The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Koozie's Pyro PT Video 3.0

Kooziejr

I use unload when rooted and don't have HO after throwing my dart on someone, or when a sin uses shroud as it bypasses it. It's some nice fluff for sure. I've had a lot of cases of people shouting at me in /say in disbelief that they died to unload from a PT. Great fun. Rapid shots is funnier to kill people with, though.

Maybe should try it more.

haha, I didn't say someone can never win with dps gear spec'ed as shieldtech, The fact that you do have more survivability than pyro does say a lot. But, does the damage/survivability ratio balance itself out?

Hmm.

On that note, I'm sure you filmed those ten games and will post them so we can see the quality of the teams you faced, and also allow us to see the talent that your healer has.

No matter what I post or say you will always find something negative with it. So I wouldn't even bother to be honest.

No matter what I post or say you will always find something negative with it. So I wouldn't even bother to be honest.

That's not true. I was merely responding to a suggestion that was made somewhere in this thread that shieldtech in dps gear can apply as much pressure in ranked as pyro can. I'm sorry if you disagree with that sentiment. It's irrelevant anyways.

You're stating that running in ranked as a tank in dps gear works, and ya, I believe that anything can work, given the right players and the right circumstances.

Keep lighting them up kid.

That's not true. I was merely responding to a suggestion that was made somewhere in this thread that shieldtech in dps gear can apply as much pressure in ranked as pyro can. I'm sorry if you disagree with that sentiment. It's irrelevant anyways. .

Oh, I didn't read that. But yes, pyro can obviously pressure a great deal more than shield tech in DPS gear. I agree.

Is it my impression, or Firestorm inflicts out the box the same dmg of a flame thrower with 3 stacks?

I noticed 3.5k firestorm crits when I switch to shieldtech with my dps gear on. As pyro, rank3 flamethrower crits about the same, but I've seen a few 4k crits with relic procs. So... you shouldn't need to have a relic proc, just to hit harder than tank spec's firestorm, lol. The non crits from firestorm(2k), are usually higher than rank3 flamethrower's non crits(1.4k).

Flamethrower is definitely bugged and will need a tweak. Hell, the whole pyro spec needs some TLC.