When do we get US - EU Server Transfer

heizluefta

None of the mmo's I play offer the ability to transfer between EU and other part of the world Servers.

Not sure why folks have their hopes up for this...

EVE Online has one server worldwide, everyone plays on it. Usually 25,000-45,000 on at any one time, one server.

The decision to segregate is purely a management choice.

EVE Online has one server worldwide, everyone plays on it. Usually 25,000-45,000 on at any one time, one server.

The decision to segregate is purely a management choice.

I was specifically speaking of mmo's that offer various servers on diff. continents, as that is what the thread refers to in this instance. The mention of one shard or megaserver is nowhere to be found, therefore I found your comment a little odd meself :)

Edited by Lucpol

legal reasons. money reasons.

Neither. Server population reasons. They would actually make a ton of money on transfers. It has to do with server capacity and lag. Euro side players may then complain if they do war zones or raids and their latency issues are out of control. Being vocal about that deters future customers and upsets the ones they already have.

I am all for this feature though. I have 8 pvp 55 players still euro side with lvl 50 legacy that I had to give up once I retired from service in Germany and moved back stateside. I have been playing since launch and to say that I am more than miffed at having to legacy start over from scratch is putting it mildly.

Eq2 and a few others do it. In fact it can be done in a matter of seconds. I would be happy to pay double CC so I can get all my Master crafters back. But hey, money lost on their part I guess.

I was specifically speaking of mmo's that offer various servers on diff. continents, as that is what the thread refers to in this instance. The mention of one shard or megaserver is nowhere to be found, therefore I found your comment a little odd meself :)

Why, it disproves all the myths that different countries "cannot" play together or transfer pixels/toons.

Why, it disproves all the myths that different countries "cannot" play together or transfer pixels/toons.

True, if that was the question raised, but the question referred to cross-continental server transfers :p. Still well done for pointing that out, to those who may be unaware :)

One point has to be explained i think:

Many people, including me, decided to choose a US server right at launch of the game.

Ive been playing SWTOR one year after beta. Then everyone left (from my friends, US, Canadian, Germans, etc) and i came back half a year ago. Instantly being stuck on US server without a choice.

Now that lag issues and latency is playing a totally different role than earlier at launch, id really like (need) to switch to EU. Because of having more "friends" maybe again and because of gamebreaking issues in terms of lag and so on. Not, that such a transfer would solve all probs. But it wouldnt hurt more !

And: if the only reason is money, or policy, or EU-US-Rights-System-Differences.....hmm i dont understand.

I mean: to keep it simple:

This is a pure question adressed to Bioware ! I know that they dont like talking -.- !

But, shall i write 200 tickets now ?

I could get a russian/or chinese guy for spamming forums until there´s an answer !

(Just joking)

But: Why arent u (Bioware) able to communicate with your players ? Like other games do ? (or try)

This is a really simple question (EU-US-Transfer) !

P.S.: what exactly does a community manager do ?

Edited by heizluefta

I mean: to keep it simple:

This is a pure question adressed to Bioware ! I know that they dont like talking -.- !

But, shall i write 200 tickets now ?

I could get a russian/or chinese guy for spamming forums until there´s an answer !

(Just joking)

But: Why arent u (Bioware) able to communicate with your players ? Like other games do ? (or try)

This is a really simple question (EU-US-Transfer) !

P.S.: what exactly does a community manager do ?

A community manager gets: An office with a view, a title and of course a fatter paycheck...

Just guessing...

*puts on graduation cap*

It will never happen and here is why.

The EU has this set of data privacy laws that prevent the transfer of personal data from an EU country to a non EU country if the EU doesn't like their data privacy laws. The EU doesn't like US data privacy laws. So we will not be getting transatlantic server transfers until that changes.

Write your congressman, tell him/her that you want them to update our privacy laws so you can transfer your toon. Wait, that probably won't work. C'est la vie.

*puts on graduation cap*

The EU has this set of data privacy laws that prevent the transfer of personal data from an EU country to a non EU country if the EU doesn't like their data privacy laws. The EU doesn't like US data privacy laws. So we will not be getting transatlantic server transfers until that changes.

Write your congressman, tell him/her that you want them to update our privacy laws so you can transfer your toon. Wait, that probably won't work. C'est la vie.

Ok, but this is u saying that ! Not Bioware ! And even it ws Bioware, i couldnt accept that !

I will leave and delete all my chars some day. Not now, not the next weeks. But if it stays tzhat way, being on an underpupulated server, no option to go to EU again to play with friends, ok, then ill just delete all ! That better than trying to find a way for ppl to transfer ?

Edited by heizluefta

*puts on graduation cap*

If this is really the case then why can I copy my EU toons to the PTS, which is US based?

Ok, but this is u saying that ! Not Bioware ! And even it ws Bioware, i couldnt accept that !

I will leave and delete all my chars some day. Not now, not the next weeks. But if it stays tzhat way, being on an underpupulated server, no option to go to EU again to play with friends, ok, then ill just delete all ! That better than trying to find a way for ppl to transfer ?

Dude, just start a new legacy on an EU server. Your collections are account wide so all that will be waiting for you. I started on a us server a month ago. I have millions of credits already and am about leg level 8. Its not the nightmare people act like it is.

And it's your only option.

U guys talk about how it could/should be possible ! Thats fine !

All i want is an answer from Bioware !

And Server transfers in US are possible ! So why not that one ?

And no answers, thats driving me angry ! Really ! Bioware ppl posting in crappy threads and not being able to give answers on important stuff....

U guys talk about how it could/should be possible ! Thats fine !

All i want is an answer from Bioware !

And Server transfers in US are possible ! So why not that one ?

And no answers, thats driving me angry ! Really ! Bioware ppl posting in crappy threads and not being able to give answers on important stuff....

You've been told why not. If you think Bioware is gonna tell you something different, good luck.

And Bioware has said this. In a stream Eric said this was the reason.