Is SoR a joke?

Jandi

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what it looks like when someone loses an argument on the internet, and can't think of anything else to say.

:D

What argument? The one where you make up your own arguments which have nothing to do with what I've said? Yeah, how dreadful.

Your mother is a llama, therefore your uncle must be a turtle, therefore you lose.

Edited by Jandi

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what I'm missing is why you're so cheesed about doing a few more of them...

Because I paid 17€ to get a level cap increase and new content? Only to be told to do old content.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. The reason I keep replying is the replies to this thread are so *********** funny.

You know everyone, at this point I would say just dont feed the troll.

obviousky he doesnt want to hear what anyone else is saying, and just thinks his point is valid, so.....

I've offerend counter-arguments and points to almost everyone. Now that is trolling as well? What's next? It's trolling to not agree with someone?

Go back to tumblr.

Meh....I solo primarily, even with my characters that are in a guild. (heck, I did my FIRST FP this weekend on one alt). I've leveled three alts to 60 before hitting Yavin 4, only one of them was a little lax on XP and needed to do a few dailies to make it.

I don't know why the OP fell short, but there is enough content to make it to 60 from my experiences. Could there be more in SoR? Of course. More content would always be welcome. My biggest peeve with it is the lack of companion input during cutscenes. None of them have any lines and it feels like something is missing. They don't even adjust their affection for you by dialogue choices, at least from what I have seen.

All of the characters that I've gotten to 60 were 55 when I started forged alliances, so I'll see what happens when my next toon gets past Corellia. But I think the leveling process is different for different players and alts somewhat.

For the... 10th(?) time, you CANNOT do Forged Alliance if you did the 4 flashpoitns prior. You lose all the XP from those if you did them before 3.0.

Edited by Jandi

Because I paid 17€ to get a level cap increase and new content? Only to be told to do old content.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. The reason I keep replying is the replies to this thread are so *********** funny.

XP awarded is arbitrary, the new missions and mobs could have given more or less XP.

An expansion that had far more content could have been set up to give exactly the amount of XP we got from the actual SoR, and you'd be in the same pickle as now, but without the issue of "not enough content" to conflate with your contention regarding XP and leveling.

XP awarded is arbitrary, the new missions and mobs could have given more or less XP.

An expansion that had far more content could have been set up to give exactly the amount of XP we got from the actual SoR, and you'd be in the same pickle as now, but without the issue of "not enough content" to conflate with your contention regarding XP and leveling.

Yup.

I don't see how that's relevant though. However, if they gave more exp, I would only complain about the lack of content, but that is a moot point and to be expected of this game. We've been starved for content since February 2012

EITHER of the 2 are points of contention. I chose the XP amount because it's stupid and plain bad design.

Edited by Jandi

Thank you for proving my point...

What point? That because I actually argue with people instead of ignoring everyone I don't agree with, I must be trolling? It's called having a discussion about contested points. It's how adults come to a conclusion on matters with multiple points of view.

Edited by Jandi

So does a content patch. They didn't call Oricon an expansion, did they?

No they didn't call it a expansion but Oricon was never identified as an expansion, SOR was and it expanded the game.

SoR was an expansion, that's just a fact.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

No they didn't call it a expansion but Oricon was never identified as an expansion, SOR was and it expanded the game.

SoR was an expansion, that's just a fact.

And if they'd call Oricon a free expansion, you'd call it an expansion too? Moreover, be overjoyed that they gave you a *free* expansion?

Yes. Oricon had a decent chunk of stuff to it.

How strange. 10 years ago, releasing anything short of 1/4 of the original content, and calling it an expansion would get you nailed to the wall. It's like calling a birdfeeder a house cause it has walls.

How strange. 10 years ago, releasing anything short of 1/4 of the original content, and calling it an expansion would get you nailed to the wall. It's like calling a birdfeeder a house cause it has walls.

If an animal can fit inside a bird feeder it can be considered a house.

Point is Bioware owns and operates the game and if they call somethign an expansion, then that makes it an expansion for that game. There is no written rule where all MMO's have to follow the same expansion requirements.

If an animal can fit inside a bird feeder it can be considered a house.

Point is Bioware owns and operates the game and if they call somethign an expansion, then that makes it an expansion for that game. There is no written rule where all MMO's have to follow the same expansion requirements.

Nope, there isn't. We are also talking about EA here, whose definiton of "optional paid DLC" is "rest of the game we are holding hostage behind a pay wall on day 1"

Edited by Jandi

What paid DLC are you talking about that holds the rest of the game hostage until you get it?

Not "rest of the game" but signifact and integral parts of it. I'm not talking about SWTOR here, but other EA games.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.