 0 alacrity. Just stacking power and surge and have accuracy at 110.40%. I am still currently in the old 4 set piece bonus as I am relecutant to swap it out until I have the full new 6 piece and am missing 2 pieces (one of them the belt).

My parse is currently at 4300 in a 192 barrel but I have seen much much higher parses and wondering if I am doing something wrong? Should I have crit?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Its actually alacrity that you are missing D:

Random Fact: Pyro ia bugged in that the 6-piece doesnt get consumed by immolate but does grant the auto-crit. This means with a slight modification to the opener and ~6% alacrity, you can get 3/4 of your immolates to auto-crit.

Modified Opener:

SCH->IMS->FT->FF->RS->RPS->FB->IML->...

Then, every minute (so every second time Flaming Fist follows Flamethrower), you make sure a flame burst is used immediately before Immolate.

Boom -75% Auto-Crit rate on Immolate.

There are 3 ways you could improve your Alacrity

Option A: Lame method

Swap out half your surge pieces for Alacrity

Option B: Less Lame Method

Do option A, then get 4-8x Alacrity Augments

Option C: My personal method

Anyway, my personal method of getting Alacrity is actually to just stick with the token gear's enhancements (swapping out the head for an eliminators, and having 1 Power/Surge implant and 1 Power/Alacrity one), get a single surge augment, and then get Acc to 100% through augments. I was keeping up with a guy with a lot more 198s than me this way, and on a Vanguard where it isnt bugged while he's on a Powertech and rocking the bugged set bonus. Then he got a 93% Immolate crit rate and I said "Stuff it" and left it there.

Of course, when you do it this way on a PT, you never want any crit. Ever.

Edited by TACeMossie

Hi Tac, your a legend in this forum as always!

So, until I get my full 6 piece, you think I am better sticking with my old 4 peiece or just swap them now? As I am yet to benefit from the 6 piece autocrit on IML (Need 2 more pieces).

Also, from your numbers below, do you think 6-7 alacrity Augments should do the trick? All my mods/enhancements are the unlettered 192's so you think it may be a good idea to stick with them?

Hi Tac, your a legend in this forum as always!

So, until I get my full 6 piece, you think I am better sticking with my old 4 peiece or just swap them now? As I am yet to benefit from the 6 piece autocrit on IML (Need 2 more pieces).

Also, from your numbers below, do you think 6-7 alacrity Augments should do the trick? All my mods/enhancements are the unlettered 192's so you think it may be a good idea to stick with them?

With Pyro, the new 4-piece is a lot better than the old 4-piece (because the resource management is very good), so I'd recommend going 4 new 2 old until you get the 6-piece.

And yeah, go with the alacrity augments if all your mods/enhancements are Adept/Initiative (though I'd still swap those implants for Alacrity ones if possible - or better yet, 2 of the enhancements)

Option C: My personal method

Anyway, my personal method of getting Alacrity is actually to just stick with the token gear's enhancements (swapping out the head for an eliminators, and having 1 Power/Surge implant and 1 Power/Alacrity one), get a single surge augment, and then get Acc to 100% through augments. I was keeping up with a guy with a lot more 198s than me this way, and on a Vanguard where it isnt bugged while he's on a Powertech and rocking the bugged set bonus. Then he got a 93% Immolate crit rate and I said "Stuff it" and left it there.

Of course, when you do it this way on a PT, you never want any crit. Ever.

You say, stick with token enhancements and take zero crit, but token enhancements are crit. So, which is it? :D

PS: How much alacrity do you suggest at the minimum to see a noticeable effect?

Edited by Sindariel

You say, stick with token enhancements and take zero crit, but token enhancements are crit. So, which is it? :D

PS: How much alacrity do you suggest at the minimum to see a noticeable effect?

You notice it immediately, but once you get to about 400 rating you don't truly notice it anymore. Though you dont notice a drop again till 800 rating either.

Also I was still thinking VGs! Stupid faction imbalances... making it impossible to keep up with PTs without legacy-ing my gear across

Edited by TACeMossie