No Bounty Contract Week in January

EricMusco

It should not be an event. It should be a game feature.

In fact, it should be only for bounty hunters, and instead the system should offer unique missions for each class or class archetype....

Bounty Hunters - what you have in place now.

Agents - espionage, sabotage, assassination, subterfuge, counterintelligence.

Smugglers - smuggling of course, of all types, including people.

Jedi and Sith - missions for the Jedi or Sith council...retrieve artifacts, kill or capture enemies of the council, etc.

Troopers - combat missions...seek and destroy, rescue, scouting, capture.

Also, maximum reputation in each should provide a special title, and each mission should provide light are dark alignment points.

Note: if any of these titles already exist, let me know. The titles would go at the end of your name. You would have your choice of any three titles you would receive....

Bounty Hunter - Mandalorian/Combat Merc/Master Hunter

Agent - Conspirator/Assassin/Grand Moff

Smuggler - Master Brigand/Rogue/Galactic Criminal

Trooper - General/Republic Commander/Combat Veteran

Jedi - Master of the force/Jedi Council member/Jedi Master

Sith - Lord of the Sith/Imperial Lord/Dark Council member

Finally, mastering any of the class mission reputations would cause your portrait to gain the same decoration surround that champions have for their portrait.

No. Some people actually like it as it is. It is my favorite event. It is the only one I will actually do consistently. The rewards are fine as they are. I don't need to turn my chr into a Christmas tree with all these decorations.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--- Snip ---

Finally, mastering any of the class mission reputations would cause your portrait to gain the same decoration surround that champions have for their portrait.

You know, I actually like this one very much... and you could even go a little further than this.

For a completely new event that actually has class specific objective types, there would naturally also be a new reputation system. For that specific event they should make that decoration around your portrait show the same type of star added as in the reputation window for each rep level. Start out with silver band that turns to gold the higher your rep gets and showing the various star* symbols associated with each reputation level.

* Always as one star, it would just change shape when reaching the next level.

The only thing is that reputation would be legacy wide again and would clash with showing the decoration only on classes for which you completed all of the required objectives. So it might be better if linked to achievements instead of reputation...

Edited by LeJarC

Guess scaling things to 60 was a bigger project than they realized.

More likely it was delayed because of the attempts to fix problems from the 3.0 update. While trying to identify and fix bugs in the game as it is now, you don't want to add new content that has been changed and can affect both the game as it stands now and the fixes they are testing that would go along with it. Once the game is stable they can test the new level scaling for bounties and deal with the bugs that will cause, rather than a double helping of new bugs on top of old.

More likely it was delayed because of the attempts to fix problems from the 3.0 update. While trying to identify and fix bugs in the game as it is now, you don't want to add new content that has been changed and can affect both the game as it stands now and the fixes they are testing that would go along with it. Once the game is stable they can test the new level scaling for bounties and deal with the bugs that will cause, rather than a double helping of new bugs on top of old.

But the Bounty Event did already run one time after 3.0 and scaled up to 60 without any problems I have heard of in december?!

I think the Bounty Event has been out for quite a long time that it would be fine to forgo a month of it.

As long the Gree event launches fine however, is the bigger concern to me.

Errr... it didn't. That's why they pushed it back to the end of February or March.

But the Bounty Event did already run one time after 3.0 and scaled up to 60 without any problems I have heard of in december?!

It think it happened at the same time as early access for the expansion, so there weren't a lot of 55+ toons at the time. Maybe the targets didn't scale correctly, or it could have even contributed to the problems they've been working to fix. Regardless, it's a good idea to delay it until after they get a handle on current issues.

personally I wish you would revert the prices back to credit for the Bounty armor, I worked my way up to unlock it ,got a set,then abandoned the event,I find it boring. now having to do contracts to get the armor is worse, so I dont do the event.

personally I wish you would revert the prices back to credit for the Bounty armor, I worked my way up to unlock it ,got a set,then abandoned the event,I find it boring. now having to do contracts to get the armor is worse, so I dont do the event.

I believe you can buy the contracts from GTN as well.

Appreciate the updates ...BUT....have you ever thought about opening the code to the users? like asking them for help to debug some of the code for you? I'm sure a lot of the gamers that are programmers have offered to help...they don't want money just a working game free of the big bugs :)

Appreciate the updates ...BUT....have you ever thought about opening the code to the users? like asking them for help to debug some of the code for you? I'm sure a lot of the gamers that are programmers have offered to help...they don't want money just a working game free of the big bugs :)

I actually asked that question at a Cantina (Vancouver 2014), I was told there's an issue legally in doing that with EA/Disney - some sort of liability issue.

Hey folks,

No worries Eric, just fill the spot with this guy's idea and all will be forgiven. :rak_07:

I am proposing a new event based around PVP. There are already 3+ PVE events that have some PVP aspects. I think an 8v8 ranked throwback event would be a wonderful treat for players new and old.

In order to facilitate an event like this all that would be required would be reintegration of the 8v8 ranked que (might require a que button rework to allow players to que selectively for 8v8 or 4v4) and very little else.

A very large amount of skilled players yearn for a chance to relive the glory days of 8v8 ranked. I believe that an event like this might even entice players who have previously left the game, to come back. A fair amount of people left because of the integration of 4v4s and issue surrounding the arena death match game style.

Now all that being said if something like this were incorporated back into the game BW would need to tread lightly if they planned on offering a reputation gain or rewards for the event. A simple and effective reward would be to make 8v8 ranked matches during the event give triple coms and credits. You could establish other rewards but for ease of access I suggest the extra loots. PVPers are used to getting very little for PVPing and we wouldnt want to break that track record now would we.

If anyone has suggestions to add or just general support or hate feedback post it. LETS GET SOME OLDSCHOOL GOIN.

I actually asked that question at a Cantina (Vancouver 2014), I was told there's an issue legally in doing that with EA/Disney - some sort of liability issue.

What a shame....What about hiring some of the gamers that are amazing programmers!!!! Like sub-contracting work out to them...Least it normally does, fee would be a sub or $1 just to make it legal...that or one time fix fee, and sign contracts if needed as sub-contractor. They could do a few things to bypass legality.

In fact, it should be only for bounty hunters, and instead the system should offer unique missions for each class or class archetype....

Jedi and Sith - missions for the Jedi or Sith council...retrieve artifacts, kill or capture enemies of the council, etc.

Also, maximum reputation in each should provide a special title, and each mission should provide light are dark alignment points.

Note: if any of these titles already exist, let me know. The titles would go at the end of your name. You would have your choice of any three titles you would receive....

Now that is an awesome idea!!

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty much either need bounty week next week or sell all the stuff on the bounty merchants for credits again. I have been waiting for a long time to get some stuff from there. There are not enough contracts on the GTN to get everything. I know its a dumb reason to leave but it still is the reason, I will come back some day but even with good music you can only be on hold for so long.

What a shame....What about hiring some of the gamers that are amazing programmers!!!! Like sub-contracting work out to them...Least it normally does, fee would be a sub or $1 just to make it legal...that or one time fix fee, and sign contracts if needed as sub-contractor. They could do a few things to bypass legality.

Apparently you're only allowed to change the game's code if you're an employee of EA or Bioware.

Please, no. We have enough half-assed, unfinished and unpolished features in the game as it is.

I would much much rather have half-assed unfinished and unpolished features that are in fact class-specific than the disney crap Shadow of Revan one-story-for-everyone.

This could definitely fill a void in feeding a hunger that I crave. :rak_05:

Ah bounty week. I grinded to legend as quick as I could to get that blaster for my BH, and now I love seeing it come back - so I can ignore it entirely.

Seriously. I'll admit I'm a bit miffed they force you to use contracts for the Rep items even after you hit Legend. There's a few bits and pieces I'd like alts to get, but damned if I'll keep muckin' about with the boring bounties if I can help it.

I have exactly two more bosses to take down to wrap up all the bounty cheevs and then I'm done. I'll buy the contracts off the GTN after if I need 'em bad enough, lol.