GSF medals bug

msummersea

So I have noticed something odd going on. It appears that I am only getting about 50% of the medals that I should. I generally find myself in the top fifth of the leaderboard at the end, but get far fewer medals than those around me, even when I complete the requirements for a medal.

For example: in my last match, I had 22K damage. I received a medal for 10K damage. The guy next to me on the leaderboard had about the same damage, but he got a medal for 10K damage and a medal for 20K damage. I did not receive a medal for 20K damage. Also we both had 4 kills. He got two medals from that (2 kills and 4 kills), and I only got the 2 kill medal. I find also that it is pretty frequent that I will have 4-5 assists, but only get the "4 assists" medal about half of the time in that condition.

Is there something else going on, or am I being robbed? Are some kills actually not kills? Is some damage actually not damage that counts towards the medal? I've submitted a ticket but would like to know if anyone else has seen this or experienced this or may know what is going on.

So I have noticed something odd going on. It appears that I am only getting about 50% of the medals that I should. I generally find myself in the top fifth of the leaderboard at the end, but get far fewer medals than those around me, even when I complete the requirements for a medal.

For example: in my last match, I had 22K damage. I received a medal for 10K damage. The guy next to me on the leaderboard had about the same damage, but he got a medal for 10K damage and a medal for 20K damage. I did not receive a medal for 20K damage. Also we both had 4 kills. He got two medals from that (2 kills and 4 kills), and I only got the 2 kill medal. I find also that it is pretty frequent that I will have 4-5 assists, but only get the "4 assists" medal about half of the time in that condition.

Is there something else going on, or am I being robbed? Are some kills actually not kills? Is some damage actually not damage that counts towards the medal? I've submitted a ticket but would like to know if anyone else has seen this or experienced this or may know what is going on.

If you are switching ships the "medals" reset.

Just to clarify a little bit.

The medals themselves don't reset (you can't lose a medal once you've earned it) but the stats that cause you to receive each medal are independently counted for each ship you fly. However, you can still only receive any specific medal once.

So if you fly two ships and deal 10k damage with each, you would get a medal for dealing 10k damage on the first ship, but since you already received that medal, you won't receive it again for the second ship.

^^^ this

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure this out. As long as you remain in the same ship, you shouldn't "miss out" on any medals. But as soon as you swap to something else, you're starting from scratch as far as medals are concerned.

So if you are indeed remaining in the same ship, then this is clearly bug report material. Otherwise, working as intended, more or less.

EDIT: ninja'd by Nemarus, who explained it better than I did.

Edited by MaximilianPower

(...)So if you fly two ships and deal 10k damage with each, you would get a medal for dealing 10k damage on the first ship, but since you already received that medal, you won't receive it again for the second ship.

Actually, you will get the message about getting the medal second time, though it won't be taken into account at the match end.

Does each ship get requisition when earning a medal or only the first one that earns a specific medal?

Requisition is not earned from medals. They are earned from kills, assists and Objective points, winning the battle and time... as all of that is recorded on every ship (time played, kills assists and objective points) the requisition you gain on each ship is perfectly related to what you did on the ship.... So getting 4 assists, and 4 kills but not getting to that 5th for the medal doesnt hurt you... going up and above the medal counts kills, assist or Objective point count... also does not hurt as the medal is irrelevant to the requisition you earn. :D

Edited by tunewalker