Dot Ticking Bug :)

myragoeshappy

Interesting, thanks for investigating this case of the missing DOT ticks. Hopefully the Devs will take notice/chime in. Submit as a bug if you discover the same thing!

As for the Sage Force-Master Alacrity set bonus, I received a reply to my ticket that said simply, "you were right to submit a bug report." Hopefully they're looking into it, although at this point I've moved on to the new 6-piece bonus.

I tried to reproduce the glitch by activating Polarity Shift after applying DOTs.

It looks like any type of DOT will be affected: The critical factor is whether the DOT expires during the time that Polarity Shift is active.

For instance:

Test 1:

Applied Affliction, Creeping Terror and Demolish.

Activated Polarity Shift immediately after Demolish starts.

Demolish ends 6 seconds before the end of Polarity Shift; loses 2 ticks.

Affliction and Creeping Terror end 1 second after Polarity Shift; they lose no ticks.

Test 2:

Activated Polarity Shift half way through the Demolish DOT ticking.

Demolish ends 10 seconds before the end of Polarity Shift; loses 2 ticks.

Affliction and Creeping Terror end 5 seconds before the end of Polarity Shift; both lose 1 tick each.

Test 3:

Activated Polarity Shift first.

Demolish ends at the same time as Polarity Shift; loses no ticks.

Affliction and Creeping Terror end 8 seconds after Polarity Shift; they lose no ticks.

Summary:

- If you apply your DoTs after activating Polarity Shift, the duration of the DoTs gets lowered and the DoT ticking speed gets increased.

- If you apply your DoTs before activating Polarity Shift, the duration of the DoTs gets lowered but the DoT ticking speed does not get increased.

Right?

Summary:

- If you apply your DoTs after activating Polarity Shift, the duration of the DoTs gets lowered and the DoT ticking speed gets increased.

- If you apply your DoTs before activating Polarity Shift, the duration of the DoTs gets lowered but the DoT ticking speed does not get increased.

Right?

yes something like that

Can confirm this is bugged for Lightning as well.

4 piece = 5% Alacrity

Polarity Shift = 20% Alacrity

Affliction first hit procs 4 piece - 7 hits (normal)

Affliction tick procs 4 piece - 6 hits

Affliction tick procs 4 piece + Polarity Shift - 5 hits

Affliction with Polarity Shift already up - 7 hits

Affliction with Polarity Shift used after - 5 hits

Affliction first 4 hits, then Polarity Shift - 5 hits

Affliction first 5 hits, then Polarity Shift - 5 hits (lolwat)

Crushing Darkness - 7 hits

Crushing Darkness with Polarity Shift used after - 6 hits

Resurgence - 4 hits

Resurgence with Polarity Shift used after - 3 hits

Appears to depend on how much Alacrity is gained during the dot, will do some more testing and see what I can come up with :eek:

Edited by KTap

Summary:

Right?

Edit: Partially.

As I showed with my 3 tests, what matters most is whether or not the DOT expires during Polarity Shift. For instance, see these 2 examples where I applied all 3 DOTs before activating Polarity Shift:

Test 1:

Activated Polarity Shift immediately after Demolish starts.

Demolish ends 6 seconds before the end of Polarity Shift; loses 2 ticks.

Affliction and Creeping Terror end 1 second after Polarity Shift; they lose no ticks.

Test 2:

Activated Polarity Shift half way through the Demolish DOT ticking.

Demolish ends 10 seconds before the end of Polarity Shift; loses 2 ticks.

Affliction and Creeping Terror end 5 seconds before the end of Polarity Shift; both lose 1 tick each.

Notice that Affliction and Creeping Terror were always activated before Polarity Shift, but they only lost ticks if they expired during the buff.

Edited by Gardimuer

It works the other way around too, you can get 9 ticks off Vanquish and Mind Crush :p

Could you post a combat log of that? I'd be interested to see it. Demolish/Crushing Darkness (equivalent of Mind Crush) is usually supposed to do 1 big tick followed by 8 smaller ones.

Edited by Gardimuer

Could you post a combat log of that? I'd be interested to see it. Demolish/Crushing Darkness (equivalent of Mind Crush) is usually supposed to do 1 big tick followed by 8 smaller ones.

Why of course

02:59:01.913 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish for 1.985 kinetic damage (1.985 threat)
02:59:02.612 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 694 kinetic damage (694 threat)
02:59:03.432 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 694 kinetic damage (694 threat)
02:59:04.214 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 1.049* kinetic damage (1.049 threat)
02:59:04.945 You lose Unshakable effect
02:59:04.946 You lose Mental Alacrity effect
02:59:05.034 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 694 kinetic damage (694 threat)
02:59:05.825 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 1.049* kinetic damage (1.049 threat)
02:59:06.616 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 694 kinetic damage (694 threat)
02:59:07.442 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 694 kinetic damage (694 threat)
02:59:08.220 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 689 kinetic damage (689 threat)
02:59:09.122 You hit Warzone Training Dummy with Vanquish: Crushed (Vanquish) for 689 kinetic damage (689 threat)

I cut out relic procs. Mental Alacrity was activated before combat started. Used warzone dummy because I didn't have any accuracy on me at the moment :p

Edited by ceazare

• 1 month later...