The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The most powerful Soldier

raandomname

So there have been debates about which force user and lightsaber duelist is the most powerful. But what about the common soldiers that, although often overshadowed by the power of the force users, fight most of the galaxy's battles and who spill their blood, sweat and tears to obey the orders of those who command them for money, honor, freedom, order or whatever other reason. Which of these soldiers is most powerful? The aim of this thread will be to create 3 rankings of the ten most powerful soldiers. The first ranking will be about the most powerful individual named soldier, the second about the most powerful standard infantry force and the third about the most powerful elite infantry force. May the debate commerce!

Rules:

1. EU canon and no Clone Wars or Rebels, because I feel that the portrayel of certain soldiers (clone troopers, stormtroopers) in these shows is less accurate then in other EU sources

2. Be nice

Edited by raandomname

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also examine Republic Special Forces, and Infiltrator branch of Rebel Spec Force, or even SpecOps (Kyle Katarn before being a jedi was Specops.) all in all its kind of hard to call to me.

Before he was Rebel Specops, Kyle Katarn was also a Storm Trooper. :p There be many reasons he was so adept with so many different weapons... :d_grin:

Though, should we be including the Elite branches? Or is this meant for the basic?

Before he was Rebel Specops, Kyle Katarn was also a Storm Trooper. :p There be many reasons he was so adept with so many different weapons... :d_grin:

Though, should we be including the Elite branches? Or is this meant for the basic?

How about we do a ranking for both elite and basic?

I want to say clones were the best, I mean they are all physically identical to a certified ****** so their base potential is high and they are literally trained from birth to be soldiers (granted, it only takes like 7 years for them to reach maturity. But that is still 7 years dedicated to training to become a soldier and while still getting to be in the prime of your life when you join battle). But then you watch The Clone Wars and see them die in droves to whatever the threat of the day is and struggle against an army that is explicitly mostly made up of these guys.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B1_battle_droid

Pash Cracken's commandos come to mind. Ya know the commandos who lead the assault on Borleas the first time they took the system(not the vong war). Mandalorian Supercommandos also come to mind as an elite force.

And if you like the books, the Hand of justice who worked with Mira Jade back when she was an Emperor's hand were quite good.

But if you want my ultimate decision. Clone wars Delta Squad. None better. And runner up goes to Wraith Squadron.

Edited by TalonVII

Is Jango Fett "counted" as a soldier, even though he's a mercenary? After all, he does fight for something bigger than money, especially in "the end". He's so rich after the clone-protect that he could retire any time, but he fights for something he believes in so I guess he's a soldier?

If yes I guess most people will agree on that he's probably the greatest non-force user combatant at all times. It's not like most not-force users have a chance to kill Jedi or Dark Jedi, even fighting against Obi-Wan and actually almost killing him. He also did kill a Jedi before Windu got him on Genosis, which was an impressive feat.

*Also, he wasn't selected for the clone-program because of mediocre genes*

Is Jango Fett "counted" as a soldier, even though he's a mercenary? After all, he does fight for something bigger than money, especially in "the end". He's so rich after the clone-protect that he could retire any time, but he fights for something he believes in so I guess he's a soldier?

If yes I guess most people will agree on that he's probably the greatest non-force user combatant at all times. It's not like most not-force users have a chance to kill Jedi or Dark Jedi, even fighting against Obi-Wan and actually almost killing him. He also did kill a Jedi before Windu got him on Genosis, which was an impressive feat.

*Also, he wasn't selected for the clone-program because of mediocre genes*

Reread the OP, this is about the average ability of the soldiers in an organizations armed forces, not individuals.

Also, Jango Fett is garbage compared to the BH player character. Killing the battlemaster of the jedi order>>>>>anything he ever did.

Reread the OP, this is about the average ability of the soldiers in an organizations armed forces, not individuals.

Also, Jango Fett is garbage compared to the BH player character. Killing the battlemaster of the jedi order>>>>>anything he ever did.

You should read what Bobba did. Made Jango look like he's operating out of his league, and even the BH.

Faced Vader with a Lightsaber and lived. Completely took out a Storm Trooper Battalion in their own stronghold, SOLO and walked away.

Bobba >>>>> outdoes BH. Lame how he's taken down by Solo.

You should read what Bobba did. Made Jango look like he's operating out of his league, and even the BH.

Faced Vader with a Lightsaber and lived. Completely took out a Storm Trooper Battalion in their own stronghold, SOLO and walked away.

What, was this in a comic? Because I've noticed that a lot of stupid **** like this was in comics. Of course, The Clone Wars TV series then came along and had stuff like Cad Bane randomly pull out a lightsaber that one time and saber fight two jedi masters despite never displaying that kind of melee combat skill before or afterwards. At least that Vizla guy leading the Deathwatch pulled out the lightsaber he had all the time so that it seemed like something he actually practiced with and knew how to use instead of being randomly pulled out to say 'look how cool this guy is, he can lightsaber fight jedi even though he almost never touches a lightsaber'.

Edit: Ah, I went back and watched that fight and apparently Cad Bane didn't really do that well with the lightsaber. Don't know why I remembered him doing well with it. He got disarmed in like 2 seconds.

Edited by dcaleb

What, was this in a comic? Because I've noticed that a lot of stupid **** like this was in comics. Of course, The Clone Wars TV series then came along and had stuff like Cad Bane randomly pull out a lightsaber that one time and saber fight two jedi masters despite never displaying that kind of melee combat skill before or afterwards. At least that Vizla guy leading the Deathwatch pulled out the lightsaber he had all the time so that it seemed like something he actually practiced with and knew how to use instead of being randomly pulled out to say 'look how cool this guy is, he can lightsaber fight jedi even though he almost never touches a lightsaber'.

Edit: Ah, I went back and watched that fight and apparently Cad Bane didn't really do that well with the lightsaber. Don't know why I remembered him doing well with it. He got disarmed in like 2 seconds.

I said he lived. I never said he fought well or dominated. He managed to live by the skin of his teeth and I believe it was a comic. Again Boba Fett barely survived, but he did face vader and live.

Mandalorians of the NJO era (Mando Cabure)

"Mandalorians succeeded in driving the Yuuzhan Vong from their world, becoming the only people of the galaxy to defeat the invaders on their own."

And freed at least 2 other planets as well.

Oh, and they saved the New Republic/GA's butt several times in the process including at Caluula, during which their reputation as warriors sent the Vong into a rage some even killing their own for a chance to kill a Mandalorian.

They did that, btw, without widespread Beskar armor.

As good as any of the Mandalorian soldiers of any era were, the Mandalorians of the NJO era did what no other military force in the galaxy could manage with inferior resources and manpower.

I'd also like to put the Mando Ori'ramikade up for somewhere on the list of elite units. Either the iteration that killed numerous Jedi and fought to the death at Battle of Galidraan or Boba's iteration that slew Vong and fought the GA with the likes of Mirta Gev and Goran Beviin in its ranks.

I'd also nominate the Null ARCS as the top elite unit. Trigger happy geniuses bred for war with Mandalorian training... yeah nothing about that screams elite :p

He beat Jaina Solo with a saber. Repeatedly, and easily, as an old man.

Note: Jaina Solo "Sword of the Jedi"

Also note: Boba had about a dozen chances to kill Han after the Sarlacc thing...

Edited by StarSquirrel

Jango Fett killed 5 jedi with his bare hands.

And from my understanding everything the BH character does in the story he does with his companion so it was more a "team effort" than just the BH rolfstomping. So Jango > BH player character.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Wolf disagrees:
1. Boba NEVER fought Vader using a lightsaber, that was an N-canon comic even in the old EU and even then, Boba hardly did anything with it.

2. I'm gonna ask for a source in where he took down an entire battalion of Stormtroopers solo. Because if the instance that I'm thinking he is referring to, he took out a squad of 11 Stormtroopers who were lined up and he blew up a grenade on a backwall, creating a mass explosion that killed them. It wasn't a battalion.