Let me choose the maps i want to pvp on

Drklight

What would be the downside of that?

None, so far as I can tell, save for a slight delay as it waits out before broadening the search pattern. And, yeah, some folks might not see a zone they like in days. Queshball probably will probably stop popping.

I wonder if you could do this with a "preferred" WZ option.

So it would work like this. You could select one or more WZs that you would prefer to play. So for me that would be Huttball, Queshball and Voidstar (DON'T JUDGE ME! :jawa_tongue:). The system would work just like it does now, except that if there are say 16 who have Huttball selected, then the queue will give them that WZ instead of a random one.

If instead there aren't enough people to pick a particular WZ in the queue, but enough to make a WZ, the game just picks a random WZ.

If you could do that with 1! map, then sure.

None, so far as I can tell, save for a slight delay as it waits out before broadening the search pattern. And, yeah, some folks might not see a zone they like in days. Queshball probably will probably stop popping.

Seriously, what do people have against queshball? I think the map is better than the original.. -_-

Edited by Evolixe

I would like arenas more if they were a "how many kills can you get in [X] amount of time" or a "First to [X] number of kills wins," with the ability to respawn.

As it stands, the rules of Arenas greatly favor some classes over others. I can't tell you how many poor Mercs/Commandos I see quit after getting blown up in a first round.

You're on a roll today. These were my thoughts exactly. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Arena's suck because people hate to lose. And when you get killed in 5 seconds, its not fun. If you had a chance to come back and get revenge, then yeh, it'd be better. And then just have whichever side got the most kills, making it a pure deathmatch. Have an instant spawn so no waiting, and you just jump right back in to it.

Edited by lavatsunami

You're on a roll today. These were my thoughts exactly. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Arena's suck because people hate to lose. And when you get killed in 5 seconds, its not fun. If you had a chance to come back and get revenge, then yeh, it'd be better. And then just have whichever side got the most kills, making it a pure deathmatch. Have an instant spawn so no waiting, and you just jump right back in to it.

Interesting concept. But generally if you would lose the round in the current concept, I'm pretty sure you would lose on the long run in that concept as well. Minus the 5% exception.

Interesting concept. But generally if you would lose the round in the current concept, I'm pretty sure you would lose on the long run in that concept as well. Minus the 5% exception.

Yeh, you'd still lose, and what I really meant by lose in my last post, was die (usually extremely quickly)... but the gameplay would be completely different. You'd get to try and try and try again. Arena is annoying because you die and it's over. It changes the feel from a regular wz. In a reg, maybe you don't mind taking certain risks because you know you come back. If arena was like I described it, it'd be much, much more fun.

Edited by lavatsunami

That's true, but I think it will give you a chance to do at least something and will reduce the advantage of the stealth classes by a small margin, as it will be harder to synchronize going back into stealth (maybe?). I dunno, I think one 5 min death farming round might not be a bad thing to try out. It does not even require that much rework.... At the very least you get more practice out of it. Edited by DomiSotto

It could also change the gameplay in that maybe the biggest threat gets targeted, instead of the person with the worst dcds.

It wouldn't really. The goal is still to get the first kill asap.

Since as soon as 1 is dead, you're not only 1 point ahead, you can also fight 4v3 very briefly highly boosting your chances.

The bottom line though is still you get to play more in an Arena, have a chance to correct a mistake, and more of a random factor is going to be introduced. I think overall I would prefer the respawn and recycle to the no second chances model.

Possibly, but let's look at our big 2: Sorcs and PTs.

PTs do well because they can kill darn quick. The ability to burst a person down is great because once a person is down, you're at 3 v 4. That makes it much, much easier to seal the deal.

Sorcs are on the opposite end. They have a ton of escapes, heals and such, but only moderate damage. That gives them very strong staying power and allows them to keep their team in the fight longer. Long enough to get that one kill when others run out of resources and cooldowns. Then like above it's GG.

But if people could respawn, then bursting down one player doesn't have as much value, because they'll be back in a few seconds. PTs often take a goodly amount of damage getting that one person down. So when the person comes back at full strength they could get a kill on that PTs evening the score in a "most kills" game.

Sorcs would still have their staying power, but without the burst they would have a devil of a time getting a lot of kills. Right now, Sorcs can let the game go to the gas and still win most of the time since you can hide barrier which means that you will have full life going into the gas.

In these situations, the other classes which are in the middle of extreme damage and extreme self-sufficiency could have a place.

I wonder if you could do this with a "preferred" WZ option.

So it would work like this. You could select one or more WZs that you would prefer to play. So for me that would be Huttball, Queshball and Voidstar (DON'T JUDGE ME! :jawa_tongue:). The system would work just like it does now, except that if there are say 16 who have Huttball selected, then the queue will give them that WZ instead of a random one.

If instead there aren't enough people to pick a particular WZ in the queue, but enough to make a WZ, the game just picks a random WZ.

Repetition. For ease of use, let's say there are 16 people in queue. All of them have selected at least 3 warzones they like, but the only common one between everyone is Civil War. Have fun playing ACW for the next few hours.

Repetition. For ease of use, let's say there are 16 people in queue. All of them have selected at least 3 warzones they like, but the only common one between everyone is Civil War. Have fun playing ACW for the next few hours.

After 3 times one of them drops ACW from their queue and it goes random from there. Or because they are having fun, they all play ACW for hours and thank their lucky stars they didn't get a game they don't like.

I don't see the problem.

Possibly, but let's look at our big 2: Sorcs and PTs.

PTs do well because they can kill darn quick. The ability to burst a person down is great because once a person is down, you're at 3 v 4. That makes it much, much easier to seal the deal.

Sorcs are on the opposite end. They have a ton of escapes, heals and such, but only moderate damage. That gives them very strong staying power and allows them to keep their team in the fight longer. Long enough to get that one kill when others run out of resources and cooldowns. Then like above it's GG.

But if people could respawn, then bursting down one player doesn't have as much value, because they'll be back in a few seconds. PTs often take a goodly amount of damage getting that one person down. So when the person comes back at full strength they could get a kill on that PTs evening the score in a "most kills" game.

Sorcs would still have their staying power, but without the burst they would have a devil of a time getting a lot of kills. Right now, Sorcs can let the game go to the gas and still win most of the time since you can hide barrier which means that you will have full life going into the gas.

In these situations, the other classes which are in the middle of extreme damage and extreme self-sufficiency could have a place.

Yep, you now have a different dynamic that makes the gameplay different and would produce different strategies.

After 3 times one of them drops ACW from their queue and it goes random from there. Or because they are having fun, they all play ACW for hours and thank their lucky stars they didn't get a game they don't like.

I don't see the problem.

I don't see how this resolves anything without a population increase. You either need 16 people that fit together to create two teams to have the same warzone selected or you go random like it is now. Not sure getting the warzone you want multiple times in a row before removing it and getting randomed is a better scenario than just going random from the start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.