Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I figured it out

calypsissmexy

The slots were a pay-2-play unannounced week long event that ended yesterday. That's it.

Hopefully next time they will advertise the event properly.

That's the only explanation that doesn't make me feel ****ed so I'm clinging to it. All this "your item was euthanized for the good of all" crap just highlights a colossal ineptitude on the devs' part and their failure to disable the machines the same day they dropped shows an opportunism that makes me a bit ill. "Oops....wait, leave it for a bit. It will help pack sales."

So I choose to believe the p2p event theory. Headcanon ftw.

Maybe it was indeed another test like the one they did once with the story updates coming from datacubes you got from packs.

Back then the outrage was high and they saw this is something they cannot do.

Now they wanted to find out how far they can go with P2W items. First they checked the outrage about it. Now they compare it with the outrage after the P2W item was removed. I think the answer from the community is very clear on that.

That said, I don't think this item was a P2W item and that only some abusers used it excessively. But these abusers will abuse everything else which is good and nice as well. They are the problem, not the item. The only ones suffering are the players who only want to play and have fun. (For the record: I used all stuff I won from the machine solely for myself. For crafting and for my strongholds. I made zero profit with it.)

Maybe it was indeed another test like the one they did once with the story updates coming from datacubes you got from packs.

Back then the outrage was high and they saw this is something they cannot do.

Now they wanted to find out how far they can go with P2W items. First they checked the outrage about it. Now they compare it with the outrage after the P2W item was removed. I think the answer from the community is very clear on that.

That said, I don't think this item was a P2W item and that only some abusers used it excessively. But these abusers will abuse everything else which is good and nice as well. They are the problem, not the item. The only ones suffering are the players who only want to play and have fun. (For the record: I used all stuff I won from the machine solely for myself. For crafting and for my strongholds. I made zero profit with it.)

Do tell me how clicking a slot machine is abusing. Really ?

Do tell me how clicking a slot machine is abusing. Really ?

It is when I hear people talk about guild banks with 10k jawa junk.

The fact is, mmo player will always take the path of least resistance. So if there is something unbalanced or too easy, people will use it and abuse it until it is nerfed.

Edited by shinkabuto

It is when I hear people talk about guild banks with 10k jawa junk.

The fact is, mmo player will always take the path of least resistance. So if there is something unbalanced or too easy, people will use it and abuse it until it is nerfed.

Abuse is doing the Ravagers exploit for example.

The machine isnt abusing because bioware wanted people to buy more CC to make money and nerfed it to stop the game from exploding. Working as intended by bioware standards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.