The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please, please don't nerf the 60 HMs!

This is for the developers..

Thank you for making HMs where people need to think and do their jobs correctly.

Do not listen to all the belly aching from people who can't figure simple mechanics out.

Fix the bugs, but keep the difficulty high.

Complicated boss fights are fun and engaging.

Please give us Elite coms in the 60 HMs.

... yes I know how much hate I'm gonna get from people who don't know how to play right, but it is how I feel.

This is for the developers..

Thank you for making HMs where people need to think and do their jobs correctly.

Do not listen to all the belly aching from people who can't figure simple mechanics out.

Fix the bugs, but keep the difficulty high.

Complicated boss fights are fun and engaging.

Please give us Elite coms in the 60 HMs.

... yes I know how much hate I'm gonna get from people who don't know how to play right, but it is how I feel.

Please explain which fights are difficult - I haven't seen anything other than the typical don't stand in stupid mechanic or basic kill order.

And I'm all for complicated and hard fights, but these are not complicated nor hard, they are simply tuned high - both in outgoing damage and damage required to beat a few of the bosses.

But ok, if you want to feel elite because you can perform at an average level of dps for the gear required or move out of a big circle then I'm all for them keeping them as is to keep you happy.

Right now, I don't waste my time because the effort and time required to complete are not in line with the rewards - and again, that doesn't have anything to do with difficulty, though it does have to do with the tuning and the idiotic Basic comms and junk gear drops.

Until or unless I can get useful gear, be it comm or dropped gear (none of which is currently useful), from these flashpoints with a moderate time investment required, I won't bother with them.

Edited by DawnAskham

I have no problems with high difficulty in flashpoints however with risk must have a matching reward, for that reason I refuse to bother queuing for HM flashpoints.

Personally I'd like a reason to run them like LI HM had with the rakata chest and columi MH. I mean once you optimize 186 you can step straight into operations and earn far better gear than you can in a flashpoint so what's the point in running them?

<snip>

great way of misreading the intentions of the OP .........

From my point of view the flashpoints are hard because of the DPS check on some of the bosses and/or damage taken. The problem is that when you keep nerfing stuff you end up in a downward spiral. The more easy stuff you are giving to someone the more easier endgame needs to be. Its kinda like in the movie idiocracy where in the end everything needs to be numbed down till the extreme.

Anyways enough ranting/chicken little thoughts.

The flashpoints are not hard at all. I already have been in pugs where we 3 manned trash and/or bosses because either the tank left the flashpoint or because the tank suicided and respawned at area start.

So ..... yeah ...... if pugs already are able to 3 man the lv60 HM flashpoints ...... :rak_02:

No nerf needed and those wiping on it should look at themselves and ask themselves why they are wiping on it.

The only change worth doing is Assault on Tython first boss and adds not dropping shields sometimes, everything else is ok.

Things that changed vs lvl 55 hardmodes:

a) killed bosses on HM give basic commendations.

b) there is no hidden weekly for killing a bonus boss in a HM flashpoint.

c) bonus bosses on HM give basic commendations and no gear at all, this should be changed.

This is the reason why I prefer any lower level operation to doing flashpoints.

The one fight that needs changing is also one of the easiest in the current crop of HM FP. My justification for this is that to do it properly requires more coordination between DPS than the Sword Squadron enrage (!), even though the consequences for failing the mechanic are 'light' (being subjected to more minutes of obnoxious but low damage mechanics versus wiping) it's very aggravating and IMO unreasonable to expect random people pugging it through Group Finder to bring two adds down to the same level of health at exactly the same time.

IMO the mechanic should be given more tolerance for approximate execution and the penalty for failure could reasonably be increased to compensate for the mechanic being easier. Also, the High Explosive Shells mechanic in that same fight should have its knocback replaced by more damage so as to represent a challenge rather than a pointless annoyance.

I'd also definitely agree with upping the rewards: very rapidly after hitting 60, the HMFP lose all purpose other than conquest through Group Finder. Ops requiring large groups of players should not be the only form of PvE worth doing, especially as 8-man SM also has very weak rewards too (I did an 8 man Ravagers for 10 ults and junk, that's seriously not enough guaranteed rewards for a raid—especially when HM SnV gives 52 Ults).

EDIT: while I'm not 100% certain of this, the mechanics of the second boss on Korriban should probably also be looked at since I'm not convinced all possible group compositions could clear at it the correct gear tier. If both DPS are melee ACs with weak/short DCD, I suspect the group will need at least an overgeared healer to succeed (this is as much a class balance issue as it is an HMFP issue tbh).

Edited by MiaowZedong

I'm ok with the difficulty. The biggest difference is your group can either do it or not. There is very little grey area. In the past two good players could carry you through, not so much anymore.

Maybe the tacticals have given people a false idea of what a FP is suppose to be.

Sure, because 3 challenging fights out of 12 makes it oh so epic, and all for garbage rewards.

The 60 HM fps are not hard, they simply have three bosses that are overtuned. If they were actually hard, then every single boss would be as hard the three that everyone has a problem with.

The 60 HM fps are not hard, they simply have three bosses that are overtuned. If they were actually hard, then every single boss would be as hard the three that everyone has a problem with.

Three?

I only have problem with the last boss on Manaan when I'm in PUG.