Almost ALL CRIT on PowerTech PVP Exhumed gear ????

Shinzzun

So i see almost all the gear on the Exhumed pvp vendor for PowerTech is CRIT (and even some alacrity) as far as i observed crit has vastly diminishing returns..and power and surge is largely preffered.

So is it better to use heal gear with power and surge (whic is for the Merc) and mix and forego the set bonus ?

I dont see the set bonus being that big compared to the stat benefit from mixing gear.

So i see almost all the gear on the Exhumed pvp vendor for PowerTech is CRIT (and even some alacrity) as far as i observed crit has vastly diminishing returns..and power and surge is largely preffered.

So is it better to use heal gear with power and surge (whic is for the Merc) and mix and forego the set bonus ?

I dont see the set bonus being that big compared to the stat benefit from mixing gear.

Again this misconception of crit DR. Crit has low per point return but it's DR (point on the curve where the return is half the initial per point return) is in th elow 1000....

And Mercs needs lot of crit.. PT?? I dunno go on the PT forums.

Again this misconception of crit DR. Crit has low per point return but it's DR (point on the curve where the return is half the initial per point return) is in th elow 1000....

And Mercs needs lot of crit.. PT?? I dunno go on the PT forums.

PvP wise PTs want 0 crit (Pyro) or 144 crit (AP) in revanite gear. But you want the set bonus first. Just use comms to buy mods/enhancements of the power/surge or power/alacrity variety

PvP wise PTs want 0 crit (Pyro) or 144 crit (AP) in revanite gear. But you want the set bonus first. Just use comms to buy mods/enhancements of the power/surge or power/alacrity variety

How do you determinate how much crit you need 'PvP' wise?? You use PvP stat budget and accuracy requirement and simulate/parse for the highest DPS???

EDIT : PvP in Revanite??? Are you mad? You sure love having 900-1100 expertise??? PvP ranked gear is Dark Reaver. 174 gear. Equivalent to Kell Dragon. Going in PvP in Revanite is a death sentance.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

How do you determinate how much crit you need 'PvP' wise?? You use PvP stat budget and accuracy requirement and simulate/parse for the highest DPS???

EDIT : PvP in Revanite??? Are you mad? You sure love having 900-1100 expertise??? PvP ranked gear is Dark Reaver. 174 gear. Equivalent to Kell Dragon. Going in PvP in Revanite is a death sentance.

What we have here is a typo. I obviously meant Dark Reaver, because I get mad when people go into Warzones with Oriconian gear, let alone revanite stuff.

I did it using a TTK calculation - fastest 250k damage dealt, assuming no other sources of debuffs and the overwhelmed debuff being counteracted by AoE Damage reduction, 12.5% average defense chance, 12.5% additional damage reduction (both of those for Defensive Cooldown simulation) and no AoE fluff.

Assumes 6k Base Armor.

The original calculation was a typical DPS calculation, but it kept saying you have to use 7 alacrity pieces + 3 surge pieces.

Anyway, this thread is in the wrong place. It should have been here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=428

Edited by TACeMossie

What we have here is a typo. I obviously meant Dark Reaver, because I get mad when people go into Warzones with Oriconian gear, let alone revanite stuff.

I did it using a TTK calculation - fastest 250k damage dealt, assuming no other sources of debuffs and the overwhelmed debuff being counteracted by AoE Damage reduction, 12.5% average defense chance, 12.5% additional damage reduction (both of those for Defensive Cooldown simulation) and no AoE fluff.

Assumes 6k Base Armor.

The original calculation was a typical DPS calculation, but it kept saying you have to use 7 alacrity pieces + 3 surge pieces.

Anyway, this thread is in the wrong place. It should have been here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=428

250k??? I guess you took a number that large to normalize relics and OCDs???

I would probably have gone with 50k damage done with and without any OCD and by changing the number of pre fights stacks.... Each done a few hundreds time to normalize relics. But I guess your methode is better if you don,t have a full program for your spec to simulate DPS output ready (and damn are they hard to build.. I'm building one in VBA for Rage since it's probably the easiest spec ever, IO having way too much stuff to keep track... I haven't even started the VBA itself.. I'm building all the infrastructures and referances... Ugh)

250k??? I guess you took a number that large to normalize relics and OCDs???

I would probably have gone with 50k damage done with and without any OCD and by changing the number of pre fights stacks.... Each done a few hundreds time to normalize relics. But I guess your methode is better if you don,t have a full program for your spec to simulate DPS output ready (and damn are they hard to build.. I'm building one in VBA for Rage since it's probably the easiest spec ever, IO having way too much stuff to keep track... I haven't even started the VBA itself.. I'm building all the infrastructures and referances... Ugh)

250k was to simulate a 4v4 arena situation with things like the medpack + warzone adrenal and whatnot, as well as a pocket healer + tank. Your burst means that at least 1 thing is gonna get globalled though