DX 12 coming SWTOR sitll in the darkages.

tanktest

Lets pretend a hypothetical situation completely NOT In touch with reality. I am the Pres of EA and say, I dont care how much it costs, lets upgrade the SWTOR engine and get it 64 bit AND DX 12!

So, who here really knows what that entails? How much money? 100 million? 250 million?

My assumption is its easier to simply create a new engine and PORT everyone over to the new game rather than rewrite the entire engine from the ground up.

Even if they did rewrite the entire game engine the servers would have to be offline for many hours simply to rewrite every line of code and the likelihood of poorly written code and errors is very high.

You have no idea of how development is done do you?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see what would be so good in DirectX 12. I just don't see it. especially since I don't play shooters and similar games.

I just don't need good looks. I need athmonsphere and story.

You can create both with even not-so-great DirectX versions.

DirectX = "I get everything presented by the processor/screen. No brain activity necessary.

Letters in a book = "I get everythi9ng presented via letters and words. Lots of brain activity necessary."

Next stage is us communicating via icons and pictograms - the favourite communication method used by those living before letters were invented (in fact letters were developed out of pictograms).