Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Changes Coming in Tomorrow's (1/21) Maintenance

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

First, as Tait alluded to we will be having a maintenance tomorrow, on Wednesday the 21st. We didn't have our regular Tuesday maintenance due to the federal holiday here in the states. I wanted to let you know a few of the things coming in tomorrow’s patch:

• Item rarity borders will now show properly
  • No more getting stuck in Blood Hunt if someone dies to Jos or Valk Beroya
  • The Underlurker will no longer rush extremely quickly back to his target after leaping
  • There have been adjustments made to the Contraband Slot Machine (more on this in a second)
  • There is also one other fix, check the final patch notes for more info

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts. This had two effects:

• It had the risk of taking the Grade 11 material costs in the economy, in the long term, to a price below where we would like
  • It created a situation where it could be more profitable to completely ignore crew skills by use of the Slot Machine

With those in mind, we decided to make the following changes, which will be live tomorrow:

• The drop rate on all Jawa scraps, has been greatly reduced
  • The drop rate on Contraband Reputation items, has been increased
  • To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for, we have added a faction specific walker mount as a very rare drop
  • Lastly, we have increased the cost of each Slot Machine coin from 500 to 750 credits. It was always our intent that the coin cost would increase over time as we add more Slot Machines that accept the coin

Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, one of these days you guys might want to send in game email polls, rather then basing decisions on the rants of a vocal minority. What I expect, prepare to see drops in your CM sales, now that people see that it is just a simple bait and switch.

You're assuming the change was made solely because whining on the forums.

What if they made the decision based on metrics they analyzed themselves? :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're assuming the change was made solely because whining on the forums.

What if they made the decision based on metrics they analyzed themselves? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cmon khevar, you know that was why. Because a very small number of people have been making post upon post about it. Heck the forums isnt even a goodmplace to base what the community is feeling. It is a very small sample. I think they should make a ingame poll to get a more accurate sample of where the community is at.

That truly is utterly pathetic. So you've pandered to the whiny little girls on the forum when this has only been a good thing for crafting overall?

Pathetic. Roll on Star Citizen.

Or maybe they realized those *whiny little girls" A) weren't actually whining, B) had a very good point, and C) that they had miscalculated the effect the slot machine would have.

Or you could, you know, just keep dismissing the opinions of everyone who disagrees with you with pointless insults :rolleyes:

Would have been nice to know before I spent $40 on cartel coins to by the latest hypercrate for the slots. The rest of the items were garbage.

Guess we all need to buy coins in bulk or are you changing the coin type and waiting until tomorrow to tell us ...

It's getting really old musco ...

it better be pretty rare to get jawa junk or it will still ruin crewskills and crafting

and that walker mount better be bound or it will pay for all the macroing

Dont worry, havent spent any. I got around 12 stacks that I will make a point to keep the market flooded for some time with cheap mats. My gift to all the people over pricing them.

Or maybe they realized those *whiny little girls" A) weren't actually whining, B) had a very good point, and C) that they had miscalculated the effect the slot machine would have.

Or you could, you know, just keep dismissing the opinions of everyone who disagrees with you with pointless insults :rolleyes:

Heavens forbid such a thing happen here! No one would ever do such a thing!

Edited by Ksilvante

Cmon khevar, you know that was why. Because a very small number of people have been making post upon post about it. Heck the forums isnt even a goodmplace to base what the community is feeling. It is a very small sample. I think they should make a ingame poll to get a more accurate sample of where the community is at.

I disagree. Check out this part of his post explaining one of the reasons for the change:

• It created a situation where it could be more profitable to completely ignore crew skills by use of the Slot Machine

Now for myself, my crew skill use reduced by 99%. From the moment I got a slot machine I kinda sorta stopped running crew missions, other than a small handful of Slicing ones. And I used to run them A LOT.

Now, I'm just one person -- but what if others were the same way? What if across the board, use of crew skills dropped by such a large margin, that it was apparent to whoever set the initial drop rates that they made a mistake?

Edit: I don't regret my slot machine purchase one bit. I fully expected the returns to be nerfed -- they were just too good. So this past weekend I binge-watched Netflix and right-clicked my mouse to the bone.

So my initial investment to purchase the slots has long since been paid back -- I'm a happy camper.

Edited by Khevar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.