Augmentation Questions

Precetor

I'm a little confused about augmentations and how you get them so, I have a couple of questions.

1). How do you get augmentations?

2). What crew skills can craft them? (if you can craft them)

3.) What are the differences between them? I see MK-1,MK-2,MK-3 etc. and was just wondering what was the difference.

Any help you can provide is appreciated :D.

I'm a little confused about augmentations and how you get them so, I have a couple of questions.

1). How do you get augmentations?

2). What crew skills can craft them? (if you can craft them)

3.) What are the differences between them? I see MK-1,MK-2,MK-3 etc. and was just wondering what was the difference.

Any help you can provide is appreciated :D.

1. Well the GTN, don't know if you can buy them from any of the comms vendors. Well crafting them is another way.

2. Its synthweaving is the crewskill.. though don't expect being able to craft anylow level ones right of the bat.. i'm Level 300 and still haven't gotten any schematic to craft any. To get schematics for them you'll need slicing or buy from GTN. Though i've heard that you get some from the trainer.. eventually.

3. The difference is what MK-X you'll need to install the augmentation slot on the peice of gear you have. What MK-X you'll need is dependent on the level of the gear in which the slot will be install in. Below shows what value the MK- needs for what level.

1. Up to level 16

2. 17 thru 24

3. 25 thru 32

4. 33 thru 40

5. 41 thru 46

6. 47+.

12. Its synthweaving is the crewskill.. though don't expect being able to craft anylow level ones right of the bat.. i'm Level 300 and still haven't gotten any schematic to craft any. To get schematics for them you'll need slicing or buy from GTN. Though i've heard that you get some from the trainer.. eventually.

Synthweaving only crafts some augments, specifically Alacrity, Command, Redoubt, Resolve, and Strength.

If you have Armormech, you can make Absorb, Reflex, Shield, and Skill augments.

Armstech makes Accuracy, Critical, Fortitude, Overkill, and Surge augments.

3. The difference is what MK-X you'll need to install the augmentation slot on the peice of gear you have. What MK-X you'll need is dependent on the level of the gear in which the slot will be install in. Below shows what value the MK- needs for what level.

1. Up to level 16

2. 17 thru 24

3. 25 thru 32

4. 33 thru 40

5. 41 thru 46

6. 47+.

If only it were that simple. MK-6 is not the highest augment slot, and it actually is only required for Rank 22, level 49 (not 47) augments.

At the lower elvels, each "Mark" of slot takes four "Ranks" of augment. Since the level reqs go up by two for each additional rank, there are several levels where a particular Mark of augment slot should take that level of augment, except there's no augment for that particular level. Clear? Thought not. Here's how it goes.

I find it simpler to work from the different "Ranks" of augments, and then what "Mark" of slot and character level you need to use them. Also remember, the Mark required for an augment is a minimum, not an absolute.

AFAIK, there are no Rank 1 augments.

Rank 2 augments requre level 9

Rank 3 requires level 11

Rank 4 requires level 13

and so on. (Mostly)

So...

Augment Ranks 2 to 5, which require levels 9 to 15, need a MK-1 slot or higher.

Ranks 6 to 9, levels 17 to 23, MK-2 (or higher)

Ranks 10 to 13, levels 25 to 31, MK-3

Ranks 14 to 17, Levels 33 to 39, MK-4

Ranks 18 to 21, levels 41 to 47, MK-5

After that the nice orderly progression breaks down.

Rank 22, level 49, is the only augment that requires a MK-6 slot

Rank 23 augments, level 51, require a MK-7

There are no Rank 24 or 25 augments.

Rank 26, level 53, requires MK-8

No Rank 27 augments

Rank 28, level 55, requires MK-9

And then it gets even worse.

The Rank jumps from 28 to 36. Nothing in between.

Rank 36 augments require a MK-10 slot.

For all the previous ranks, the "green", "blue", and "purple" versions all require the same level, But...

The "green" Rank 36 augments require level 55

"Blue" Rank 36 augments require level 56.

"Purple" Rank 36 augments require level 58.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Ok so basically the higher the augment rank the higher the augment slot (augmentation kit) has to be?

That's correct. It's really only cost efficient to slot Mk-10 augment kits, as they will not have to be upgraded for a long time and you'll never encounter an augment that doesn't work with them (until the next major expansion).

Only worry about Mk-10 kits, because it's a waste of time and money to futz around with anything less.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.