3.0 Virulence - Stat Builds?

MaricAndrellian

Never liked marksman - been playing around with virulence.

wondering what others have discovered as far as Secondary Stat Builds

Crit, Surge, Alacrity

So far - augmented in 186 Cunning Augs, 3x accuracy

Accuracy is 774 - 110.10%

crit is 232 - 23.97%

surge is 408 - 70.48%

alacrity: 0

running old 4 piece set bonus in 168's

192-186 dps offpieces

180 min maxed mods - and 192a Mods

186 min maxed enhancements

--i swapped out some enhances for power/alacrity -- but at 4% alacrity -- the timing of the 3 cull rotation was off. wondering if its like a merc or pt where the alacrity really made improvements?

what are snipers finding works?

my surge kinda high - but no real way to lower.. its either 300 or 400 (65% vs 71%)

Never liked marksman - been playing around with virulence.

wondering what others have discovered as far as Secondary Stat Builds

Crit, Surge, Alacrity

So far - augmented in 186 Cunning Augs, 3x accuracy

Accuracy is 774 - 110.10%

crit is 232 - 23.97%

surge is 408 - 70.48%

alacrity: 0

running old 4 piece set bonus in 168's

192-186 dps offpieces

180 min maxed mods - and 192a Mods

186 min maxed enhancements

--i swapped out some enhances for power/alacrity -- but at 4% alacrity -- the timing of the 3 cull rotation was off. wondering if its like a merc or pt where the alacrity really made improvements?

what are snipers finding works?

my surge kinda high - but no real way to lower.. its either 300 or 400 (65% vs 71%)

I'm a little surprised the timing of the 3-cull is off, but alacrity should be working fine with it. I'm guessing the synergy with alacrity and DoT ticks is different to what it normally is?

Yolo will be releasing a guide as well Soon™, and I've seen him running with >500 crit rating and he also does things differently to how most people do things. Trust Yolo, he's in Zorz and one of the best snipers in the world.

My personal current stats:

110.14% Accuracy (772 Rating)

28.63% Crit (459 Rating)

72.26% Surge (480 Rating)

0% Alacrity (Do I need to put that here?)

I personally would love to use some Alacrity, but I feel I can't really afford to lose any Crit Rating with the current rotation I'm running. I am almost BiS 198's for a reference. Here's a pic for reference.

Going to resume testing different stat distributions, but so far my best results were with this setup. Hope this helps!

thanks gentlemen. with alacrity speeding up our dots, and cooldowns i imagined it would be beneficial- but the cull rotation seems pretty tight as is. shortening them just a little seemed to throw it off - where id be waiting approx a 1/2 GCD for cull to come back off-- or itd be ready to early..

not long to fill with anything... just short enough to be annoying.

since removed- and considered trying crit. def sounds interesting. stacked full cunning augs - and slowly rotating out 180 min max power mods for the 192a Crits.

In my personal opinon, i do not like marksman. I love the mobitilty of virulence - and i feel it has the potential to lay down some high dps when a proper setup is discovered.

strange to see so many snipers running around with extremely poor dps - especially considering where the class was pre 3.0.

looking forward to your posts soon. good luck*