• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beniboybling

• cs_zoltan

• Aurbere

• tunewalker

Revan isn't a candidate, lol.

Edit: Oh, and Yoda's more powerful than Revan canonically. To quote: I accept your concession.

I never denied Yoda's superiority over Revan overall, lmfao failure.

EDIT: You should probably make Revan a candidate if you have Jacen in there.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

As far as I can tell you have several things in the wrong catagories. Caedus's ability to put others to sleep I would call Alter... as he is ALTERING some one ELSES physical state. Same with Yoda's Mental Influences. Senseing a persons thoughts and his surroundings as ell as looking into the future, those are his sense strengths, the other ones you have listed are Alter powers.

Control: This I give to Yoda, though Vitiate and Caedus come close behind for me, the winner between those 2 seems to hard for me to call.

Sense: considering I dont ACTUALLY see any Yoda feats here, I am giving it thus far to Caedus for this one.

Alter: This is the one that's harder to Judge, Its really just a lot of really powerful people here.... As I HONESTLY do not feel comfortable giving any the edge here I am leaving it at that.

All-in-all having looked at my own assessment, the lack of ANY Sense feats on Yoda's part, in feats alone, I have to give this to Caedus as he won 1 catagory and Tied for second or first in the other 2.

Edited by tunewalker

Outdated. You forgot to mention Vitiate killed "many" of Darth Marr's entire army in only like a couple seconds.

Also, you said Caedus punching through Vong with lightning was an achievement, it wasn't. Vong were resistant to all force powers bar lightning, they were incredibly susceptible to it.

As far as I can tell you have several things in the wrong catagories. Caedus's ability to put others to sleep I would call Alter... as he is ALTERING some one ELSES physical state. Same with Yoda's Mental Influences. Senseing a persons thoughts and his surroundings as ell as looking into the future, those are his sense strengths.

Control: This I give to Yoda, though Vitiate and Caedus come close behind for me, the winner between those 2 seems to hard for me to call.

Sense: considering I dont ACTUALLY see any Yoda feats here, I am giving it thus far to Caedus for this one.

Alter: This is the one that's harder to Judge, Its really just a lot of really powerful people here.... As I HONESTLY do not feel comfortable giving any the edge here I am leaving it at that.

All-in-all having looked at my own assessment, the lack of ANY Sense feats on Yoda's part, in feats alone, I have to give this to Caedus as he won 1 catagory and Tied for second or first in the other 2.

Really? No Sense feats? Do I need to link quotes or something? :rolleyes:

Really? No Sense feats? Do I need to link quotes or something? :rolleyes:

It would be nice... they werent listed in Beni's comparison. I deal ONLY in the info provided :p. The only thing listed there was Mental influence and mind tricks... which are alter not sense.

Edited by tunewalker

It would be nice... they werent listed in Beni's comparison. I deal ONLY in the info provided :p. The only thing listed there was Mental influence and mind tricks... which are alter not sense.

Those abilities lie in Control, Sense, and Alter. Not one or the other.

Those abilities lie in Control, Sense, and Alter. Not one or the other.

Yes, but the "power" behind the technique lies in the Alter portion, not so much the sense or control. So to me they are automatically more "alter" power then anything else. He has sense feats, beni just didnt list any truly good Sense feats from Yoda, as such my thoughts based on info provided are that. If full info provided I would probably have Yoda win pretty handedly, unfortunately all the info wasnt provided.

Outdated. You forgot to mention Vitiate killed "many" of Darth Marr's entire army in only like a couple seconds.
Care to expand? I don't recall.

EDIT: OK I assume your referring to this:

"We suffered many casualties upon the Emperor's return..."

From (Darth Marr, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan)

An impressive feat, but vague. Requires further discussion, and we need to account for the fact he was in spirit form.

Edited by Beniboybling

Yes, but the "power" behind the technique lies in the Alter portion, not so much the sense or control. So to me they are automatically more "alter" power then anything else. He has sense feats, beni just didnt list any truly good Sense feats from Yoda, as such my thoughts based on info provided are that. If full info provided I would probably have Yoda win pretty handedly, unfortunately all the info wasnt provided.

The ability to enter the minds of others is a Sense feat.

And, yes, Mind Trick is an Alter ability.

An impressive feat, but vague. Requires further discussion, and we need to account for the fact he was in spirit form.

Yeah, it's a vague quote. "Many" is a vague term.

I'm guessing the source of the power was the big flash of light originating at the site of the final Revan battle, is that correct?

Indeed, Marr notes that since he was in spirit form, he was even weaker. He then notes that if Vitiate would have been fully resurrected, that the casualties would have been practically insane.

As far as I can tell you have several things in the wrong catagories. Caedus's ability to put others to sleep I would call Alter... as he is ALTERING some one ELSES physical state. Same with Yoda's Mental Influences. Senseing a persons thoughts and his surroundings as ell as looking into the future, those are his sense strengths, the other ones you have listed are Alter powers.

Caedus' ability to put others to sleep? Not sure what your referring to, its not in the comparison.

But you are correct concerning Yoda, edited that.

Indeed, Marr notes that since he was in spirit form, he was even weaker. He then notes that if Vitiate would have been fully resurrected, that the casualties would have been practically insane.

I'm not entirely sure Marr's speculation is exactly valid.

No I believe what he notes is that if the Sith Emperor had been able to absorb more living Force, he would have been at full strength, but still in spirit form. This is of course working on the assumption that the Sith Emperor lacks a body, but it seems to me that it was his essence that emerged from the Temple going who knows where.

The point being that lore repeatedly demonstrates that spirits have a unique and enhanced connection to the Force.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.