The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jango Fett vs. General Grievous

puntingpassing

Jango Fett

>Killed Jedi with his bear hands.

>Survived Obi-Wan Kenobi, the man who later killed Grievous.

>Was killed in a fight with one of the most esteemed Jedi on the Jedi Council.

General Grievous

>Failed to kill some Younglings and a Padawan...

I'm sorry... I know you probably think this is just a troll talking. I know that they've both done a LOT more than I gave them credit for above but... After that episode of TCW... I really can't think of Grievous as that awesome, Jedi killing bádâśš. To see him literally scurry away and shield himself from those canon shots like a scared animal, instead of deflecting them like he should have... It almost floored me. I can't even remember all of the awesome feats he'd accomplished anymore. :(

But anyway, this isn't a troll thread. The is a legit thread for anyone who wants to argue about which of these two would win in a fight. Please share your thoughts on this. Maybe it will help me get over my shock and think of Grievous as I did before.

Edited by puntingpassing

Jango Fett

>Killed Jedi with his bear hands.

>Survived Obi-Wan Kenobi, the man who later killed Grievous.

>Was killed in a fight with one of the most esteemed Jedi on the Jedi Council.

General Grievous

>Failed to kill some Younglings and a Padawan...

I'm sorry... I know you probably think this is just a troll talking. I know that they've both done a LOT more than I gave them credit for above but... After that episode of TCW... I really can't think of Grievous as that awesome, Jedi killing bádâśš. To see him literally scurry away and shield himself from those canon shots like a scared animal, instead of deflecting them like he should have... It almost floored me. I can't even remember all of the awesome feats he'd accomplished anymore. :(

But anyway, this isn't a troll thread. The is a legit thread for anyone who wants to argue about which of these two would win in a fight. Please share your thoughts on this. Maybe it will help me get over my shock and think of Grievous as I did before.

Jedi are able to deflect blaster shots by their ability to perceive the future. They sense danger, predict where the blaster bolts will be in advance, and then move their lightsaber to intercept it. Grievous isn't a Jedi. He can duel with some of the best of them but deflecting blaster bolts isn't something he's as proficient as a Jedi in. On top of that to even stand a chance against the upper echelons of the order? He uses four arms. Making it so even if they can predict where they would land they can't deflect all of them quick enough.

Grevious, he actually could speedblitz Jango tbh.

Ranged I don't see Jango's weapons do jack **** to Grevious considering how durable he is, able to withstand a point blank explosions, vehicles being smashed upon him, so on.

He can move at speeds faster than a room full of Jedi, Red Guards and others, potentially speedblitzing all of them.

He can throw blows faster than the eye can see, strike fast enough to even overload Obi-Wan's defenses, etc

Also of course, he's a lot stronger than Jango too.

So...yeah, I don't see Jango having much a chance.

Movie and clone war cartoon Grievous....probally Jango

Grievous from the short animated cartoon that came out right before episode 3, that grievous is ridicoulsly overpowered and would win

here is that BA dude

Edited by kirorx

I don't recall Jango Fett ever killing any jedi with his bare hands, was that in a comic or something? Also, Obi-Wan was a scrub in 2 compared to how powerful he was when he had his final fight with Grievous (and didn't Jango get some help in the form of someone shooting a star ship grade laser at Obi-wan during the fight?). And as for 'being killed in a one on one fight with an esteemed member of the council'? So was Grievous

Also, in Grievous's defense, it is actually a lot smarter to defend yourself with large objects then it is to use a barrier that is approximately as wide as the thing you are actually blocking.

I don't recall Jango Fett ever killing any jedi with his bare hands, was that in a comic or something? Also, Obi-Wan was a scrub in 2 compared to how powerful he was when he had his final fight with Grievous (and didn't Jango get some help in the form of someone shooting a star ship grade laser at Obi-wan during the fight?). And as for 'being killed in a one on one fight with an esteemed member of the council'? So was Grievous

Also, in Grievous's defense, it is actually a lot smarter to defend yourself with large objects then it is to use a barrier that is approximately as wide as the thing you are actually blocking.

He did kill Jedi with his bare hands, his whipcord, some sand and a rock. Yes Jango had help from Boba with Slave 1, in fact he admitted that Boba helped him out and saved him, cause after he had fired his rocket, he had all but run out of ideas.

Plus the 2 actually really stalemated and the only reason Jango was able to survive, was due to a few things.

1. Obi-Wan was sent to capture not kill Jango, that's rather much harder to do especially of someone of Jango's caliber.

2. Obi-Wan lost his lightsaber and spent time trying to get it back.

3. Jango's armor was able to keep him in the game in H2H, long enough for him to BFR Obi-Wan off the platform.

These factors....Jango doesn't have here, Grevious would demolish Jango with superior stats all around, his weaponry won't do anything, provided he even gets the chance to before he gets speedblitzed.