Leveling mara (makes me want to punch my display and ragequit)

Cleavy

Most everyone here mentioned the important things but I just want to add a few extras not mentioned:

1) Leveling in a DoT spec is not recommended unless you fight an enemy with a large enough health pool to make the damage worth it. You want AoEs or burst damage. I use Carnage.

2) Make sure you are in at least appropriate level greens for you and your companion. I mostly tried to stick with power gear.

3) When fighting multiple mobs, always take out the weakest targets first. Their combined damage hurt tremendously. CC multiple mobs or just the strong ones. Utilize your companion's CC. Quinn has a Carbon Stream, use it on a strong mob before the fight and use that time to pummel weaker mobs.

4) The distance between you and your targets have a large effect when your charge is on cooldown. Utilizing line of sight by hiding behind large canisters, corners, etc to bring enemies to you rather than charging through firepower to get to a target is always a safer choice. Use your companion to pull the mobs to you while you hide behind a corner with your companion to cluster up all the mobs into a perfect clump so you can unleash your devastating AoEs.

5) As a Marauder, you have tremendous burst potential. Do not use your powerful attacks on enemies that have taken enough damage to die from your weaker attacks. Save your "1-shots" to take down weak or normal mobs in rapid succession.

6) Memorize your defensive cooldown timers, or put them on your bar in order so it is easier to see when they are ready. Do not blow all your defensive cooldowns at the same time and do not blow them pre-emptively against a strong opponent. Use them when necessary and spread out your defensive cooldowns and crowd control abilities so they last the fight.

7) You have multiple interrupts. Fix your UI and targeting to monitor an enemy's attack cast. Interrupt high damaging abilities and heals to make your battle easier. Ex: run away from a ranged opponent to use your charge ability to interrupt.

8) Last but not least, if you are in critical condition, use the environment around you to kite the mob to avoid damage while your companion continues to attack. Use the AI's inability to strategize and exploit it's pathing to your advantage.

Edited by Ardusnyc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.