Crafting Problem

Chuhu

After the new update and the new crafting lvl.

It seem like I never get to craft, because my comp never get what need from the mission I send them on. As a example:

Arftifice > Tresure Hunting > Gemstone > Midlithe Crystal. This crystal is impossible to get from the mission I send my comp on. Why BW?

Same goes for:

Cybertech > Underworld Trading > Doonium, this material is also impossible to get.

I keep sending my comp on the missions but I never get these two crystal/material.

Why can't you not update the three Java Vendors, Izz, Mnek and Hador with new materials and crystal for lvl 55 - 60?

Crafting for a lvl 60 is now just vaste of time.

Edited by IngeDanielsen

You get the purples on crits of the "Rich Yield" or "Bountiful Yield" missions. It helps if you are using a companion that has a crit bonus to that particular gathering skill (it shows who has what when you are picking them to send them out)

Just a FYI, you -wont- get purples from the lower yield missions, (moderate, abundant) so if your trying for purples, don't waste your time and credits on them.

I have gatherers of every type, and I do get the purples, but only when doing as written above.

If I remember correctly, the sith warrior companion Vette gets a +5 crit bonus to treasure hunting.

Probably doesn't hurt to have max affection on your gathering comps as well, help prevent those mission failures!

Edited by XiamaraSimi

If you are asking if I'm serious about only having a -chance- with Rich/Bountiful crits, yes. You did buy the 450-500 gathering upgrades right?

Also the legacy astromech droid perk you can get for your ships sells a droid sensor with a treasure hunting crit bonus. (As well as other sensors with other bonus)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Probably doesn't hurt to have max affection on your gathering comps as well, help prevent those mission failures!

This is incorrect -- nothing changes the mission failure (nothing returned) chance. Every 2000 affection gives a companion a +1 chance to crit (return purples in addition to blues).

This is incorrect -- nothing changes the mission failure (nothing returned) chance. Every 2000 affection gives a companion a +1 chance to crit (return purples in addition to blues).

I knew it had an affect of some kind just wasn't sure what exactly, but either way max affection will help with critting for purples then ^_^

I knew it had an affect of some kind just wasn't sure what exactly, but either way max affection will help with critting for purples then ^_^

Yes. Some people associate not critting with failing, so I just wanted to make sure this was clear. You always have the same chance to fail (get no mats); if you succeed (i.e., don't fail), then crit bonuses increases your chance to get better results (e.g., purples for Bountiful, Rich, and Wealthy Grade 9 and 11 Mission Skills).

Edit: Regular missions (Moderate, Abundant, Bountiful, and Rich) always have a 5% chance to fail. Discovered Missions (Prosperous and Wealthy), which can be sold/purchased on GTN), always have a 0% chance to fail. Prosperous and Wealthy missions give better returns than Rich (and always include purples for Mission skils), and can crit for more.

Edited by eartharioch

one way to guarantee not failing: purchased/dropped missions you unlock. if they fail, you have a bug. They're NEVER supposed to fail. And you will get purples, even if you don't crit.

But the other thngs said were true.