The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why does Darth Marr almost bow and salute Master Satelle?

khsolo

It's a gesture of mutual respect between fellow professionals, who happen to be on opposite sides.

I could be wrong, but I think that's how Marr sees both himself and Shan, at least on some levels.

Marr understands this concept, which unlike most typically "Chaotic-Stupid" Sith, is but one of the many things that make him genuinely very, very dangerous to the Jedi/Republic.

Edited by midianlord

He also addresses her by her title, instead of simply as "Jedi" or some derogatory term.

Marr shows respect for those he feels have earned it, he clearly feels as though Satele has earned it.

I would guess this be the first time i see a sith showing respect to anyone

Military History is full of instances such as this.

Think Samuri (where the victorious leader would assist the defeated in performing ritual suicide the show immense respect for the fallen.

For the Americans; General Grant spoke respectfully of General Lee for his military accomplishments and strategy.

German Generals, and Allied Generals (In both World Wars) respected each others accomplishments. Strategy, etc.

That is not to say, they respected any atrocities those people committed (on either side).

He only bows and shows respect from the Imp story because your character tells him about Revan's plot. He realizes that the treat is greater than Empire can handle and that it is best to approach the situation in a diplomatic manner. If you watch from the Pub side he is more hostile in his tone and attitude. This is really seen in the interrogation cut scene.

Imp light side (Satelle interrogation): He respect your wisdom.

Pub light side (Satelle interrogation): He gets angry and makes a half threat.

The enemy of my enemy is sometimes a friend...

A Darth of the dark council at war with the jedi? manners dont matter to sith

Not all Sith are raving lunatics you know.

Besides, what kind of a moron wouldn't show proper respect and restraint in that situation?

He also addresses her by her title, instead of simply as "Jedi" or some derogatory term.

Marr shows respect for those he feels have earned it, he clearly feels as though Satele has earned it.

Yeah I think they still respect eachother's titles even though they're on opposite sides, palpatine addresses master yoda and even Anakin referred to Obi Wan as master after becoming darth vader (but before getting deep fried) on mustafar.

Not all Sith are raving lunatics you know.

Besides, what kind of a moron wouldn't show proper respect and restraint in that situation?

This is pretty much my feelings on this.

Besides, just because one shows respect for another on the outside, doesn't mean they wouldn't want to plant their head on a platter if the opportunity presents itself.

Life, even fantasy ones, tends to be like that. ;)