The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[PVE]Improve AP/Tactics resource management.

NogueiraA

I have all the classes on lvl 60, played all the specs to see the one I'd use as a main in 3.0.

Due to my group composition I'll be using Powertech AP most of the fights, some fights I'll switch to Pyrotech for AOE potential.

Me and my group are 3/5 HM on both operations.

I see myself using auto-shot A LOT, every 3 GCD.

As a Hatred assassin too, to much auto-atack.

I suggest the following:

"The bleed from Retractable Blade/Gut restores 4 heat/ammo if it damages any NPC" (to not break PVP).

Or

"Retractable Blade/Gut now does slighlty less damage, ticks every second and it's critical chance is increased by 25% if it damages any NPC".

Or

"Increase damage by auto-shot by 40% and increase it's critical chance by 25% if it damages any NPC".

Resource management is a challenge? Yes, but auto-shotting shouldn't be part of the challenge to do high DPS.

I have all the classes on lvl 60, played all the specs to see the one I'd use as a main in 3.0.

Due to my group composition I'll be using Powertech AP most of the fights, some fights I'll switch to Pyrotech for AOE potential.

Me and my group are 3/5 HM on both operations.

I see myself using auto-shot A LOT, every 3 GCD.

As a Hatred assassin too, to much auto-atack.

I suggest the following:

"The bleed from Retractable Blade/Gut restores 4 heat/ammo if it damages any NPC" (to not break PVP).

Or

"Retractable Blade/Gut now does slighlty less damage, ticks every second and it's critical chance is increased by 25% if it damages any NPC".

Or

"Increase damage by auto-shot by 40% and increase it's critical chance by 25% if it damages any NPC".

Resource management is a challenge? Yes, but auto-shotting shouldn't be part of the challenge to do high DPS.

I dunno, the spec just feels perfect. Sure, you auto-attack a little, but if you do it right its every 15 seconds - 10 attacks - so something must be going horribly wrong for you to need one every 3rd attack.

I dunno, the spec just feels perfect. Sure, you auto-attack a little, but if you do it right its every 15 seconds - 10 attacks - so something must be going horribly wrong for you to need one every 3rd attack.

Yes, every 3rd-4GCD, cause 3GCD is the time to proc Railshot/HiB again, so you can count with that energy recovery.

I must be doing something wrong, cause I don't see people talking about this, while other specs you don't use auto-atack ever.

What kind of rotation are you using? I haven't had much issue with resource management unless I get too trigger happy and forget to use hammer shots every once in a while.

Well I always count 3 GCD after proccing Rail Shot/HiB, so I put auto-atack in the 2nd GCD.

GCD1 Rocket Punch/Stockstrike -> GCD2 auto-atack -> GCD3 Mag Blast/Tactical Surge(Proc) -> Railshot/HiB.

So GCD1 is situational to use Assault Plastique/Thermal Det or Cell Burst.

I try to always put auto-atack on GCD2 so GCD3 I can proc RS/HiB without delaying it.

Well I always count 3 GCD after proccing Rail Shot/HiB, so I put auto-atack in the 2nd GCD.

GCD1 Rocket Punch/Stockstrike -> GCD2 auto-atack -> GCD3 Mag Blast/Tactical Surge(Proc) -> Railshot/HiB.

So GCD1 is situational to use Assault Plastique/Thermal Det or Cell Burst.

I try to always put auto-atack on GCD2 so GCD3 I can proc RS/HiB without delaying it.

See there's your problem.

Over that 6 second period of time, you will vent 35 heat (at max heat venting). That list uses between 28 heat (4-piece set bonus, rocket punch in GCD 1) and 35 heat (no set bonus, Energy Burst in GCD 1). It doesn't take any advantage at all of:

Recharge Cells

Thermal Sensor Overrides

The fact that no 4-GCD combo is ever heat negative

So of course you're spamming auto-attack a lot. You're wasting up to 7 heat every 4 GCDs because of auto-attack spam, and not bothering with your recharge cooldowns.

I've got a complicated-looking priority list in my guide (found on Dulfy.net) that shows how you actually do it. For times sake, i'll use the PT terms (there seems to be more Powertechs than Vanguards out there)

HOW TO USE IT

As you enter each GCD, go down the list. Start at the top, and use each ability depending on if the conditions are met or not.

GCD 1

Retractable Blade (it fell off for some stupid reason)

Rocket Punch

4x Energy Lode Energy Burst

Rail Shot

Rapid Shots (Heat > 25)

Magnetic Blast

GCD 2

Retractable Blade (it fell off)

Thermal Detonator

Rail Shot

Rapid Shots (Heat > 30)

Magnetic Blast

GCD 3

Rocket Punch

Magnetic Blast

GCD 4

Retractable Blade if Bleed fell off

Thermal Detonator

Rail Shot

In addition, if you have Thermal Sensor Overrides up and GCD 1 + 2 are both going to be either Rapid Shots or Magnetic Blast, you can use a TSO + Unload combo in those 2 GCDs.

Oh and here's an example video to go with it (this time VG Terms because reasons):

http://youtu.be/YXSJ22y8uGQ

Edited by TACeMossie

See there's your problem.

Over that 6 second period of time, you will vent 35 heat (at max heat venting). That list uses between 28 heat (4-piece set bonus, rocket punch in GCD 1) and 35 heat (no set bonus, Energy Burst in GCD 1). It doesn't take any advantage at all of:

Recharge Cells

Thermal Sensor Overrides

The fact that no 4-GCD combo is ever heat negative

So of course you're spamming auto-attack a lot. You're wasting up to 7 heat every 4 GCDs because of auto-attack spam, and not bothering with your recharge cooldowns.

I've got a complicated-looking priority list in my guide (found on Dulfy.net) that shows how you actually do it. For times sake, i'll use the PT terms (there seems to be more Powertechs than Vanguards out there)

HOW TO USE IT

As you enter each GCD, go down the list. Start at the top, and use each ability depending on if the conditions are met or not.

GCD 1

Retractable Blade (it fell off for some stupid reason)

Rocket Punch

Rail Shot

Rapid Shots (Heat > 25)

Magnetic Blast

GCD 2

Retractable Blade (it fell off)

Thermal Detonator

Rail Shot

Rapid Shots (Heat > 30)

Magnetic Blast

GCD 3

Rocket Punch

Magnetic Blast

GCD 4

Retractable Blade if Bleed fell off

Thermal Detonator

Rail Shot

In addition, if you have Thermal Sensor Overrides up and GCD 1 + 2 are both going to be either Rapid Shots or Magnetic Blast, you can use a TSO + Unload combo in those 2 GCDs.

Oh and here's an example video to go with it (this time VG Terms because reasons):

http://youtu.be/YXSJ22y8uGQ

Reading this 10x, I'll come back after practicing. Thanks for now.

BTW I have the 2nd bonus.

Edited by NogueiraA