I did the exploit...

EvenHardNiner

Offer amnesty if they turn in others that cheated....friend turning on friend, brother against brother, guild against guild, as people begin to crack and turn on each other. It will be glorious! And good for the game in the long run.

Sadly, while you're being sarcastic (I think), that's exactly where the line of thinking we're seeing from some in these threads leads to.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop trying to act like everyone who wants to see the cheaters get what they deserve are somehow maniacal fanatics who want them strung up, you're coming across as rather childish and trying to turn the innocent party into the guilty party.

For a guy who has previous claimed he never used the exploit you sure do act to the contrary. I guess we'll know if/when Bioware do take action.

First paragraph -- "Stop calling us all maniacal fanatics!"

Second paragraph -- "Your posts speaking out against harsh punishment make me suspect you're one of the exploiters!"

Huh.

First paragraph -- "Stop calling us all maniacal fanatics!"

Second paragraph -- "Your posts speaking out against harsh punishment make me suspect you're one of the exploiters!"

Huh.

Us who?

If you're going to quote me then quote me, don't just rewrite what I said into what you want it to say to prove a point you are failing to make in any meaningful manner.

As I understand it goes somethingl ike "If you want people punished for cheating using this exploit you are a WITCH HUNTER! You are out for BLOOD! You are all being completely UNREASONABLE!" blah blah excuse why I cheated blah blah.

Us who?

If you're going to quote me then quote me, don't just rewrite what I said into what you want it to say to prove a point you are failing to make in any meaningful manner.

As I understand it goes somethingl ike "If you want people punished for cheating using this exploit you are a WITCH HUNTER! You are out for BLOOD! You are all being completely UNREASONABLE!" blah blah excuse why I cheated blah blah.

you are really putting a lot of effort into this.

They should be punished as Bioware has declared they will for willingly violating the rules, but at the same time A: its not your call, B: some people are really going too far with the yelling over this. They ARE going to get punished, isn't that enough?

I am just making the suggestion of removing all gear, credits, and comms from the worst abusers of this exploit and leave them running around fleet jumping up and down asking for credits for my general amusement :p

but other than that I am not going around making lengthy posts arguing with people over punishment and making exaggerative analogies. Just know that they ARE going to be punished and be content with that.

Edited by Sangrar

Us who?

Then you don't understand it at all. You keep saying things that make you sound like a ridiculous parody of ye olde witch trials, and then getting more and more insulting in your attempts to deflect when someone says "you sound like ye olde witch hunter".

Every time you say things like the bolded part above, you reinforce this point for the people trying to illustrate it.

You're accusing anyone who dares object to the witch-hunt of being a witch.

And it's behavior like that, which has been going on from the very start of this whole silly kerflufle, that pushed me from "don't do ops, don't do GTN PvP, doesn't affect me, so I don't care" to firmly in the camp of "I hope the exploit is never fixed and the people using it are never punished" just to force all those baying for blood to live up to their ultimatums that the exploiters be banned and stripped of gear or they'd quite in supposedly moral outrage.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

you are really putting a lot of effort into this.

I know but I do enjoy a good debate against those that feel the need to defend said people so rigorously for whatever reason and I've really not got much better to do whilst working and waiting to head home to actually play the game. :)

Then you don't understand it at all. You keep saying things that make you sound like a ridiculous parody of ye olde witch trials, and then getting more and more insulting in your attempts to deflect when someone says "you sound like ye olde witch hunter".

Every time you say things like the bolded part above, you reinforce this point for the people trying to illustrate it.

You're accusing anyone who dares object to the witch-hunt of being a witch.

You forgot to add "or defending cheaters" into this post as well since you're busy repeating yourself with no new legs to stand on.

I thought I had already clarified I don't really mind being called a witch hunter? Kinda sounds cool really. Better than cheater anyway. :)

You forgot to add "or defending cheaters" into this post as well since you're busy repeating yourself with no new legs to stand on.

I thought I had already clarified I don't really mind being called a witch hunter? Kinda sounds cool really. Better than cheater anyway.

Blackstone is spinning in his grave...