What do you think of Space Battles so far?

Shouldyouplayit

At first I didn't like them. Then yesterday I tried again. I was a little better. Then I spent the money on level-1 upgrades. Wow...what a difference it made. :)

Now I love them.

They're a nice relaxing side game. Every time I jump in my ship to go somewhere, I always do at least one space mission.

I need enough commendations to get those pilot uniform pieces.

While it's hardly deep and engrossing content, I like the space battles. They're very easy (if you keep your ship upgraded) so you don't need to pay too much attention and the dailies are excellent xp/hour.

I just sit on my ship and spam WZs whilst flying the daily missions. On my BH, I don't think I've had to step onto a planet at all in the last 10 levels...

My only gripe is that if you join a WZ from a space mission you have to restart the mission afterwards, it'd be great if the space mission were paused since it's essentially single-player.

Never liked starfox thought it was tedious and dull more a fan of actuall space sims like freelancer so SW:TOR great game but i strongly dislike the arcade like space system.

SWG did alot of things wrong and alot of things right and space was one thing i felt they where on the right track with just lacked actuall engaging content in the way of mission's.

I really like them, as a tank its a better choise then grinding normal quests or doing objectives like in other mmo's, then again all heroics are doable as a daily quest so I will do that.

As a game itself its a nice distraction from the game and honestly a good thing to have some variety, maybe it will get more complicated aspects later on with some sort of group thingies or guild ships.

But for now, the only real excitement is holding down the left mouse button and reading a comic. Oh sometimes I get the extra tingle of excitement by pressing, get this, RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON! How awesome is that. (Edit: Yes Im being overly sarcastic, but really what else can you expect from some of its dificulty level)

They really need to do something to the space ship contact unless they really want it to be soemthing you can do without actually paying attention to it at all. Worst hazards in combat are flying to an asteroid becouse you fell asleep just dosn't sound like a sound reward for the crazy ammount of XP you get from it so maybe they want to tune it to be in order with its dificulty, increase credit ammount and make that come from kills instead of XP.

Maybe they had bigger plans (like on some missions you see 2 of each ship) to be able to play them in a party? Don't know about that heres for hoping they actually turn it to something else then an extremely cheap way to make exp.

Edited by Sohtaraz

Never liked starfox thought it was tedious and dull more a fan of actuall space sims like freelancer so SW:TOR great game but i strongly dislike the arcade like space system.

SWG did alot of things wrong and alot of things right and space was one thing i felt they where on the right track with just lacked actuall engaging content in the way of mission's.

Freelancer was another amazing game I loved to play, never played SWG did I miss out on much?

Frankly, I adore the space battles. While they feel a bit repetative after a while, (if you do every mission you can do every day) you unlock more bonus objectives as you get higher level, giving interesting and new challenges in even the easier levels. (Example being, you get a huge credit bonus in Makem Te Assault if you destroy the bridge of the destroyer at the end, instead of just the shield generators and turrets. Takes like, 20 missiles to do, but totally worth it for that extra 2k or so).

Freelancer was another amazing game I loved to play, never played SWG did I miss out on much?

As much as we complain about SWG it was great fun and the communites on the servers are what i think kept it going after the NGE.

Space in galaxies was fun i took 3 characters to master pilot it wasn't freelancer but it had good customisation and decent gameplay and a nice selection of ships for the 3 space factions.

Didn't like the concept before I got into beta but was told, "Try it first... can't say you don't like something you don't like!"

So, beta came and went still didn't like it and was told, "The game is not live yet... you can't complain about it in beta!"

So, here I am in live and I STILL DO NOT LIKE IT. It's boring, skilless, and frankly an insult to the genre. I have played the one mission and will not play any more as it is that horrible.

And for your convience I will post all the normal (wrong) replies to this objection of the current space combat :

Go play EVE!

It's only a mini game!

3D space is too hard for most people!

This isn't SWG2!

Stop asking for another complete game inside this one!

None of the above statements has ANYTHING to do with what I am saying or has any validity.

They're okay. I almost would have preffered NO space though, in the hope that we got a propper space expansion..

And if they were going to make space so closed, why not make it more like the "rogue squadron" series?

I understand that this was probably the quickest, easiest thing to make to shut people up about space, but quickest and easiest isn't good enough.

Space combat is okay. I enjoy it as a break from the rest of the game, but with such limited space missions (theres 5. They just repeat at higher levels in slighly varied ways from what i've seen at level 36) it just seems like a pointless addon.

TLDR space combat is okay but meh.