Saber Reflect - Different Caps for reflected damage on Imp and Pub Side

Torvai

Through a bit of testing and analyzing logs I noticed, that the values for the reflected damage cap for saber reflect are different on imperial and republic side.

See this thread and especially this post for further detail.

Also the threat values for reflected ranged attacks doesn't take the +100% threat from Soresu stance into account, while F/T attacks do.

Edit: This is on live, NOT PTS.

Edited by Torvai

• 1 month later...

Pushing this back up.

I was pissed as i read todays patchnotes. Obviously you can change things on Saber Reflect, but aren't capable of giving Imp and Pub side version of the same Skill the same values?

Are you 100% sure that this does not depend on your gear? You wrote that your Republic toon has better gear than the Imperial, maybe how much damage you reflect depends on the gear? I never really understood how the reflected damage is calculated but if this is true and there is a difference, it needs to be fixed.

I can understand today's hotfix; you shouldn't be able to do 37.5% of your DPS from Saber Reflect but I'm sad that they make HM bosses harder rather than easier.

Edited by Jerba

Are you 100% sure that this does not depend on your gear? You wrote that your Republic toon has better gear than the Imperial, maybe how much damage you reflect depends on the gear? I never really understood how the reflected damage is calculated but if this is true and there is a difference, it needs to be fixed.

Pretty sure it isn't gear dependant. Because while my Guardian has better gear than my Jugg, Methoxas gear, who is a Jugg tank, should be ~equal to mine(I know him, we play on the same server) and reflects the same as my Jugg.

And even if not, this would mean that Reflect is the only skill in the game that does more damage the less gear you have(since jugg reflects more with less gear).

I can understand today's hotfix; you shouldn't be able to do 37.5% of your DPS from Saber Reflect but I'm sad that they make HM bosses harder rather than easier.

While I'm not happy about the change made to saber reflect on Torque HM(how could I, I main a Guardian tank) I can understand them as well.

I'm pissed because of the fact that they change something about the skill nobody complained about but leave faction imbalances(there are others as well, like old 4pc sorc bonus working, but sages doesn't) as they are. Things like this(faction imbalance)used to be a big deal in the past and were fixed pretty fast. What happened to that state?

Seriously, it can't be that hard to get things working the same on either side. Should be nothing more than a copy and paste from the skill that works like it should be to the skill that doesn't.

And even if not, this would mean that Reflect is the only skill in the game that does more damage the less gear you have

My theory was that how much you reflect depends on how much damage you normally take. E.g. a badly equipped DPS would usually take more damage and therefore reflect more, while a fully geared tank with high mitigation would reflect less.

In any case, you are 100% correct that this is not working as intended, either mechanical-wise or philosophical-wise and needs to be fixed.

Things like this(faction imbalance)used to be a big deal in the past and were fixed pretty fast.

To be fair, even before 3.0 there were some faction imbalances but they were so minor that it didn't matter much. But the imbalance we have now is worse than it has ever been but what's even more worse is how long they take to fix this and all the other bugs.

Edited by Jerba

To be fair, even before 3.0 there were some faction imbalances but they were so minor that it didn't matter much. But the imbalance we have now is worse than it has ever been but what's even more worse is how long they take to fix this and all the other bugs.

Yeah. What I meant with "they were a big deal" was not that we had many of them, but that they were treated with a higher priority than nowadays. At least it seems this way.

Edited by Torvai

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

/shameless bump

Why isn't this fixed yet? Should take an intern only around 5 minutes, to open up the code and copy and paste the values from imp to pub side or vive versa.

And while you're at it, look at Saber Reflect in Blaster and Master fight. It doesn't work on ANY boss attack there, although they are pretty much all ranged and/or force/tech.

/shameless bump

Why isn't this fixed yet? Should take an intern only around 5 minutes, to open up the code and copy and paste the values from imp to pub side or vive versa.

And while you're at it, look at Saber Reflect in Blaster and Master fight. It doesn't work on ANY boss attack there, although they are pretty much all ranged and/or force/tech.

That's not true. I know for a fact saber reflect works on a mechanic in the Blaster and Master fight, but I won't post which one because I don't want it nerfed like Torque.

• 3 weeks later...