8m HM vs 16m HM - Bulo

I am aware that there are some guilds that have done this on 16m HM.

We are trying to down this boss, but we are getting hit by so much RNG(bugs?) that we cant get it done as of yet. Yesterday we had one tank take 63k dmg over the course of 0.8 seconds. This happened 3 times. Went in with 5 healers to try and compansate for all the massive dmg, but that didnt help. We had 2 healers spamming each tank all the time, but it seems there are no healers in this game that can throw 65k heals in half a global cooldown...

After 3 nights we figuered we could give it a go on 8m HM to see if it was the same there. Took us about 15 minutes before he was dead. And that is also clearing trash.

Seems there might be an issue with balancing... Either 16m hm is working as intended and 8m is not or vise versa...

We did this fight on monday with 3 tanks (2 pt, 1 assa), 9 dps (4 mdps) and 4 healer. the boss has only near twice as much life as in 8 man hm(3,8kk vs. 7kk). so you can bring easy 3 tanks and even 5 heals if you like.

For your situation juggs and assasins are definitly in a good position. Force Shroud and Saber Reflect will negate the dmg from Lifters and Carts to zero. Reflect maybe even negate the dmg of Scatter Blast, but i'm not sur about this on, sry ^^.

For PT the masstaunt reflect, from a dps or your co-pt-tank, may work, also not sur (main assasin and didn't par take with my pt tank in this fight for 16 hm).

i hope it helps. good luck!

Edited by CarlGustaf

We did this fight on monday with 3 tanks (2 pt, 1 assa), 9 dps (4 mdps) and 4 healer. the boss has only near twice as much life as in 8 man hm(3,8kk vs. 7kk). so you can bring easy 3 tanks and even 5 heals if you like.

For your situation juggs and assasins are definitly in a good position. Force Shroud and Saber Reflect will negate the dmg from Lifters and Carts to zero. Reflect maybe even negate the dmg of Scatter Blast, but i'm not sur about this on, sry ^^.

For PT the masstaunt reflect, from a dps or your co-pt-tank, may work, also not sur (main assasin and didn't par take with my pt tank in this fight for 16 hm).

i hope it helps. good luck!

So you had 1 Tank solely for adds?

And yeah, Saber Reflect works on Scatter Blast, not sure about Resilience, but both definetly work for the carts and loadlifters. So let a Sin Tank the whole time with the other tank just taunting now and then for scatter blast and stay away from him if the carts come to him and you'll be fine :)

no that don't really work with the time of the booze (the alcohol ^^, have german client). we rotated. First I picked the thing an killed the first round after the Scatter blast I changed position with an other tank an he prepared to pick up his thing and killed the third wave. Second with mass barrage like always. After the third wave the two PT tanks change position and the second PT took out the adds. next wave of adds we probably took out with massbarrage and the final round was planed to be taken out by me.

Our biggest Problem was, that our MDPS died to standing in cleaves and voids near the boss (they aren't well known to be movement gods ^^)

Edited by CarlGustaf

Our biggest Problem was, that our MDPS died to standing in cleaves and voids near the boss (they aren't well known to be movement gods ^^)

After 3 nights we figuered we could give it a go on 8m HM to see if it was the same there. Took us about 15 minutes before he was dead. And that is also clearing trash.

Seems there might be an issue with balancing... Either 16m hm is working as intended and 8m is not or vise versa...

just saying twinks :rak_01:

Edited by myragoeshappy

Welcome to the new 16m HMs. Wait till you get to Torque next and the med droid gets bugged constantly. But yeah it seems instead of adding new mechanics really from 8m to 16m they just made the damage insane in an already very RNG like fight. There are ways to lessen the RNG damage though and just be thankful the load lifters bug out a lot now. Cause before all three used to go to one person.

Guess the best advice is make sure everyone stays spread out so only one person is hopefully ever getting hit by big hits... don't bring melee dps if you can help it because unfortunately bioware has decided that they should not be part of end game raiding at all if you want to do it the least painful way possible. Take care of pirates as quickly as possible cause they'll eat a healer in seconds. And make sure tanks have specific places to aim the boss and the rest of the raid knows not to cross those zones.

And even if you do everything right you still might have a tank eat a barrel throw, load lifter, and shotgun blast all at the same time. Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.