Character Backgrounds

KahnJordan

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I had an idea that during character creation you could pick a home planet, and this choice gave different dialogue options if you are doing missions on that planet. For example a Trooper from Balmorra, Resistance members who've lost faith in the Republic would make little comments, and the Trooper would have a dialogue option to defend their decision of joining the Republic military.

I know this isn't practical considering the game is three years old, and the financial cost of doing anything like this would be prohibitive.

Classes were supposed to offer a choice in background, similar to what we had in the original ME and DA but unfortunately, it ended up being scrapped. :(

Aside some references here and there, such as Aric stating the Trooper led some resistance effort and Chiss Agents claiming they belonged to the secret police on Csilla, nothing of that was salvaged I think.

Long story short, that boat has long sailed.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Classes were supposed to offer a choice in background, similar to what we had in the original ME and DA but unfortunately, it ended up being scrapped. :(

Aside some references here and there, such as Aric stating the Trooper led some resistance effort and Chiss Agents claiming they belonged to the secret police on Csilla, nothing of that was salvaged I think.

Long story short, that boat has long sailed.

Don't forget the Inquisitor being a slave (esp. the story you can tell Andronikos) and the Warrior coming from a glorious Sith bloodline.

Don't forget the Inquisitor being a slave (esp. the story you can tell Andronikos) and the Warrior coming from a glorious Sith bloodline.

Actually the SI storyline suggests that the inquisitor was the genetic line of an ancient bloodline dating all the way back to Lord Kallig who was betrayed by Tulak Horde, Kallig died in an ambush and left unawares until grave robbers headed to the old temple on Dromund Kaas where the spirit awoke. as for the inquisitor, born into slavery and the family bloodline and name completely forgotten until that point.

The Sith Warrior was also a slave, however the slave was flown in special and trials arranged by Overseer Tremel, as his own plans were in risk of failing. Not much is known about the warriors past beyond the simple, that the empire likes it's slavery and any slave with force ability is sent to Korriban to become Sith.

Actually the SI storyline suggests that the inquisitor was the genetic line of an ancient bloodline dating all the way back to Lord Kallig who was betrayed by Tulak Horde, Kallig died in an ambush and left unawares until grave robbers headed to the old temple on Dromund Kaas where the spirit awoke. as for the inquisitor, born into slavery and the family bloodline and name completely forgotten until that point.

The Sith Warrior was also a slave, however the slave was flown in special and trials arranged by Overseer Tremel, as his own plans were in risk of failing. Not much is known about the warriors past beyond the simple, that the empire likes it's slavery and any slave with force ability is sent to Korriban to become Sith.

As the next poster stated, the warrior is not a slave. The inquisitor gets many dialogue options during questing to remind people he was once a slave as well so they better be careful what they say. The warrior gets no such dialogue. The warrior is praised throughout his training by various characters both in the sith warrior story and generic quest givers. If you play as a pureblooded sith that is also acknowledged while it isn't for the inquisitor. In fact, originally you couldn't be a pure blooded sith as an inquisitor and bioware's reason why is that it's too rare and thus didn't make much sense to be a pureblooded Sith slave.