Anybody else out there?

Sarfux

Playing "properly" is a matter of opinion. For you, it may mean "doing the story." For some, it may mean BiS gear everywhere. For others, it may mean 250 million creds. If someone is having fun, then they are playing the game "properly' (assuming they are not violating any rules).

That's not what this thread is about. I'm asking if there are other people who play like the way I stated. Doesn't mean it's better, doesn't mean it's more fun. We aren't talking about what is fun and what is not for other people. Please don't try and antagonise a defensive response from people in a fun curious thread and at least try and stay on topic. Thanks!

Edited by Sarfux

SWTOR is probably the only MMO I've ever played where I haven't been obsessed with grinding / hitting max level. My highest char is 40. I keep starting new ones and exploring.

I have a few issues with the game, but in general, I believe BioWare did a great job on quests, voice acting, and scenery. These all add to immersion.

Gonna be honest, I'm playing mostly for the story, gear customisation and opportunity to interact with other players. If I wanted immersion or excitement, I'd play something with a slightly more 'realistic' combat system and a more open world (such as Assassin's Creed or the Arkham games).

The fact is, OP, that whether you admit to it or not, your post contains the subtle accusation that your way of enjoying the game is somehow better than others; that my way of playing is NOT "relaxing", that I am pessimistic, that I cannot chill out.

Whoa...that's not at all what he said...he was just reaching out for like minded players, not attempting to insult anyone. If anything, he was explaining WHY he enjoys what he does.

I don't play like Sarfux does - I enjoy the group content far too much to ever not be looking for it (PvP or Ops/FPs)...but I absolutely respect those who are playing for the experience (not XP). I hope they enjoy the game as much as I do.

When I played through the game and all content the first time, I never spacebar. But i've been at this a long time and I run or ran content with multiple toons, so I definitely spacebar it now. It's not Rocky 4 or Man on fire, I can't watch it 100 times.