• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beniboybling

• cs_zoltan

• Aurbere

• tunewalker

Don't try to claim I'm making an argument that I'm not. That's referred to as a strawman and that's not something I tolerate in debate. Poor show Zoltan. Except they aren't the same and it isn't inefficient if it takes him no effort to use. We see no form of strain from Valkorion. We see no evidence that he's tiring using such technique. So why wouldn't he use it in place of a lightsaber? It requires much less skill to use as all it takes is for him to raise his hand. I would argue and say it's more efficient than using a lightsaber. Also it was Sidious who said a true Sith who has achieved sufficient power should no longer have need of a lightsaber and should be capable of fighting just using the force.

Sidious exemplified that by being powerful enough most couldn't withstand his lightning except the very top tier Jedi (Luke, Yoda, and Windu.) Valkorion's technique actually does just that. It's a move he can use to casually deflect lightsaber strikes while showing no sign of wearing him down. Does it make him better than the likes of Luke and Sidious? No but that was not the only evidence I used to place him above ROTS Sidious. I never claimed he was stronger than DE Sidious.

How is this better than RotS Sidious when it's not even better than pre-prime Galen?

No offense but if the Lightning is involved in this it's pretty much already been proved inferior to RotS Sidious' over the past few pages.

I'll get to that later but we're stuck on he "barrier." Lol

How is this better than RotS Sidious when it's not even better than pre-prime Galen?

I wasn't aware pre-prime Galen could create energy capable of withstanding the physical assault of a lightsaber and he need only raise his hand to block a lightsaber attack. Last I checked Pre-prime galen had to overpower someone (which is impressive) in order to block it via preventing the person from striking him. See, where you're stuck is that the end result is the same. The person being unable to strike. One, however, is the person using telekinesis to 'hold' the target in place as to prevent the target from swinging. The other on the other hand is creating a manifestation of the force that acts as a shield.

Pre-prime Galen for the most part still needs a lightsaber to defend himself. Valkorion is so powerful he doesn't. Marek's requires the person to be completely beneath him or to catch them off guard. Valkorion's is a casual ability he can use whenever he feels like it. There's a big difference between the two.

Edited by Rhyltran

But how can we say that's version of Force Barrier? Both the Sorc and Sage can use it and the Sorc's is purple while the Sage's is white, therefore how do we know it's Force Barrier? Unless it's a altered Barrier, like his altered Essence Transfer? Damn it Bioware, stop making ambiguous Force powers! :mad:

And why does Arcann get a golden one?! :mad:

Also the reason why Valky might not have used his lightsaber is because he didn't have it with him in the Throne Room.

Probably because of this technique. He doesn't need one. He didn't have one on him in the trailer either. He probably subscribes to Sidious philosophy. If you become strong enough you don't need a lightsaber.

Pre-prime Galen for the most part still needs a lightsaber to defend himself. Valkorion is so powerful he doesn't. Marek's requires the person to be completely beneath him or to catch them off guard. Valkorion's is a casual ability he can use whenever he feels like it. There's a big difference between the two.

What? How do you catch someone off-guard when they are striking at you?

Also I missed the memo that Arcann = Valky.

Probably because of this technique. He doesn't need one. He didn't have one on him in the trailer either. He probably subscribes to Sidious philosophy. If you become strong enough you don't need a lightsaber.

Bioware really are trying to one-up everything in Star Wars aren't they? Honestly I'm starting to feel that they should have their own pocket universe considering Bioware has made them so inexplicably OP.

Bioware really are trying to one-up everything in Star Wars aren't they? Honestly I'm starting to feel that they should have their own pocket universe considering Bioware has made them so inexplicably OP.

And people are whining about Starkiller being OP :rolleyes:

What? How do you catch someone off-guard when they are striking at you?

Also I missed the memo that Arcann = Valky.

Never claimed or insinuated this. Of course you know that. You're just being pedantic. As for your question above? If the person is being strained and thinks they can get a blow in and put everything in their physical attack but in doing so let down their force defenses because they believe they'll connect (such as is the case where Galen narrowly avoided being struck down) if a sudden force attack was used on them would they not be caught off guard? You can get caught off guard quite a bit even if you're in mid swing. If your opponent feints and you go in and it turns out you were lured in I can assure that you will feel very caught off guard when your opponent's counter is coming for you.

And people are whining about Starkiller being OP :rolleyes:

The problem is I like Starkiller and have defended him in these threads before. I dislike valkorion and his entire family. How strong they are is stupid but that doesn't mean I'm going to underplay it. No, it's really dumb but it's there. :(

Edited by Rhyltran

Never claimed or insinuated this. Of course you know that. You're just being pedantic.

Yeah you did. You said Marek requires the person to be completely beneath him. You are either making a poor argument or claim that Arcann is not completely beneath Valky.

You choose which one.

The problem is I like Starkiller and have defended him in these threads before. I dislike valkorion and his entire family. How strong they are is stupid but that doesn't mean I'm going to underplay it. No, it's really dumb but it's there. :(

Honestly I think the fact that they're so OP kinda ruins the experience for me.

I've got a feeling that at the end of KotFE it will turn out that the Eternal Family are actually the Ones. :D

I still have a feeling when this is all over Valkorion will be disqualified from this list. Why? I'm starting to think he was a force entity and even the "pure blood" that was mentioned in the past as his 'original' form was also taken over. I'm very suspicious that Valkorion was ever a mortal.

Yeah you did. You said Marek requires the person to be completely beneath him. You are either making a poor argument or claim that Arcann is not completely beneath Valky.

You choose which one.

Or maybe he isn't doing the same thing as Marek because it's a completely different technique which I've been saying this whole time? It could be that.

Honestly I think the fact that they're so OP kinda ruins the experience for me.

Same to be honest.

Edited by Rhyltran

I still have a feeling when this is all over Valkorion will be disqualified from this list. Why? I'm starting to think he was a force entity and even the "pure blood" that was mentioned in the past as his 'original' form was also taken over. I'm very suspicious that Valkorion was ever a mortal.

I hope he is banned, even atm it's ridiculous. I went into a rage after Arcann said Vaylin hasn't reached her full potential.

I hope he is banned, even atm it's ridiculous. I went into a rage after Arcann said Vaylin hasn't reached her full potential.

Yeah, when I was playing KotFE I was thinking of two things.

1. Every feat I saw I was thinking "man this will get wanked so hard".

2. This is only the beginning for KotFE, inb4 Arcann > Luke.

Yeah, when I was playing KotFE I was thinking of two things.

1. Every feat I saw I was thinking "man this will get wanked so hard".

2. This is only the beginning for KotFE, inb4 Arcann > Luke.

If Arcann turns out to be so strong we're comparing him to Luke I'm so done.

Yeah, did you catch my edit? :p I completely agree with you there.

Yeah I missed that lol. While we're all talking kind of off-topic, what's happening to the dueling thread? I liked reading through them.:(

Also there's a distinct lack of Aubere and Selenial in this thread....

Or maybe he isn't doing the same thing as Marek because it's a completely different technique which I've been saying this whole time? It could be that.

And you've been wrong the whole time. You still ignore that Barrier = TK.

Or that Galen - Shaak Ti <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Valky - Arcann.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Yeah I missed that lol. While we're all talking kind of off-topic, what's happening to the dueling thread? I liked reading through them.:(

Also there's a distinct lack of Aubere and Selenial in this thread....

Aurbere claims he's too busy lately. Selenial? I don't know. Playing KOTFE? I'm unsure.

And you've been wrong the whole time. You still ignore that Barrier = TK.

Or that Galen - Shaak Ti <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Valky - Arcann.

Except it isn't. One is Galen literally preventing the person from striking him via grabbing ahold of them with the force (Like the inquisitor did to Thanaton) the other is a quite literal "force field" like effect that blocks attacks. There's a difference.

Edited by Rhyltran

Except it isn't. One is Galen literally preventing the person from striking him via grabbing ahold of them with the force (Like the inquisitor did to Thanaton) the other is a quite literal "force field" like effect that blocks attacks. There's a difference.

Galen stopped the lightsaber with TK, Valky stopped the lightsaber with TK. Looks the same to me.