Jedi Sage Force Quake broken?!?!

GavinPatterson

I just find it odd that prior to this bug, I honestly can't remember anyone, in-game, ever taking issue with the screen shaking.

First time I hear of this really.

I did one suggestion long time ago, cant find the link. Just no so vocal minority, you know...

I just find it odd that prior to this bug, I honestly can't remember anyone, in-game, ever taking issue with the screen shaking.

First time I hear of this really.

Also, if it were something simple to introduce, it is likely they'd have done it so a while back.

In the beta I made a few requests, and a few times after launch. I stopped playing shortly after the legacy patch was released, and came back with the 12x bonus. I was quite disappointed to see that even two years later they've not added this option, nor any sort of accessability options, given that this is an MMO, and from everything I've seen, it seems to be one of the more popular ones out there these days - one would think that they would be trying to make the game as welcoming as possible.

So I don't know, I don't visit the forums much, I only posted here because I saw that this thread was linked on reddit, but I have, at various points before now made comments about this on these forums.

In my case, it's also manageable in short bursts, I can deal with it - I don't like it, but I can deal with it, it's just extended periods of screen shaking that I have real problems with, and given how powerful Forcequake is at the moment, I'm not looking forward to when it will be fixed if there's no option to disable camera shake.

Edited by Vaexa

Personally, I'd rather the shaking return with the sound. If they can implement an option for the people that don't want it, great, but look the the Sorcerer's Force Storm, that doesn't need shaking because it comes with a sweet flashy visual effect and some noise. Force quake without the screen shaking and noise looks like dust and cracks appearing with no other powerful effects. I'd like to see the shaking and noise return to force quake so it appears powerful again. Just my two cents.

Just adding my personal "Please fix this" to the pile. I like the sound. I like the shaking. It makes it feel real and awesome. Without it it's just boring and sad. :(

Sages, particularly healers, don't have, well, any other particularly cool or amazing moves. Please give us just this one. :rolleyes:

Has it been acknowledged as a bug or as an attempted fix for a problem that didn't exist?

Anyway, please - would like it back. I play without sound and would like the animation so I can see it's doing what it should.

Reading usually helps:

OH YOU.

Looked into this and, while we are aware of the issue, there's no ETA for a fix at this time. But it IS definitely a bug.

Don't have the time to read threads these days :)

Hence the reason I asked it as a question.

So thanks for finding the answer to it.

So you have the time to needlessly moan, yet you don't have the time to read and click on the "First BioWare Post"?

Try to come up with a better excuse next time.

• 6 months later...
And this is good for my eyes and my head. A very nice compromise!

Tait already confirmed this is a bug, as seen below:

OH YOU.

Looked into this and, while we are aware of the issue, there's no ETA for a fix at this time. But it IS definitely a bug.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 5 months later...

maybe bump this one more time, unless ya'll plan to getting around to fixing it when say you can see the offhand juggs and mercs wield

OH YOU.

• 6 months later...

Any update on the force quake bug ?

Imagine if it was force storm just doing 1 short blink of lightning and then absolutely nothing for the rest of the channeled duration. It's that bad (imo) Please do something to fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, the Sages already lack the visual appeal that is so prominent with the Sorc's abilities, but the Force Quake was one of the best things about them. It's so lack luster now and has been for so long. Is it really so hard to fix, and then simply add a setting to turn screen shake effects off or down? One thing that could be done is just giving the shake effect to the user, so they have a visual cue its working...

Though, one of the coolest things that happened to me when I first started playing this game back in '12 was being on Tattoine as a Sith Warrior and encountering a Jedi Knight that could shake the ground (and my screen) and knock me off my feet. It was immersive, and I truly felt like I was facing a challenging and powerful foe. Now, it's like a Force "Pressue" than a quake. Truly unappealing compared to Lightning Storm.

Honestly, the Sages already lack the visual appeal that is so prominent with the Sorc's abilities, but the Force Quake was one of the best things about them. It's so lack luster now and has been for so long. Is it really so hard to fix, and then simply add a setting to turn screen shake effects off or down? One thing that could be done is just giving the shake effect to the user, so they have a visual cue its working...

Though, one of the coolest things that happened to me when I first started playing this game back in '12 was being on Tattoine as a Sith Warrior and encountering a Jedi Knight that could shake the ground (and my screen) and knock me off my feet. It was immersive, and I truly felt like I was facing a challenging and powerful foe. Now, it's like a Force "Pressue" than a quake. Truly unappealing compared to Lightning Storm.

This!