An in-depth look at combat: Yoda

Aurbere

10:01... Ya Force lightning... oh wait he has a saber... Oh no my only weakness, weapons.... That, every one has. :p

It takes a certain amount of awesomeness to deflect lightning with your lightsaber, especially when they shoot a lot of it at you at once.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/snip wall of text of further moved goal posts and furtherance logical inconsistencies

I didn't know using logic and pointing out clear and utterly obvious contradictions was "nit picking". The last time I checked that was actually one of the was one of the main tools of debate. So yeah...I guess be prepared to see me doing a lot of not picking because that is how I debate. Regardless of the wall of text you posted you failed to address in any logical fashion the errors I raised in your arguments...simply saying " nit pick" and repeating the same deconstructed nonsense (for the most part)

So further debate really is useless because a debate founded in logic is simply not possible with you. Your responses are little more than amorphous masses with no internal logic that flow with a veneer of knowledge to make it shiny so as to justify whatever view you have atm and simply ignore or minimize anything "inconvenient" enough to prove this this to me the case. Essentially 5 paragraphs that amount to "UH UH!!!!!!! I know you are but what am I?"

So I am happy to end the derail simply to spare myself.

I didn't get one. The last one I got was on Tuesday. :(

It was basically asking if we can do Windu last, seeing as he's pretty overrated as it is, and I'd like to do some lesser known but still powerful masters who might have a shot at the REAL Most Powerful series...

It was basically asking if we can do Windu last, seeing as he's pretty overrated as it is, and I'd like to do some lesser known but still powerful masters who might have a shot at the REAL Most Powerful series...

Oh sure, no problem. I was planning on doing him last anyway.

Did you also send me a list of the Jedi you'll be doing? I might expand my list, so I'd like to know.

Before I do my next thread, I need to add some things to my Dooku thread first. I'll be sure to bump it once I get them added in.

To bring us back to Yoda, what do we think about Dark Yoda? I'm not referring to the Gollum-esque creature in TCW, but what would happen to Yoda if he turned to the Dark Side. In Dark Rendezvous Dooku speculates that Yoda would have the power to annihilate Darth Sidious if he turned to the Dark Side. Could that be possible? Or is Dooku mistaken?

Discuss! :D

I think it kinda highlights what I was saying earlier, that battle is all about Yoda accepting his dark side as something that exists, as opposed to rejecting it completely. Not really sure what would happen if he went DS to be honest.

I think it kinda highlights what I was saying earlier, that battle is all about Yoda accepting his dark side as something that exists, as opposed to rejecting it completely. Not really sure what would happen if he went DS to be honest.

The TCW fight or the Dark Rendezvous fight?

Thank goodness you both decided to stop. But the attitude is unnecessary, regardless of whether or not you actually stop.

Sir I am kinda old school. I give as is given to me. If the other person is speaking in a reasoned, logically consistent and polite fashion I return their coutesy. If I am given attitude, or am confronted by the same illogical arguments I feel no need to take the high road and be more courteous to them than they are to me.

Also do you not think it odd that someone who expressed an end to a derail would then bait someone saying "oh they conceded" when clearly that is not the case?

Edited by Ghisallo

Sir I am kinda old school. I give as is given to me. If the other person is speaking in a reasoned, logically consistent and polite fashion I return their coutesy. If I am given attitude, or am confronted by the same illogical arguments I feel no need to take the high road and be more courteous to them than they are to me.

Also do you not think it odd that someone who expressed an end to a derail would then bait someone saying "oh they conceded" when clearly that is not the case?

Well, that's the way you choose to conduct yourself, but I feel that I should take the high road whenever possible. Regardless, the attitude is unnecessary. From either side.

The TCW fight, though the Dark Rendezvous thing was Dooku jabbing at the flaws in the Jedi Order, and I do believe what he said was in many ways correct.

I'd have to disagree.

While yes Yoda was accepting that he had a darkness within him, he was also fighting it. Dark!Yoda remarks at how he had been building in Yoda as the war progressed, hinting he had abandoned his principles. And yes at the end I believe Yoda accepted the darkness would always be there, he was definitely rejecting it at the same time, he never accepted it as something he would ever allow to grow.

The TCW fight, though the Dark Rendezvous thing was Dooku jabbing at the flaws in the Jedi Order, and I do believe what he said was in many ways correct.

Well, Dooku did make a good point about the Jedi. The perspective of a fallen Jedi, I suppose. Well, Dooku's a more logically thinking fallen Jedi, not some bloodthirsty savage like others. :p

Oh sure, no problem. I was planning on doing him last anyway.

Did you also send me a list of the Jedi you'll be doing? I might expand my list, so I'd like to know.

Before I do my next thread, I need to add some things to my Dooku thread first. I'll be sure to bump it once I get them added in.

I hadn't quite decided yet, was thinking Ti first, moving into Fisto and perhaps other members of the B-Team, though really from Fisto onwards would be whoever I felt like :p

I don't have any characters I need done for other things, except Talzin which is probably an installment I'd work on with Beni's permission of course.

And maybe Maul.

But as for the Jedi, yeh I'm easy.

I hadn't quite decided yet, was thinking Ti first, moving into Fisto and perhaps other members of the B-Team, though really from Fisto onwards would be whoever I felt like :p

I don't have any characters I need done for other things, except Talzin which is probably an installment I'd work on with Beni's permission of course.

And maybe Maul.

Alright, fair enough. I'll be sure to tell you which ones I plan on doing after my initial set is done, just to make sure you don't have plans for it.

I had been thinking of a Palpatine analysis, though. Was that one you wanted to do?

Alright, fair enough. I'll be sure to tell you which ones I plan on doing after my initial set is done, just to make sure you don't have plans for it.

I had been thinking of a Palpatine analysis, though. Was that one you wanted to do?

Didn't you two already do that one?

But I'd be happy to collaborate on it :p

Didn't you two already do that one?

But I'd be happy to collaborate on it :p

Oh, that thread, I remember that one. That was a long time ago. :p

It wasn't my best work, as far as my part goes, but I would love to work on another one. :D

Edited by Aurbere

I'd have to disagree.

While yes Yoda was accepting that he had a darkness within him, he was also fighting it. Dark!Yoda remarks at how he had been building in Yoda as the war progressed, hinting he had abandoned his principles. And yes at the end I believe Yoda accepted the darkness would always be there, he was definitely rejecting it at the same time, he never accepted it as something he would ever allow to grow.

Well I think its simply a case of accepting it in the respect that he accepts it exists, even though he rejects it i.e. refuses to embrace it, he still recognises that in the end it is a part of him, its not totally purged. The Jedi Code is supposed to encourage Jedi to conquer their dark side, but my point is that I feel all to often Jedi just pretend its not there.

P.S. In regards to Dooku, he basically recognised that Yoda was in denial.

Edited by Beniboybling

And maybe Maul.

Well I was actually planning on doing Maul next. :p

Speaking of the Kaggath, I wish I could reserve my next faction so no one takes my stuff. Otherwise one of my threads is going to be mighty pointless. :p

I know how you feel :(

Worse is my Faction falls apart without any of my leadership really, they're all pretty integral. Only things I don't care about are my fleets.

I know how you feel :(

Worse is my Faction falls apart without any of my leadership really, they're all pretty integral. Only things I don't care about are my fleets.

Yeah, the same with mine. My faction concept just falls apart without my leadership.

But why you no care for fleets? :p